The Republicans and America won huge today!!

10 Dec 2010 12:01 #181 by PrintSmith

archer wrote: PS...may I assume you disagree with making amendments to the constitution? Do you want us to go back to the original document and repeal all amendments?

The Supreme Court decides what is constitutional and what is not......not you.

You know what happens when you assume, don't you archer? ;)

I completely agree with the ability to amend the Constitution and, in fact, the manner in which it may be done is actually specified with the document. Can you tell me under which current amendment the Congress was granted the authority to address the individual welfare of the people living in the several sovereign states? I haven't yet found where that was done to grant them that power.

FWIW, I do think a couple of the current amendments should be repealed (12 & 17) and that there are one or two more that need to be added to limit service in the national Congress to a set number of years over a defined period of time and perhaps set a credit limit on the national credit card that Congress seems unable, or unwilling, to set for themselves.

And we both know that the Supreme Court is at least as much an instrument of instituting political philosophy as it is an instrument of interpreting law, don't we? Isn't that why FDR threatened to pack the court if they kept overturning his unconstitutional inventions that he called the New Deal? New as in never before existing and never before empowered, even according to his own words just a few short years before he issued the threat?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Dec 2010 12:04 #182 by PrintSmith

LadyJazzer wrote: I said EXACTLY what I intended to say...which was that George W. Bush took us from a surplus to a $10.6-TRILLION deficit the day Obama took office, and did it with TWO unpaid-for wars, 10 years worth of unpaid for tax-cuts, and a $700-BILLION unpaid for prescription drug benefit.

So you are attempting to have us believe that there was not a national debt at all prior to the last administration and that all $10.6 Trillion came in the 8 years that George W. Bush was our president? I've seen quite a few attempts to rewrite history in my day LJ, but that one takes the cake.

10 Dec 2010 12:17 #183 by Residenttroll returns

PrintSmith wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: I said EXACTLY what I intended to say...which was that George W. Bush took us from a surplus to a $10.6-TRILLION deficit the day Obama took office, and did it with TWO unpaid-for wars, 10 years worth of unpaid for tax-cuts, and a $700-BILLION unpaid for prescription drug benefit.

So you are attempting to have us believe that there was not a national debt at all prior to the last administration and that all $10.6 Trillion came in the 8 years that George W. Bush was our president? I've seen quite a few attempts to rewrite history in my day LJ, but that one takes the cake.

Printsmith, you are having dialogue with two women who are foaming at the mouth. Please, no more facts how the government has been indebted more in two years under Obama than eight years under Bush.

10 Dec 2010 12:20 #184 by Martin Ent Inc
So RT you are saying, it proves a Scientific theory that older people (above) cannot think rationally?

10 Dec 2010 12:30 #185 by Residenttroll returns

Martin Ent Inc wrote: So RT you are saying, it proves a Scientific theory that older people (above) cannot think rationally?

Maybe, the spoiled baby boomer libtards that are 50 years old to 70 years old have become irrelevant to the nation's political landscape. They are used to having everything their way - and all of sudden everyone is ignoring their ideas and thoughts. When I sit down and talk to people in their 80's - they are annoyed by the spoil baby boomers who believe the government must control everything. Archer and Looney Jerk are typical specimens of this generation.

The libtard segment of this generation has depended on the younger generations to pay for their retirement, health care, and their livelihood,.

10 Dec 2010 12:32 #186 by PrintSmith

Residenttroll wrote: Printsmith, you are having dialogue with two women who are foaming at the mouth. Please, no more facts how the government has been indebted more in two years under Obama than eight years under Bush.

"It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions." --Thomas Jefferson to Richard M. Johnson, 1808.

I will always testify to the integrity of character that my friend Lady Jazzer possess RT. She is a noble and honest soul who happens to be somewhat misguided with regards to her politics. In these she is as passionate in her beliefs as I am in mine, but neither of us allows this to interfere with the respect and admiration with which we view the other. We may always disagree, at at times even be disagreeable towards the other, but don't doubt for a single instant that I have anything but the utmost respect for this lady as a person.

10 Dec 2010 12:38 #187 by Martin Ent Inc
Alcohol makes alot of things seem skewed.

10 Dec 2010 13:22 #188 by Residenttroll returns

PrintSmith wrote:

Residenttroll wrote: Printsmith, you are having dialogue with two women who are foaming at the mouth. Please, no more facts how the government has been indebted more in two years under Obama than eight years under Bush.

"It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions." --Thomas Jefferson to Richard M. Johnson, 1808.

I will always testify to the integrity of character that my friend Lady Jazzer possess RT. She is a noble and honest soul who happens to be somewhat misguided with regards to her politics. In these she is as passionate in her beliefs as I am in mine, but neither of us allows this to interfere with the respect and admiration with which we view the other. We may always disagree, at at times even be disagreeable towards the other, but don't doubt for a single instant that I have anything but the utmost respect for this lady as a person.

PrintSmith, you should know that I have the utmost respect for you and your wordsmithing abilities. However, this post stretches my wildest imaginations on the definition of integrity and respect.

10 Dec 2010 15:40 #189 by PrintSmith
Then you must never have had the honor, as I have had, of meeting this fine lady in person RT. For if you had had that honor, you would know the truth of my words. She may disagree with you and I on all things political, but you could have no finer neighbor, no finer friend, than to be so fortunate as to have her as either or both of these. Her integrity is unquestionable, regardless of how suspect her politics may be.

Contemplate upon the wisdom of the words of Thomas Jefferson which I have shared with you. If you are able to fiind the letter in its entirety from which the quote was taken it would serve you well to read it.

You may choose to transfer to the person the feelings which you attach to their political opinions, but from my perspective it is a very short sighted and unreasonable behavior. I likely couldn't find agreement with LJ on the time of day as our paths cross during the course of our lives, but I would find great comfort in having her standing shoulder to shoulder with me should any form of trouble come to either myself, my family or this nation.

10 Dec 2010 15:45 #190 by LadyJazzer
Thank you for the kind words... I'm deeply touched... And you are right, I would be there for you in a heartbeat should you need it.

:drunk:

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds