Its always cold at these things

10 Dec 2010 10:29 #1 by conifermtman
http://theweek.com/article/index/210181 ... ing-summit

Irony alert: The unusually chilly global-warming summit
Cancun is hosting the U.N. conference on man-made climate change — amid record cold temperatures

When will these so called scientists learn? They look like fools every time they have a summit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Dec 2010 10:32 #2 by LadyJazzer
When will these so-called climate-change deniers learn? They look like fools every time they suggest that because it's cold (or coldER, or SNOWier) in the wintertime that it's somehow a refudiation of climate-change?

10 Dec 2010 10:32 #3 by conifermtman

LadyJazzer wrote: When will these so-called climate-change deniers learn? They look like fools every time they suggest that because it's cold (or coldER, or SNOWier) in the wintertime that it's somehow a refudiation of climate-change?

See what I mean.

10 Dec 2010 10:50 #4 by FredHayek
In the 70's the climate scientists were warning us the Ice Age was coming back, it is overdue, maybe global warming is holding back the glaciers?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Dec 2010 10:54 #5 by LadyJazzer
And I love how you never tire of the "game"...

Record highs, and record lows are all PART of "climate change"... It's not just about warming... It's the fact that as the climate warms overall, it messes with patterns all over the whole world.

I love how the game is played:

A) "There is no global-warming"...
This is particularly fun every year at winter time. The usual winter conditions and snow merely prove their point--and in the summer time when glaciers and ice-shelves are melting and breaking off. Of course, when you provide the evidence to show that the glaciers and polar caps are melting, that the eco-system, both oceanic and land-based, is totally messed up, then they move to:

B) "Well, I'll admit that the warming is happening, but it's not man-made or the result of CO2...It's just a normal cycle."

When you show proof of that then, they recycle to A)... (It must be tough to remember which cycle-of-denial they are currently in...But the show must go on.)

See, the earth's axis tilts at 23-1/2 degrees, so every year when the northern hemisphere is pointing AWAY from the sun we have what is known as "winter"--(which, in spite of climate-change, still occurs)... and, when the northern hemisphere is pointing TOWARD the sun we have what is known as "summer"...(Which has been the hottest summers and the warmest overall temperatures for the last decade of any 10-year period in recorded history...) :bash

Have a nice day... I'm not in the mood to play the game today... :popcorn:

10 Dec 2010 11:05 #6 by Martin Ent Inc
Scientist get paid for their THEORIES.

10 Dec 2010 11:06 #7 by archer

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Scientist get paid for their THEORIES.

So? don't you get paid for the work you do?

10 Dec 2010 11:22 #8 by Martin Ent Inc
Just wish I was getting paid to fantasize about crap and scam the masses.

10 Dec 2010 11:35 - 10 Dec 2010 11:36 #9 by LadyJazzer
Isn't it comforting to know that the organizations that ARE paid by the energy companies to keep the ignorant people thinking that it's not true ARE getting paid, and handsomely, to do so. (Kind of like the Tobacco Institute getting paid by the tobacco companies to convince ignorant people that tobacco was safe.)

10 Dec 2010 11:36 #10 by archer

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Just wish I was getting paid to fantasize about crap and scam the masses.

:rofl

No wonder our country scores so poorly in the math and sciences if parents feel about them like you do.....without science we would be back in the dark ages, or perhaps that is what you want. There goes that computer you use.....

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds