Its always cold at these things

10 Dec 2010 13:01 #31 by archer
My granddaughter, who is homeschooled, is learning mandarin chinese. She is 7, and soaking it up like a little sponge along with her other courses. Our schools definitly need to place more emphasis on foreign languages.......most countries prize the ability to speak many languages, but not the US.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Dec 2010 13:07 #32 by Martin Ent Inc

archer wrote: My granddaughter, who is homeschooled, is learning mandarin chinese. She is 7, and soaking it up like a little sponge along with her other courses. Our schools definitly need to place more emphasis on foreign languages.......most countries prize the ability to speak many languages, but not the US.

That's great.

We only see the small picture.

10 Dec 2010 13:13 #33 by Residenttroll returns

archer wrote:

Residenttroll wrote: Hey Archer, did you know that all the other countries that beat us in math and science spend less per pupil than the U.S.? Game is up for libtards....we are going to stop throwing money at YOUR FANTASIES of climate change and improved education.

Why yes, I know that.....and that is a large part of the problem. Neither party is willing to do anything but throw money at the problem.....We need a complete restructuring of our educational system....more emphasis the sciences and math, more emphasis on real life education....sheesh they don't even teach kids to balance a checkbook in math. We need more support for home schools and charter and magnet schools......but I don't see either party confronting the problem head on. Don't tell me the Republicans have the answer....they have punted this ball as many times as the Democrats.....the last "no child left behind bill" was a joke.

Finally, you and I have common ground. :biggrin:

The problem is that more people with your political thought are in control of the education system...than mine.

10 Dec 2010 13:21 #34 by archer
"my" political thought is not one thing or the other....it's mine and encompasses many so called conservative and liberal ideas, I prefer to think of them as common sense ideas......and that is something lacking in both parties.

10 Dec 2010 13:26 #35 by Residenttroll returns

archer wrote: "my" political thought is not one thing or the other....it's mine and encompasses many so called conservative and liberal ideas, I prefer to think of them as common sense ideas......and that is something lacking in both parties.

True, but the left drowns out "common sense" ideas with social "experiments."

10 Dec 2010 13:32 #36 by Martin Ent Inc
Or some pork studies:

Study finds: Women don’t like to be told they look fat

Study finds: Bullies tend to have problems relating to others

Study finds: People who cannot afford cars are more likely to take public transit

Study finds: People put on more clothes when it’s cold

Just a few.

10 Dec 2010 14:09 #37 by BearMtnHIB
"Extreme cold keeps British global warming expedition from reaching North Pole"
"We’re sad to report that the trio of British ecological explorers who’ve been trying to reach the North Pole had to give up their global warming expedition because – are you ready? – it was too cold.

The Catlin Arctic Survey team had to be rescued this week after finishing less than half their trek. In fact, they fell short by more than 300 miles.

WattsUpWithThat.com summarizes the hilarious results:

Due to horrifically cold weather, hypothermia and frostbite, they made it less than half way to the pole."

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/cold-keeps-british-global-warming-expedition-from-rnorth-pole

10 Dec 2010 14:19 #38 by Residenttroll returns

BearMtnHIB wrote: "Extreme cold keeps British global warming expedition from reaching North Pole"

"We’re sad to report that the trio of British ecological explorers who’ve been trying to reach the North Pole had to give up their global warming expedition because – are you ready? – it was too cold.

The Catlin Arctic Survey team had to be rescued this week after finishing less than half their trek. In fact, they fell short by more than 300 miles.

WattsUpWithThat.com summarizes the hilarious results:

Due to horrifically cold weather, hypothermia and frostbite, they made it less than half way to the pole."

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/cold-keeps-british-global-warming-expedition-from-rnorth-pole

Get with it Bear....it was WINTER. :woo hoo:

10 Dec 2010 14:31 #39 by Martin Ent Inc
Where are the girls in tight sweaters?

10 Dec 2010 16:16 #40 by Scruffy

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Where are the girls in tight sweaters?

Science Chick will be along shortly to put you all in your place.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds