Medical Marijuana

14 May 2010 20:56 #1 by CC
Medical Marijuana was created by CC
OK. Now that we have several grow shops and dispensaries on the hill.....how do you feel about the movement towards the normalizing of the use of marijuana? (for medical purposes)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 May 2010 22:46 #2 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Medical Marijuana
I've had a rough week. Hook me up! :excited:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

15 May 2010 06:23 #3 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Medical Marijuana
Right, Sunshine. I take it you need estrogen therapy?

We (retorical) have such hide-bound attitudes about many things. Who decided that marijuana was bad? Some puritan saint who never does anything wrong or right? At some point it becomes a political football, much like Arizona's firm stand on what is right and politicians get blown to one side of the teeter toter to begin regulation. There clearly are benefits for some, so why not let them enjoy those benefits? Because of money and who gets it. Screw them, let people decide for themselves whether its good for them or not. I think most will be able to make an intelligent decision. If not they bear the consequences.

15 May 2010 09:08 #4 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Medical Marijuana
Amen RockDoc.
People should be able to choose their own destiny....good,bad and indifferent.
I understand some of the issues with financial responsibility and such but there has to be a better way to approach these issues. As someone else said in a different thread....we have to think outside the box!!!!

15 May 2010 12:36 #5 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Medical Marijuana
Dispense it ,tax it, and let people choose their drug of choice. California is trying to take the next step and pretty much legalize. I'm all in favor. I hope Park and Jefferson counties don't try and restrict dispensaries.

15 May 2010 13:08 #6 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Medical Marijuana
I agree. I think it could be a good revenue source, especially for Park County.

16 May 2010 17:44 #7 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Medical Marijuana

JMC wrote: Dispense it ,tax it, and let people choose their drug of choice. California is trying to take the next step and pretty much legalize. I'm all in favor. I hope Park and Jefferson counties don't try and restrict dispensaries.

:yeahthat:

And then set legal limits if driving; just like with alcohol. Really, wouldn't you rather be with someone who's high than someone who's drunk? I know I would. And I'd rather be on the road with them too.

16 May 2010 17:47 #8 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Medical Marijuana

LopingAlong wrote:

JMC wrote: Dispense it ,tax it, and let people choose their drug of choice. California is trying to take the next step and pretty much legalize. I'm all in favor. I hope Park and Jefferson counties don't try and restrict dispensaries.

And then set legal limits if driving; just like with alcohol. Really, wouldn't you rather be with someone who's high than someone who's drunk? I know I would. And I'd rather be on the road with them too.

Exactly,I don't want drivers under any influence. Bad enough with the straight ones

16 May 2010 18:29 #9 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Medical Marijuana

JMC wrote:

LopingAlong wrote:

Exactly,I don't want drivers under any influence. Bad enough with the straight ones

I think you misread what they wrote. They said they would 'rather' be on the road with someone who is high. I agree with you JMC, I would rather not be on the road with either.

16 May 2010 18:41 #10 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Medical Marijuana

LopingAlong wrote:

Kind of disagree with you on this one. I have many friends who are a blast when they are drunk. I wouldn't let them drive though. On the flip side, I hired a young guy to sand and stain my deck two weeks ago. I could totally tell he was higher than a kite each day but he was cheap and promised to be a perfectionist. It took him 7 days so far to do a job that has taken others 3 in the past. He was so slow and kept taking breaks and forgetting things and making excuses to have to go for more supplies. He still isn't finished. Good thing he quoted by the job and not the hour. He was sooooo slow and there is a lot he needs to come back and touch up and finish. I almost lost it and told him to not come back till he wasn't high.

Most wouldn't show up to a job drunk but many think a little marijuana helps them relax and perfome better. Not true. It is a false sense of security. Not many believe they do anything better drunk, other than talking to people. I am not sure why many think being stoned makes you so much better at things. I don't judge the act. It is totally a personal preference. but when you say you would rather be with someone who is high than drunk, I disagree. Now toally wasted falling down drunk is different. I am talking about a little buzz from both, I would choose to be around someone on alcohol anyday.

If someone were going to do a job or drive or meet people for the first time, my opinion is that you shouldn't do either one before hand.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds