Why do Blacks vote mostly Democrat? The truth about the KKK

05 Nov 2010 11:56 #11 by Nmysys
In your opinion it is a piss poor excuse because you are trying to defend this position of yours. Any African American that has come out to be a Republican has been chastised with vitriolic comments such as Uncle Tom for doing so.

Just as white people do not want to be labeled racist for any actions or comments by the left, so do black people react to the fear of this type of reaction.

When your exposure to things is limited by virtue of the television networks you allow yourself to watch or the news media you might read, so is your knowledge of the other side of the coin. The mainstream media and Hollywood, coupled with the rot of social values, music, video games, etc. all combined to influence these opinions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Nov 2010 12:02 #12 by Wayne Harrison
And again I say, Republicans trying to justify why there are so few blacks in their party because blacks are afraid of being called "Republican" or "Uncle Tom" is laughable.

And I'm not trying to defend a position. The facts of the minority makeup of the various political parties speak for themselves.

05 Nov 2010 12:18 #13 by FredHayek
Actually I do believe that liberal media do tend to attack minorities and women who run as Republicans much more than white guys.

It is like they can't believe that these candidates would support the right. O'Donnell took many more attacks than Rand Paul and they had similar platforms. Ryan Frazier had many more attack ads directed at him than Cory Gardner.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Nov 2010 12:23 #14 by Wayne Harrison
I'm not so sure blacks take any stock in the mostly-white media.

But, the excuses that have been offered on why the Democrats embrace more minorities and the Republicans are mostly white fail to take into account that the blacks originally supported the Republican Party up until the 1930s and then it shifted. So it seems to me like it's more something involving the Republican Party than something having to do with the media.

05 Nov 2010 12:48 #15 by Nmysys
The Left and the media receive the same talking points every day. There is no denying that. The media is not all white or mostly white as you claim. There are Black members of the media on BET and there are a mix of most ethnic groups on all the local affiliates stations of the networks. The Spin has the influence that you are refusing to accept as an argument.

05 Nov 2010 12:56 #16 by Scruffy

Nmysys wrote: The Left and the media receive the same talking points every day. There is no denying that. The media is not all white or mostly white as you claim. There are Black members of the media on BET and there are a mix of most ethnic groups on all the local affiliates stations of the networks. The Spin has the influence that you are refusing to accept as an argument.

I deny that the left and the media receive the same talking points every day.

Can you give an example(s) of the talking points issue you brought up?

05 Nov 2010 12:58 #17 by JMC

Nmysys wrote: The Left and the media receive the same talking points every day. There is no denying that. The media is not all white or mostly white as you claim. There are Black members of the media on BET and there are a mix of most ethnic groups on all the local affiliates stations of the networks. The Spin has the influence that you are refusing to accept as an argument.

I once met Mike Rosen at an event and asked him that it seemed all the right wing radio talkers read from the same talking points. He reluctantly admitted that they got talking points on a regular basis from a few Republican think tanks and from the party "suggesting" topics and replies to criticisms.
It cuts all ways.

05 Nov 2010 13:08 #18 by Scruffy

JMC wrote:

I once met Mike Rosen at an event and asked him that it seemed all the right wing radio talkers read from the same talking points. He reluctantly admitted that they got talking points on a regular basis from a few Republican think tanks and from the party "suggesting" topics and replies to criticisms.
It cuts all ways.

But there's a big difference between talk radio, like Rosen, and those who report the news. Are we talking about the same thing?

05 Nov 2010 13:09 #19 by JMC

Scruffy wrote:

JMC wrote:

It cuts all ways.

But there's a big difference between talk radio, like Rosen, and those who report the news. Are we talking about the same thing?

He was talking about the commentators, not news people.

05 Nov 2010 13:14 #20 by Scruffy

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds