How GM IPO Proves the Tea Party Wrong

17 Nov 2010 14:29 #11 by JusSayin

LadyJazzer wrote: Still nothing to add about the facts... Just the usual slams on the source, the OP, and the Libs, ad nauseum...

30 years in the auto industry, the last 10 consulting for nearly every brand sold in America gives me some insight. Much more than the idiots appointed by Obama.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Nov 2010 14:30 #12 by Scruffy

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Liberals like their government to take care of them, they like to be told what, when and where to do everything.
They cannot think on their own as proven by ACORN, and they tend to rejoice at the thought of anyone failing in their attemps to be successful, and or make a better life for themselves.
As in their beliefs ALL AMericans should drink from the same cooler, and get their weekly rations from the Man.
They tend to live Way in the past as they have no Future sight and cannot dream beyond Fridays.
And true most drive Subarus, and think buying globaly is PC, and we should all hug every other country, and welcome them into ours and take care of them.
I could go on but they can only handle one or 2 paragraphs at most.

Go ahead. I love a good made up fairy tale.

17 Nov 2010 14:32 #13 by Scruffy

outdoor338 wrote: tea party sent libs packing, ain't life grand! :VeryScared: :angry: :party :Mad :Loco: :nono: :soldiers: :fwave:

You have no response other than this? It's getting old, Skippy.

LJ posted that GM appears to be doing better, and it seems that it was because of the bailout. Comments?

17 Nov 2010 14:33 #14 by Martin Ent Inc
GM is doing better becuase they saw into the future many years ago. Why else would their products offer the best milage for an American made car, the best warranty etc.

17 Nov 2010 14:36 #15 by LadyJazzer
If not for the bailout, their company would not exist today... Period....

Go ahead, and spin your fairy tale...

17 Nov 2010 14:39 #16 by ckm8
We've saved a huge sector of America's rapidly dwindling manufacturing base, hundreds of thousands of jobs and are getting the loan back with interest. I guess none of that is anything the right is interested in preserving.

17 Nov 2010 14:55 #17 by JMC

ckm8 wrote: We've saved a huge sector of America's rapidly dwindling manufacturing base, hundreds of thousands of jobs and are getting the loan back with interest. I guess none of that is anything the right is interested in preserving.

I hated the stimulus but the right seems to have difficulty acknowledging that some of the actions worked. Partisanship and ideology over practical thinking. Short sighted selfishness.

17 Nov 2010 15:14 #18 by RenegadeCJ

LadyJazzer wrote: If not for the bailout, their company would not exist today... Period....

Go ahead, and spin your fairy tale...

So, if GM wasn't being IPO'd to the rich friends of the president (notice how no "everyday joes" get to participate in the IPO...a little payback for supporting the pres??) what would have happened. Same thing that happens to every company that can't compete on it's own merits. It would have gone thru bankruptcy, and came out a lean machine. Throw off the burdensome union contracts, and you would have a company that could survive on the long term. Now you have a company that has "green", yet non competitive products coming down the pipeline, and still a non-competitive company. They will survive....but won't be the company they could have been.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

17 Nov 2010 15:19 #19 by JusSayin

LadyJazzer wrote: If not for the bailout, their company would not exist today... Period....

And you base this statement on what direct personal knowledge, experience and expertise?

17 Nov 2010 15:36 #20 by JMC

JusSayin wrote:

And you base this statement on what direct personal knowledge, experience and expertise?

Common sense?

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds