3 Million Attend Rally To Restore Sanity

30 Oct 2010 15:11 #11 by Jonathan Hemlock
How can anyone take comedians at their word for anything? Whoopi Goldberg! How about Al Franken? Each time, "I'm Al Franken" offers a word on the floor, everyone in the Senate should erupt with laughter, as if he's being funny.

Do you also think, The Daily Show and The Colbert Report is actually the news?

rofllol rofllol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Oct 2010 15:18 #12 by Scruffy

Jonathan Hemlock wrote: How can anyone take comedians at their word for anything? Whoopi Goldberg! How about Al Franken? Each time, "I'm Al Franken" offers a word on the floor, everyone in the Senate should erupt with laughter, as if he's being funny.

Do you also think, The Daily Show and The Colbert Report is actually the news?

rofllol rofllol

I'm just going to assume that you've watched both shows. Colbert does not report news. Neither does Stewart. As I am assuming you know, they do commentary and parodies of the news and how it is reported by other news organizations.

Stewart especially offers insight into issues that you will not find anywhere else. He also takes on the liberals when he thinks they are out of line or have done something hypocritical. For example, did he roll over and play dead when Obama was on his show this last week? NO. He made Obama squirm.

In my opinion, Stewart is a lot more honest than any other news organization, in that you know when they are making stuff up. At least Stewart acknowledges that he is a comedian and doesn't lie to his viewers, like Beck, O'Reilly and Rush do. I know that I'm watching a comedian and take his words with a grain of salt. Do Fox viewers do the same? No.

30 Oct 2010 15:20 #13 by Jonathan Hemlock
Well, you answered your own question, seems as if you've made up your mind.

What's on your news shows tonight?

30 Oct 2010 15:21 #14 by Residenttroll returns

Scruffy wrote:
I'm just going to assume that you've watched both shows. Colbert does not report news. Neither does Stewart. As I am assuming you know, they do commentary and parodies of the news and how it is reported by other news organizations.

So they basically wag their audience by making jokes about the "real news organizations?" Yea, nothing funny there.

I wonder if they are going to do a 24 parody on Obama and the terror of yesterday?

He makes a speech the same day. (waiting five days for Christmas day bomber). Oh yea baby, they arrested a woman in Yemen for sending the packages. Wow, all done in less than 24 hours. Jack saved the world again.

30 Oct 2010 15:40 #15 by FredHayek
Rally to restore sanity? Inconcievable! This is Washington DC.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Oct 2010 15:43 #16 by Wayne Harrison
As much as everyone makes fun of the effort, I think savvy politicians will look at the turnout and realize those are actual voters.

30 Oct 2010 16:03 #17 by JusSayin

Pineguy wrote: I think savvy politicians will look at the turnout and realize those are actual voters.

While behind locked doors the leftist Democrat politicians salivate over the 12-million+ illegals saying, "those are actual voters".

30 Oct 2010 16:34 #18 by Residenttroll returns
:yeahthat:

The largest 2012 voter drive yet!

30 Oct 2010 16:54 #19 by Scruffy

residenttroll wrote:

Scruffy wrote:

So they basically wag their audience by making jokes about the "real news organizations?" Yea, nothing funny there.

I wonder if they are going to do a 24 parody on Obama and the terror of yesterday?

He makes a speech the same day. (waiting five days for Christmas day bomber). Oh yea baby, they arrested a woman in Yemen for sending the packages. Wow, all done in less than 24 hours. Jack saved the world again.

If you don't understand Stewart's or Colbert's humor, just say so. No shame in that.

30 Oct 2010 16:57 #20 by Residenttroll returns

Scruffy wrote:
If you don't understand Stewart's or Colbert's humor, just say so. No shame in that.

I understand the humor. Why do you deny that they wag the audience with comedy?

So was the "Restore Sanity" a political rally or comedy show?

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds