SAVE $2,000.00 in TAXES !!!

02 Nov 2010 10:23 #41 by BearMtnHIB
The state government is the only entity that can address the funding problems with the schools.

It is the proper thing to do - shift the money away from property taxes to the state and let them hash it out. At that point they either find a way to fund it - or the state has to make cuts.

Some quick facts about Jeffco schools.

The district's total appropriated budget for fiscal year 2010 is $999,062,000.
Source - http://www.jeffcopublicschools.org/finance/

Jeffco schools has 84,000 students.
Source - http://www.jeffcopublicschools.org/

That's $11,935.59 to educate each and every student - per year.

Do you see anything wrong here? Most state colleges do not charge that kind of money!

Taxes for Jeffco schools are the largest portion of our property taxes - they amount to just about 50% of all the property taxes we pay.

If we are to make our local government accountable - the schools out of control budget needs to be on the table. If you vote no on 60 - you just blew the only chance we've had in 18 years to do somthing about it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Nov 2010 10:29 #42 by outdoor338
LJ is the crew manager at McDonalds, and on 2nd shift, works with a bunch of teenagers..s/he can't handle them..maybe s/he should be a greeter at Wal-mart..nope s/he can't do that either, s/he has no personality whatsoever..

02 Nov 2010 10:32 #43 by Residenttroll returns
.....and even at that level of spending, we are near the last in the nation in education.

02 Nov 2010 10:39 #44 by Residenttroll returns

outdoor338 wrote: LJ is the crew manager at McDonalds, and on 2nd shift, works with a bunch of teenagers..s/he can't handle them..maybe s/he should be a greeter at Wal-mart..nope s/he can't do that either, s/he has no personality whatsoever..

I didn't know there is a McDonalds at the fed center.

02 Nov 2010 10:46 #45 by Nobody that matters

BearMtnHIB wrote: The state government is the only entity that can address the funding problems with the schools.

It is the proper thing to do - shift the money away from property taxes to the state and let them hash it out. At that point they either find a way to fund it - or the state has to make cuts.

Some quick facts about Jeffco schools.

The district's total appropriated budget for fiscal year 2010 is $999,062,000.
Source - http://www.jeffcopublicschools.org/finance/

Jeffco schools has 84,000 students.
Source - http://www.jeffcopublicschools.org/

That's $11,935.59 to educate each and every student - per year.

Do you see anything wrong here? Most state colleges do not charge that kind of money!

Taxes for Jeffco schools are the largest portion of our property taxes - they amount to just about 50% of all the property taxes we pay.

If we are to make our local government accountable - the schools out of control budget needs to be on the table. If you vote no on 60 - you just blew the only chance we've had in 18 years to do somthing about it.

You just gave me a new way to look at it. Voting yes on 60 puts the financial controls in the state capital building - not what I'd consider the best financial planners by a long shot.

Thanks, I'm glad I voted to keep the control at the lowest level of government possible. It's where real people can have influence rather than the power brokers in the senate or house.

I voted no on 60 because at the district level I have some say in the budget. At the state level I have to rely on some slimebag that everyone elected to do the right thing (like that's ever gonna happen).

I think my chances of promoting real changes are better at the district level.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

02 Nov 2010 12:33 #46 by BearMtnHIB
Can you name one instance of the Jeffco school district board lowering their spending?

Ever?

Good luck with that....
They are the masters of higher mill levies.

Keep me informed on your progress.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds