Candidate's Alleged Mob Ties Won't Keep Him Out Of Congress

30 Oct 2010 18:06 #1 by LadyJazzer
Wow... Nmsys is right! It is fun just to comb the website and copy-and-paste outrage-of-the-day stories!! (And there are so many to choose from!)

GOP Candidate's Alleged Mob Ties Likely Won't Keep Him Out Of Congress

How big of a scandal does it take to make a congressional candidate unelectable? This year, if you're a Republican, it has to be pretty darn big.

Take GOP House candidate Tom Marino in Pennsylvania's Tenth District, located in the northeast corner of the state. As a US attorney, Marino gave a reference to his "close friend" Louis DeNaples, a convicted felon his office investigated for potential mob ties. When the Department of Justice reportedly launched an investigation into the reference, Marino resigned, and got a job working as DeNaples' in-house lawyer.

Since then, Marino has offered several different stories about whether he was authorized to give DeNaples the reference in the first place. (He wasn't.) But the scandal, which Marino's Dem opponent, Rep. Chris Carney, has harped upon in ads and speeches, seems to have had little impact on Marino's chances of ousting the two-term incumbent Blue Dog Dem. Nate Silver, the New York Times' polling guru, gives Marino a stunning 74 percent chance of winning on Tuesday. DeNaples, who was convicted of defrauding the government of more than half a million dollars in the 1970s, needed a reference so he could obtain a license from the state gaming commission to operate slot machines at the Mount Airy Lodge, a resort he owns in Eastern Pennsylvania. In 2005, Marino provided that reference.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2010/10 ... cs-problem

:bash :Koolaid: :bash :Koolaid: ... and: rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

THE STORIES ARE ALL OUTRAGES!!! ... AND THEY'RE ALL TRUE!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Oct 2010 20:04 #2 by Nobody that matters

LadyJazzer wrote: Wow... Nmsys is right! It is fun just to comb the website and copy-and-paste outrage-of-the-day stories!! (And there are so many to choose from!)

Y'know, There's a fine line between proving your point and becoming just as annoying an idiot as the person you're trying to prove a point about.

You crossed that line at least 24 hours ago.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

30 Oct 2010 20:54 #3 by archer
This thread is interesting ....it appears the republicans would vote for the devil himself just as long as he had an R after his name.

30 Oct 2010 21:00 #4 by jf1acai

it appears the republicans would vote for the devil himself just as long as he had an R after his name.

And the democrats have already proven they will do the same (with a D of course).

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

30 Oct 2010 21:15 #5 by archer

jf1acai wrote:

it appears the republicans would vote for the devil himself just as long as he had an R after his name.

And the democrats have already proven they will do the same (with a D of course).

awww jf1, you're better than a "you do it too" post.

30 Oct 2010 21:37 #6 by major bean
The mob tie sort of reminds me of John F Kennedy.

Regards,
Major Bean

30 Oct 2010 21:43 #7 by jf1acai
Mob ties to politicians?

I'm absolutely shocked!!!

rofllol

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

30 Oct 2010 21:50 #8 by Travelingirl

jf1acai wrote: Mob ties to politicians?

I'm absolutely shocked!!!

rofllol

You can hear the surprise in *MY* voice...or something like that.

31 Oct 2010 06:54 #9 by LadyJazzer

Nobody that matters wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: Wow... Nmsys is right! It is fun just to comb the website and copy-and-paste outrage-of-the-day stories!! (And there are so many to choose from!)

Y'know, There's a fine line between proving your point and becoming just as annoying an idiot as the person you're trying to prove a point about.

You crossed that line at least 24 hours ago.

Yes... It is annoying...isn't it... Glad you're enjoying it as much as I am... And, trust me, I'm enjoying it... :pop

31 Oct 2010 07:48 #10 by Nmysys
Let me point out something that may not be obvious to LJ. I posted 1 or 2 things each day to create controversy, which in turn has caused this forum to become quite active. This has led now to there being 4 Bound Community sites up with many more under contract and proposed, as well as more under construction, helping the owners of 285Bound build their business. They are in the process of building a Nationwide Network of Affiliate sites that will all link up together. With a great number of them, I posted that if you didn't want to read my posts that was your right, yet you all saw fit to read them and to comment, whether in agreement, or in rebuttal. The number of visitors to the site grew immensely as word has spread about the fun that could be had joining the site.

Now LJ and others have decided to pay me back by hijacking the forum, thinking they are smart. They are now becoming offensive. This is a business owned by some very nice people and hijacking the forum is unfair to them. This is a community site, and there are now other community sites, as there will be many more. Let's be fair to everyone in the community and let everyone participate and enjoy the wonderful creation that is 285Bound.com by not hijacking the forum for your stupid games.

Controversy in and of itself is one thing, hijacking the entire forum is another. Have a nice day.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds