Emergency Alert Notification Call

21 Oct 2010 10:46 - 11 Dec 2016 01:32 #1 by ComputerBreath
Did anyone else receive a emergency alert notification call at 12:21am this morning regarding an escaped prisoner or a wanted person that was running loose in the Fairplay area?

Where would I go to find out the information, as I didn't catch the phone call in time to hear what exactly is going on and I don't seem to see any more information anywhere else I know to look.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Oct 2010 10:58 - 11 Dec 2016 01:33 #2 by CC
You should call the Sheriff's dept. and ask about the situation.
Please let us know what you find out.

Park County Dispatch (non-emergency): 719-836-4121
Park County Jail: 719-836-4373
Sheriff's Office Fx (Fairplay): 719-836-4113

mymountaintown.com/forum/139-the-campfir...one-number-directory

21 Oct 2010 11:51 - 11 Dec 2016 01:33 #3 by MamaRama
I received TWO calls from Emergency Alert Notification. I called my neighbor to find out if she had received one. (1st. one) She HAD NOT. She called the Sheriff's number and was told that the call was for the FAIRPLAY area and not us in Elk Creek Highlands. She was apologized to and was told by someone named Sara that this matter would be looked into. At about 12:15 I received the second call stating that the 911 folks sent out the 1st. call as PCSO had been attempting to execute a search warrant and the situation had gone as planned. they said that there was a person on the lose, to all Fairplay residents to lock there doors and bring in their animals. If they saw anything amiss they were to call the 911 dispatch and report it.

We went thru this crap last year where everyone in our area would receive a emergency alert notification call BUT US. When I called the Sheriffs Dept. to report it, They said they were going to test the alert system and then called us back and told us they REALLY saw NO NEED to test it. So MAYBE IT'S TIME TO TEST IT??

21 Oct 2010 13:25 - 11 Dec 2016 01:34 #4 by V_A

MamaRama wrote: I received TWO calls from Emergency Alert Notification. I called my neighbor to find out if she had received one. (1st. one) She HAD NOT. She called the Sheriff's number and was told that the call was for the FAIRPLAY area and not us in Elk Creek Highlands. She was apologized to and was told by someone named Sara that this matter would be looked into. At about 12:15 I received the second call stating that the 911 folks sent out the 1st. call as PCSO had been attempting to execute a search warrant and the situation had gone as planned. they said that there was a person on the lose, to all Fairplay residents to lock there doors and bring in their animals. If they saw anything amiss they were to call the 911 dispatch and report it.

We went thru this crap last year where everyone in our area would receive a emergency alert notification call BUT US. When I called the Sheriffs Dept. to report it, They said they were going to test the alert system and then called us back and told us they REALLY saw NO NEED to test it. So MAYBE IT'S TIME TO TEST IT??

Do you have a Qwest phone # (816 or 838)? VOIP phone numbers provided by Skybeam, Vonage etc would not be in the 911 system for a call back.

Mama, I believe you would also complain about them testing the Emergency Alert Notification system and calling you. From your post, I imagine you are one of those people that is always unhappy.

21 Oct 2010 16:19 - 11 Dec 2016 01:34 #5 by CC
Willys...you guys can be quite the buttheads.

Police Hunt Child Sex Assault Suspect In Park County
Sheriff Phone Alert Warns Residents To Lock Doors, Windows

PARK COUNTY, Colo. -- Park County deputies, hunting for a man wanted on a child sexual assault warrant, issued a telephone alert Wednesday night warning residents near Fairplay to lock their doors and windows and report suspicious individuals.

The manhunt began Wednesday when Park County officials were alerted that fugitive Vincent Kingsley Wallace was in the area, Sheriff Fred Wegener said in a Thursday news release.

TheDenverChannel

21 Oct 2010 16:24 - 11 Dec 2016 01:35 #6 by CC
ahhhh....finally a use for the SWAT team....

theflume.com

......A suspect of an alleged sexual assault could not be found after the Park County Sheriff's Office SWAT team executed a search warrant Wednesday night in a home south of Fairplay......

21 Oct 2010 18:26 - 11 Dec 2016 01:35 #7 by AV8OR

Becky wrote: ahhhh....finally a use for the SWAT team....

theflume.com

......A suspect of an alleged sexual assault could not be found after the Park County Sheriff's Office SWAT team executed a search warrant Wednesday night in a home south of Fairplay......

I wonder how long it took the SWAT team commander to drive from Westminster?

21 Oct 2010 19:35 - 11 Dec 2016 01:36 #8 by CC
Maybe that is why the guy got away!

21 Oct 2010 20:16 - 11 Dec 2016 01:37 #9 by jf1acai
Maybe they were trying to get one of the (unused, AFAIK) Humvees to start? :Whistle

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

21 Oct 2010 21:23 - 11 Dec 2016 01:37 #10 by CC
LOL JF

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds