The Republicans and America won huge today!!

09 Dec 2010 20:10 #161 by archer
9 years.....and little progress, yeah, that is probably unwinable. We never did accomplish the purpose we went in there for in the first place....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Dec 2010 20:14 #162 by HEARTLESS
Regarding paying out the big bucks to millionaires, are you talking sports figures, actors or ? The old money of Europe makes much of our nuevo riche pale by comparison. And our biggest problem with education was giving it to other nations so cheap.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

09 Dec 2010 20:17 #163 by HEARTLESS
We've freed Iraq, dismantled most of Al Qaeda and the Taliban. Yep, I'm sure our soliders will agree with what you percieve as failure.

09 Dec 2010 20:20 #164 by archer

HEARTLESS wrote: We've freed Iraq, dismantled most of Al Qaeda and the Taliban. Yep, I'm sure our soliders will agree with what you percieve as failure.

Please show me where I called it a failure....nice putting words into my posts. Would you say we have "won" either the Iraq or Afghanistan wars?

09 Dec 2010 20:25 #165 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote: 9 years.....and little progress, yeah, that is probably unwinable. We never did accomplish the purpose we went in there for in the first place....

How does that not mean failure?

09 Dec 2010 20:26 #166 by archer

neptunechimney wrote:

archer wrote: 9 years.....and little progress, yeah, that is probably unwinable. We never did accomplish the purpose we went in there for in the first place....

How does that not mean failure?

not yet

09 Dec 2010 20:29 - 09 Dec 2010 20:31 #167 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote:

HEARTLESS wrote: We've freed Iraq, dismantled most of Al Qaeda and the Taliban. Yep, I'm sure our soliders will agree with what you percieve as failure.

Please show me where I called it a failure....nice putting words into my posts. Would you say we have "won" either the Iraq or Afghanistan wars?

I get it, you did not call it a failure, just that it is failing. Sometimes I think you just like to argue.

[youtube:quxomber]
[/youtube:quxomber]

09 Dec 2010 20:30 #168 by HEARTLESS
Iraq is probably close to 90% complete. Afghanistan is closer to 60% but imagine fighting in the biggest Alaskan mountain ranges with an enemy that has caves, tunnels and years of guerrilla warfare experience. I'm sure the military is sorry for not meeting our instant gratification timeline.

09 Dec 2010 20:32 #169 by jf1acai

Would you say we have "won" either the Iraq or Afghanistan wars?

Has any war ever REALLY been won?

If so, why do we still have wars?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

09 Dec 2010 20:45 #170 by archer

HEARTLESS wrote: Iraq is probably close to 90% complete. Afghanistan is closer to 60% but imagine fighting in the biggest Alaskan mountain ranges with an enemy that has caves, tunnels and years of guerrilla warfare experience. I'm sure the military is sorry for not meeting our instant gratification timeline.

Who is blaming the military? you? certainly not me.......they have done the best they could while being put into a situation that basically sucks. Both wars were hastily planned and poorly executed.....from the top, not on the ground. I blame the previous administration....yes Bush and his desire to make a name for himself as the great war president......little did he know that his lies would be revealed, his planning would be inadequate, and the war would drag on long after his presidency. He sent our troops into war without a plan to win the war or an exit strategy.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds