Chase Orders Texas Bank To Remove Christmas Tree

05 Dec 2010 08:33 #1 by JSG
Chase Bank told a Texas businessman to remove the Christmas tree he donated to a local branch because it could offend people.

Antonio Morales, owner of Bellagio Day Spa in Southlake northeast of Fort Worth had assembled and decorated a 9-foot-tall tree in the lobby of the Chase Bank branch at 1700 E. Southlake Boulevard as a favor to the branch manager, who is one of his clients.

The tree remained in the lobby from the Monday before Thanksgiving until Tuesday. Morales said his friend called him Wednesday to tell him the tree had to go. She later showed him an e-mail from JPMorgan Chase saying that the tree had to be removed because some people were offended by it.

The bank referred questions to corporate offices.

Greg Hassell, a JPMorgan Chase spokesman, said that the company's policy isn't anti-Christmas. "People wish their customers merry Christmas when it's appropriate," he said.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/12/02 ... z17FfsIW9b

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Dec 2010 08:41 #2 by Batifa Zaxo
Replied by Batifa Zaxo on topic Chase Orders Texas Bank To Remove Christmas Tree
I agree with kneb, good article, no christmas should be anywhere in america, it offend her and me a muslim, many of my friends who are muslim say christmas decorations in banks, stores offends them so take them down, celebrat in your homes.

05 Dec 2010 09:30 #3 by Surveyor
I disagree. One of the things that define this country is the right to freedom of expression. If it offends you, deal with it.

05 Dec 2010 16:26 #4 by navycpo7

Batifa Zaxo wrote: I agree with kneb, good article, no christmas should be anywhere in america, it offend her and me a muslim, many of my friends who are muslim say christmas decorations in banks, stores offends them so take them down, celebrat in your homes.

Don't give a damn if it offends you. You don't like it, carry your sorry ass out of this country. These is the UNITED STATES of AMERICA, we have been doing these things for a couple hundred years. I am sick and tired of people in this country worrying about who it might offend. You don't like the American way, pack your stuff up and get the hell out of America and go back to your own. (That just happens to be another great freedom we have here, you can leave any time)

05 Dec 2010 17:29 #5 by Scruffy

navycpo7 wrote:

Batifa Zaxo wrote: I agree with kneb, good article, no christmas should be anywhere in america, it offend her and me a muslim, many of my friends who are muslim say christmas decorations in banks, stores offends them so take them down, celebrat in your homes.

Don't give a damn if it offends you. You don't like it, carry your sorry ass out of this country. These is the UNITED STATES of AMERICA, we have been doing these things for a couple hundred years. I am sick and tired of people in this country worrying about who it might offend. You don't like the American way, pack your stuff up and get the hell out of America and go back to your own. (That just happens to be another great freedom we have here, you can leave any time)

Do you feel the same way about people that want to burn the flag?

05 Dec 2010 23:06 #6 by Local_Historian
Proof that political correctness has become an evil monster.

05 Dec 2010 23:12 #7 by The Viking

Surveyor wrote: I disagree. One of the things that define this country is the right to freedom of expression. If it offends you, deal with it.

I agree with you but don't feed into Batifa Zaxo's posts. He is just a troll who likes to try and stir things up who goes by several names on here and doesn't beleive most of the stuff he posts.

06 Dec 2010 03:34 #8 by Nobody that matters

Scruffy wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:

It's their right to burn the flag in protest, and it's my right to use a fire extuingisher for public safety.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

06 Dec 2010 07:09 #9 by navycpo7

Scruffy wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:

Considering burning the flag is against the law, though not enforced, yes I do. It is a simple thing, if our way of life in the United States offends someone, they have the right to pack up and leave. I am tired of various groups and people trying to force thier agendas on other people, or make changes to the laws to fit thier needs(doesn't matter to them what effects on others it will have so long as thier needs are met) and I am really tired of our freedoms being removed it seems like daily. All we hear is more government control.

Just for info, I have actually gotten into a fight to pull a flag that a group here in the US was going to burn. The Flag represents this country and there are alot of men and women who have died for this country. And I am not the only one that feels this way.

06 Dec 2010 07:38 #10 by justin
Right on Navy!
If I did my banking at Chase, I would go in & close my account. I'd also include a letter stating that I was "offended" at their
lack of spine to buckle at a few balking.
How absurd.

Our nation was founded by people who wanted religious freedom, (among other freedoms)
and now we extend more rights to people who go against that?
That's pretty sorry.

What's next? Removing Santa Clause?

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds