Medical Marijuana

26 May 2010 09:07 #71 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Medical Marijuana
tee time?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 May 2010 10:21 #72 by Residenttroll returns
Who's going to pay for the lung cancer and the other medical effects from pot smoking? There is no "big tobacco companies" for the government to mount.

26 May 2010 14:37 #73 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Medical Marijuana

residenttroll wrote: Who's going to pay for the lung cancer and the other medical effects from pot smoking? There is no "big tobacco companies" for the government to mount.

Who pays for it now? People who want to smoke MJ already do.

If MJ was legalized countrywide, do you think big corporations would get into the market? Or would they pass because they don't want to be treated like big tobacco?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 May 2010 15:18 #74 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Medical Marijuana

SS109 wrote:

residenttroll wrote: Who's going to pay for the lung cancer and the other medical effects from pot smoking? There is no "big tobacco companies" for the government to mount.

Who pays for it now? People who want to smoke MJ already do.

If MJ was legalized countrywide, do you think big corporations would get into the market? Or would they pass because they don't want to be treated like big tobacco?

Ha ha ha ha ha...Thats like saying if you put food in a hog trough, do you think the hogs will try to eat it?

26 May 2010 15:21 #75 by Residenttroll returns
Big tobacco is ready to go. Farmers in the southern states are ready to go. Obamacare is ready to cover. The Baby Boomers are now in charge and they need their MMJ to make all the pain to go away and live free.

26 May 2010 15:26 #76 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Medical Marijuana
RT , not relevant but would you explain your avatar. I can't figure out what it means
thanks

26 May 2010 15:33 #77 by Residenttroll returns

JMC wrote: RT , not relevant but would you explain your avatar. I can't figure out what it means
thanks

I was a little trigger shy to answer. I was afraid the PMS team would slap my reply, then I realize I was at 285Bound.

Here's the answer:
Sure, the bleeding of red from the Obama administration. The first red line is O trillion, the second red line is a trillion dollars, the third line is two trillion, the fourth line is three trillion.

26 May 2010 16:03 #78 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Medical Marijuana
I disagree with the analysis but I think it makes sense now and like it! Bush admin bled red also and had little to show for it. Jury is still out on Obama admin ( we may get a return) we'll see.

Freedom works!

26 May 2010 17:09 #79 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic Medical Marijuana

Vice Lord wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Oh Brother...Get off your high horse PrintSmith..The man is only satisfieing a demand. Supply and demand, AKA Capitalism..

The same could be said for someone hired to kill - they are only satisfying a demand after all, right? Some demands don't have a right to be filled Vice Lord.

Were talking about pot, not first degree murder here. Chill out

We're talking about violating the law in a nation built on the premise that laws, not men, are supreme. Giving someone a card that allows them to purchase marijuana for purposes other than medical need would be a violation of the medical marijuana laws just as hiring an assassin is a violation of the law. Since marijuana is still a Schedule 1 controlled substance according to federal law, which according to the Constitution is the supreme law of the land, we are talking about a felony violation of federal law in both instances.

26 May 2010 17:26 #80 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Medical Marijuana

PrintSmith wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Oh Brother...Get off your high horse PrintSmith..The man is only satisfieing a demand. Supply and demand, AKA Capitalism..

The same could be said for someone hired to kill - they are only satisfying a demand after all, right? Some demands don't have a right to be filled Vice Lord.

Were talking about pot, not first degree murder here. Chill out

We're talking about violating the law in a nation built on the premise that laws, not men, are supreme. Giving someone a card that allows them to purchase marijuana for purposes other than medical need would be a violation of the medical marijuana laws just as hiring an assassin is a violation of the law. Since marijuana is still a Schedule 1 controlled substance according to federal law, which according to the Constitution is the supreme law of the land, we are talking about a felony violation of federal law in both instances.

Who here said anyone is doing that?

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds