How GM IPO Proves the Tea Party Wrong

17 Nov 2010 19:28 #31 by Martin Ent Inc
LOL, got a freind in Mich. that works for GM. We emailed back and forth today and he can't wait to vote OB out, and his family has been dems for years. Says that thanks to the bailout they will have a job, but not the way it was.
Told him welcome to the real world.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Nov 2010 19:30 #32 by JusSayin

LadyJazzer wrote: It appears that the Righties are even ticked-off because the money is probably going to be paid back to the Government...with interest! Boy, you just can't make some people happy...

Try arguing facts rather than leftist smokescreen bullcrap. Best case senario with the IPO is that the government's ownership of GM could be reduced from 61% to 33%; Canada's stake could fall from 12 percent to just more than 9 percent; and the UAW could see its stake drop from almost 20 percent to 13 percent. That means over 50% of the company will still be in the hands of governments and unions. And Obama's Wall Street buddies take in another incredible haul along the way.

Maybe you should only post when you have direct knowledge or experience about a subject.

17 Nov 2010 19:40 #33 by Scruffy

JusSayin wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: It appears that the Righties are even ticked-off because the money is probably going to be paid back to the Government...with interest! Boy, you just can't make some people happy...

Try arguing facts rather than leftist smokescreen bullcrap. Best case senario with the IPO is that the government's ownership of GM could be reduced from 61% to 33%; Canada's stake could fall from 12 percent to just more than 9 percent; and the UAW could see its stake drop from almost 20 percent to 13 percent. That means over 50% of the company will still be in the hands of governments and unions. And Obama's Wall Street buddies take in another incredible haul along the way.

Maybe you should only post when you have direct knowledge or experience about a subject.

Classy.

17 Nov 2010 19:52 - 17 Nov 2010 19:56 #34 by JusSayin

jussayin wrote: I’d apologize, but I find LJ to be the most venomous, polarizing, vile, sarcastic and perpetually negative leftist poster here. And that’s on a good day.

LadyJazzer wrote: I'm sure Sarah Palin believes she could shoot artichokes out of her anal-sphincter while whistling "The Battle Hymn of the Republic"

Need I say more?

17 Nov 2010 19:54 #35 by Scruffy
You're making baby Jesus cry.

17 Nov 2010 19:56 #36 by archer
If she were on the right....you would be applauding her, just as you applaud teddy who makes LJ look like a nun. Double standard there much?

17 Nov 2010 20:00 #37 by JMC
This is the Courthouse not the Ring, Do we need to move this?

17 Nov 2010 20:02 #38 by JusSayin

JMC wrote: This is the Courthouse not the Ring, Do we need to move this?

:bash Yeah...order in the court, dag-nabbit!

18 Nov 2010 10:09 #39 by conifermtman
The GM IPO is a joke. They have so many audit issues that investment banks are advising clients not to buy.

http://www.thestreet.com/video/10925743 ... 9340824001

Only the government could get away with this. The rest of us would be in jail if we kept the books like GM does.

18 Nov 2010 10:27 #40 by Residenttroll returns
:yeahthat:

Can you say, "cooked books?" I wouldn't touch GM stock with LJ's broomstick. I would buy Ford instead.

The government still owns a big chunk of GM and if the GM stock doesn't increase ...the US taxpayer will end of getting screwed out of billions.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds