Medical Marijuana

29 May 2010 11:09 #131 by Medicine Man
Replied by Medicine Man on topic Medical Marijuana

PrintSmith wrote: I am not restricted by your fixations VL. Your hormonal induced wanderings are not something I wish to encourage, nor for that matter be subjected to. They are evidence that cruelty exists deep within you - the type of cruelty that results in the torture of the Creator's greatest accomplishments. And while I do appreciate that glimpse into your psyche, I make it a habit not to stare into the abyss of despair in others.

Are you kidding? Do you have any friends or can you be nice to anyone who does not share 100% of your opinion?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 May 2010 12:10 #132 by RenaissanceLady
Replied by RenaissanceLady on topic Medical Marijuana

PrintSmith wrote:

Medicine Man wrote: What' going on? Everyone was getting along so well a few pages ago.

I think for the most part we are getting way off subject. The thread was called Medical Marijuana. Now we are getting into bootleg liquor and smokes, murder for hire. As a patient and caregiver I somewhat take offense to these things being compared to what I do. You don't see everyone persecuting pharmacists and calling them killers after what happened to Michael Jackson and thousands of other poor souls hooked on pharmaceuticals.

What's going on is that the good intent of the citizens of this state has be bastardized by people seeking to indulge their desires and turning a compassionate exemption into a side show of malfeasance and lawlessness. The vast majority of those who now possess, and those who have applied for, their "medicinal" marijuana cards are really nothing more than selfish individuals seeking to take advantage of the compassion of their fellow citizens for those who are terminally ill, suffering side effects of chemotherapy or chronic pain, to obtain and possess a psychotropic drug so that they can get stoned without fear of the legal consequences for doing so. They want to get stoned for recreational purposes alone and have used those who truly suffer to achieve their selfish ends. That is the truth of the current state of affairs regarding "medical" marijuana in this and every other state that has legalized marijuana for medical use.

I'll concede that it has been an effective ploy to speed up the process of full legalization, which was the only intent of those that championed the cause of "medical" marijuana, but the deceptions and outright dishonesty evidenced by the intentional chaos that has ensued since the passage of the statute clearly establishes the selfish purpose that they sought to keep hidden long enough to achieve their desired ends.

This is based on what? Was there a study which came out and stated that most people who have applied for their "medicinal" marijuana cards are "nothing more than selfish individuals seeking to take advantage of the compassion of their fellow citizens"? Could you post a link?

I would love to see how that survey asked such questions to get that response:
Q: "Are you a selfish individual selfish seeking to take advantage of the compassion of their fellow citizens for those who are terminally ill, suffering side effects of chemotherapy or chronic pain, to obtain and possess a psychotropic drug so that they can get stoned without fear of the legal consequences for doing so?"

A: "Why yes sir, I AM a selfish individual. I am only concerned about putting my dealer out of business by obtaining a medical marijuana card so I can get stoned without any legal consequences, assuming I live in an area which bothers to prosecute such things."

I'm somehow guessing your statement is based more on conjecture than any actual survey taken by people who have, for whatever reason, tried pot. I'm also guessing that none of us have been gifted with the ability to make windows into a man's soul.

Some of us, who have no desire to partake in pot, are grateful that there is another option for people who are ill which might ease their suffering, possibly without the sometimes fatal side effects of other drugs. Some of us have also not deluded ourselves into thinking that THIS Prohibition will somehow work when it clearly so didn't work for alcohol. Nor would we wish to make ill people suffer when someone else feels his version of morality is better than the rest of ours.

It's absurd to make ill people suffer when legal drugs with many dangerous, often fatal and more addicting side effects can also be sold on the streets to people without the prescription. Is there a movement to ban Oxycontin or morphine derivatives? No, for THOSE drugs we accept the fact that it can help many people while there will always be those who obtain it illegally.

I also don't believe that there is a survey out there which states that those who wish to keep these drugs legal are "selfish individuals" who wish to use them for our own, nefarious purposes. Some of us know that marijuana's history IN this country is also a history OF this country, with Founding Fathers who appeared to have used this for their own medicinal gain. The quote, "Make the most of the Indian hemp seed, and sow it everywhere" did not come out of thin air.
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Cannabis

It was still legal when Reagan was a boy. It was legal when my great grandmother grew it to make cigarettes for sale, when she was widowed with 3 little girls. The movement at that time was to ban alcohol, not marijuana. The first state prohibitions against marijuana were based in racism and corporate greed, not science:

“Marihuana influences Negroes to look at white people in the eye, step on white men’s shadows and look at a white woman twice.”
“All Mexicans are crazy, and this stuff [marijuana] is what makes them crazy.”

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why ... a-illegal/

Hearst hated Mexicans (really most non-whites). He pushed to have it outlawed when hemp paper was competing with him very large timber interests and using overt racism to make it appear marijuana made people violent. DuPont had recently patented Nylon, with which hemp was competing. Together, they created ads and a most pernicious yellow journalism to make marijuana illegal. The greatest irony is that the loudest critic of act was Dr. William Woodward, legislative council of the AMA. The bill was prepared in secret for two years without ever receiving medical advice. Dr. Woodward's comments were even misquoted in order to help it pass.

THIS is why marijuana is illegal. Not because it's more dangerous than codine or opium /morphine derivatives. Not because it's more addictive than codine or opium / morphine derivatives. This is not to assume that it or any drug, "natural" or otherwise is automatically safe or non-addictive but that it should be regulated as with any other drug.

On a final note: Red Bull has been banned in France, Denmark and Norway (the ban was later lifted in Denmark and Norway) though these countries tend not to overtly punish marijuana possession. In Germany, 11 of 16 states have banned Red Bull Cola as of late 2009 (due to trace amounts of cocaine), though it is sold in many other countries. Studies have shown regarding consumption of the standard Red Bull: “Symptoms range from minimal reactions to severe psychotic states, which may include irrational behavior, disruptions in attention, lack of focus and comprehension, mood changes, lack of organizational skills, abrupt shifting of activities, delusions, hallucinations, and paranoia.”

At the same time, Red Bull is sold on the shelves in this country, often to young and growing people who do not need IDs or special permission to buy it. Why do you suppose that is? It should also be noted that the founders of Red Bull are worth about $4 billion, making them the 260th richest people in the world.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull

"I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex."
-- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy.

"Jesus loves me, this I know.
Touch your savior by the toe.
If he hollers, let him go.
And Bingo was his name-o."
-- Deeper Thoughts by RenaissanceLady

29 May 2010 13:14 #133 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Medical Marijuana
RL, Wish I was that articulate! Total agreement with you

29 May 2010 15:06 #134 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Medical Marijuana
I told ya! She's so good it's almost intimidating. I can hang with anybody, but I wouldn't dare challenge her intellectually..Not on my best day

29 May 2010 15:20 #135 by UNDER MODERATION

Vice Lord wrote: I want these questions answered when I get back

I've received a few PM's while I was away garage sailing, (not mentioning any names) and if I can believe them (it's hard) Rocdock is married to Sunshine Girl, and that is actually her in her avatar. Ok, that clears a few things up for me.

29 May 2010 16:45 #136 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Medical Marijuana

JMC wrote: RL, Wish I was that articulate! Total agreement with you

Me too! :yeahthat: RL = :heart:

And to answer your question earlier PS, I do think that some people take advantage of the system. Big surprise but if there is a "system" somewhere, anywhere, some people will take advantage of it. But I don't think you should get rid of the "system" because of some, and hurt the ones that so desperately need it. As someone said earlier, there really ARE more important things out there. I don't get excited because someone was able to get some pot that they didn't really have a medical need for. Live and let live. Maybe the law of Karma will come back to bite them in the butt in the years to come. Maybe they get cancer (not wishing that on anyone!) and it's not legalized then for medicinal uses. ???? Who knows. I certainly don't care.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

29 May 2010 16:52 #137 by Sunshine Girl
I've been out and about enjoying this beautiful Colorado day and when I got back I had a few emails suggesting that I catch up on this thread. :wink: Interesting. Thank you VL for what I think was a compliment. That was very nice of you. :sunshine: It's hard for me to believe as well that Rockdoc choose me to love. He's beyond a wonderful man and I'm a very lucky girl! :biggrin: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

29 May 2010 20:14 #138 by UNDER MODERATION
You're welcome....And I judge other guys by the quality of their wives so perhaps......... I misjudged the guy

29 May 2010 20:20 #139 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Medical Marijuana

Sunshine Girl wrote: I've been out and about enjoying this beautiful Colorado day and when I got back I had a few emails suggesting that I catch up on this thread. :wink: Interesting. Thank you VL for what I think was a compliment. That was very nice of you. :sunshine: It's hard for me to believe as well that Rockdoc choose me to love. He's beyond a wonderful man and I'm a very lucky girl! :biggrin: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I'm proud to be your man. You are not only gorgeous, but everything a woman can be. I could not be happier :biggrin: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

29 May 2010 20:22 #140 by Sunshine Girl

Vice Lord wrote: You're welcome....And I judge other guys by the quality of their wives so perhaps......... I misjudged the guy

lol Good for you. :wink: Yeah, he's for sure one of the good guys. I have yet to meet someone who doesn't like him or hold him in high esteem. When he "reached out" to you earlier he was being very sincere. Sometimes things have a way of being perceived incorrectly. I'm guilty of that myself too often. :Whistle :biggrin:

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds