Medical Marijuana

27 May 2010 16:33 #111 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic Medical Marijuana
And $36 USD should still buy you an ounce of gold........

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 May 2010 16:47 #112 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Medical Marijuana

PrintSmith wrote: And $36 USD should still buy you an ounce of gold........

If you make a product illegal it is the exact same process as over regulating. Balance, pot is a product that, IMO, doesn't need insane regulation. Taxes , laws are all forms of regulation. We need to pick and choose wisely. Med Mar. is a stupid choice to regulate.

27 May 2010 17:38 - 27 May 2010 17:41 #113 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Medical Marijuana

PrintSmith wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Yeah because we've all bought black market cigerettes and bootleg alcahol? It's a big problem

:chillpill:

It cost NY nearly a billion dollars in lost tax revenue - which is a problem for NY and their budget deficit, don't you think?

Yeah I mentioned that to my wife first thing this morning..Then I read how doughnuts cost America over a 4 billion dollars in lost productivity every year..All those 5 minute trips to the break room add up....Then I heard about how people internet surfing at work costs America a few trillion dollars in lost productivity..PrintSmith

Are you at work now?

27 May 2010 17:40 #114 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Medical Marijuana

JMC wrote: Always seemed logical to me that instead of spending a trillion dollars on the failed war on drugs, We could have spent a fraction of that to develop a safe recreational drug for people who choose to get high.

:goodpost:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

27 May 2010 22:15 #115 by MyMountainTown
Replied by MyMountainTown on topic Medical Marijuana
One post from this thread was moved to the business section of 285 Bound Classifieds.

Thanks so much,

285 Bound Staff

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

28 May 2010 01:04 #116 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Medical Marijuana

JMC wrote:

PrintSmith wrote: And $36 USD should still buy you an ounce of gold........

If you make a product illegal it is the exact same process as over regulating. Balance, pot is a product that, IMO, doesn't need insane regulation. Taxes , laws are all forms of regulation. We need to pick and choose wisely. Med Mar. is a stupid choice to regulate.

They are all you say they are. More important, they are regulations we impose (the ones who keep telling you what is best for you and fail to consider we too have brains and can use them). Laws and regulations can be changed. This is were all the politicians come in to do their work and we will have to abide (or bide our time) by the majority who support them.

28 May 2010 12:18 #117 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic Medical Marijuana

Vice Lord wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Yeah because we've all bought black market cigerettes and bootleg alcahol? It's a big problem

It cost NY nearly a billion dollars in lost tax revenue - which is a problem for NY and their budget deficit, don't you think?

Yeah I mentioned that to my wife first thing this morning..Then I read how doughnuts cost America over a 4 billion dollars in lost productivity every year..All those 5 minute trips to the break room add up....Then I heard about how people internet surfing at work costs America a few trillion dollars in lost productivity..PrintSmith

Are you at work now?

Funny how the losing end of the argument always abandons reasoned and rational debate and resorts to tangents that attack an individual rather than continuing to address the topic at hand........

Thanks for conceding the argument VL. I always enjoy debating those who choose emotion over logic.

28 May 2010 12:41 #118 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Medical Marijuana

PrintSmith wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

Are you at work now?

Funny how the losing end of the argument always abandons reasoned and rational debate and resorts to tangents that attack an individual rather than continuing to address the topic at hand........

Thanks for conceding the argument VL. I always enjoy debating those who choose emotion over logic.

Hold on..I'm on the phone, and I got like 10 things going on right now.. I'll get back to you asap...BTW- You're wrong about everything

28 May 2010 18:39 - 28 May 2010 18:56 #119 by Medicine Man
Replied by Medicine Man on topic Medical Marijuana
What' going on? Everyone was getting along so well a few pages ago.

I think for the most part we are getting way off subject. The thread was called Medical Marijuana. Now we are getting into bootleg liquor and smokes, murder for hire. As a patient and caregiver I somewhat take offense to these things being compared to what I do. You don't see everyone persecuting pharmacists and calling them killers after what happened to Michael Jackson and thousands of other poor souls hooked on pharmaceuticals.

28 May 2010 18:47 #120 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Medical Marijuana

Medicine Man wrote: What' going on? Everyone was getting along so well a few pages ago.

I think for the most part we are getting way off subject. The thread was called Medical Marijuana. Now we are getting into bootleg liquor and smokes, murder for hire. As a patient and caregiver I somewhat take offense to these things being compared to what I do. You don't see everyone persecuting pharmacists and calling them killers after what happened to Michal Jackson and thousand of other poor souls hooked on pharmaceuticals.

I agree MM. BTW I just LOVE watching the ads for perscription meds on TV and listing the disclaimer of all the possible side effects that takes longer than explaining what the medicine was for. I might have better this and that, but I might die from taking it. WONDERFUL! Geez, just saying. You're doing good work for the people who would be in unspeakable pain without it! :sunshine:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds