Medical Marijuana

17 May 2010 05:25 #11 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Medical Marijuana
Once again I find myself with the Viking on this part of the issue. Medical marijauna is one thing, recreational marihuji is another. I am all in favor of making it available for medical reasons. Its medicinal benefits should not be legislated against. Recreational use of it. I really don't care who does what with it as long as it does not impact me. Personally, I do not need it to get high naturally. I can do that by climbing a mountain or living where I do.

I sure as hell would not want to share the road with anyone even buzzed on alcohol or some other form of drug. Both debilitate. Both ruin lives through addiction as well as contributing to accidental deaths. We know those headlines that evoke deep empathy. This is the crux of the dilemma really, moral issues aside. Insufficient responsible action exists among many users and that is when someone steps in to legislate against it and tells you what you need to do. This is where I rail against all who assume matters necessary for my life. If we had better ways of dealing with impaired irresponsibility, legislation would be mute. Road issues could be handled with "sniffers" on cars that lock out impaired drivers. That keeps those people off the roads and away form jobs unless the manage to walk there. It's a fundamental problem and I can see users railing against someone like me suggesting the use of sniffers to keep them from harm. The harm is not limited to risk to themselves but others around them is my justifying argument. Go ahead and drink or smoke or inject what you want in the privacy of your domain. I care only when it impacts others.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 May 2010 13:23 #12 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Medical Marijuana
I am leaning in Viking and RockDoc's direction on this also.
Even though....if my neighbor wants to sit on his back porch and smoke a doobie after work or on a Sunday afternoon and he is not operating the riding lawnmower..... I ain't gonna rush in and turn him in.

17 May 2010 14:36 #13 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Medical Marijuana
I was not advocating that anyone drive under any influence, legal prescription meds are a huge problem behind the wheel, I just think that alcohol makes most people more reckless than pot. Rage guy is the worst and they are usually technically sober

24 May 2010 11:59 #14 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Medical Marijuana
Everyone on my street is a caregiver and they are fighting over me to sign on as a patient..I'm playing one against the other in order to get a large signing bonus.

24 May 2010 12:12 #15 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Medical Marijuana

Vice Lord wrote: Everyone on my street is a caregiver and they are fighting over me to sign on as a patient..I'm playing one against the other in order to get a large signing bonus.

Alot of people sure have gotten sick since the Med marijuana law came into effect. :Southpark:

24 May 2010 12:30 #16 by UNDER MODERATION

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Everyone on my street is a caregiver and they are fighting over me to sign on as a patient..I'm playing one against the other in order to get a large signing bonus.

Alot of people sure have gotten sick since the Med marijuana law came into effect. :Southpark:

I have a little trouble sleeping sometimes..

24 May 2010 12:33 #17 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Medical Marijuana
Medical marijuana is just the camel putting his nose in the tent. They really want legalization for everyone.
And I am for it, but I think these out of control dispensaries handing out free samples with dancing leaves outside the door is hurting my cause.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 May 2010 13:00 #18 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Medical Marijuana
They are handing out free samples? Where?

24 May 2010 13:41 #19 by UNDER MODERATION

SS109 wrote: Medical marijuana is just the camel putting his nose in the tent. They really want legalization for everyone.
And I am for it, but I think these out of control dispensaries handing out free samples with dancing leaves outside the door is hurting my cause.

Oh please- ever watch a sporting event? It's all beer commercials.

24 May 2010 13:59 #20 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Medical Marijuana
Good point about the beer companies. It must be expectations. I thought when medical marijuana passed, those in need would go to pharmacies and get their hermetically sealed doses. I didn't know they would be able to pick from different varieties and take home every thing from brownies to rice krispie treats.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds