Study Confirms That Fox News Makes You Stupid

15 Dec 2010 19:06 #11 by LadyJazzer

neptunechimney wrote: From the link:

"In eight of the nine questions below, Fox News placed first in the percentage of those who were misinformed (they placed second in the question on TARP). That’s a pretty high batting average for journalistic fraud. Here is a list of what Fox News viewers believe that just aint so:

91 percent believe the stimulus legislation lost jobs
72 percent believe the health reform law will increase the deficit
72 percent believe the economy is getting worse
60 percent believe climate change is not occurring
49 percent believe income taxes have gone up
63 percent believe the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts
56 percent believe Obama initiated the GM/Chrysler bailout
38 percent believe that most Republicans opposed TARP
63 percent believe Obama was not born in the U.S. (or that it is unclear) "

Yep... I would have posted it all, but then I would have gotten my hands slapped for posting too much material in violation of copyright laws.... Hence the link to the article....

Frankly, I think these stats prove the point... (It certainly proves the point with FauxNews consumers on this forum...)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Dec 2010 19:07 #12 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Study Confirms That Fox News Makes You Stupid
KissyFace: I never slap hands.

15 Dec 2010 19:26 #13 by FredHayek
Well, stimulus legislation passed and the unemployment rate increased so maybe the guys who wrote the article are playing with the facts too.
Just like the way the temporary hiring of census workers was politically arrranged to improve employment numbers.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Dec 2010 19:27 #14 by JusSayin
It would be interesting to have a psychiatrist analyze LarryJane’s posts to determine why s/he finds it necessary to be so hateful and vile.

15 Dec 2010 19:31 #15 by Wayne Harrison
Can you explain your census "politically arranged" comment a bit more, SS?

The census happens every 10 years, regardless of who is in office and they have to have workers. It's a given they will be counted as employed (I have a friend who was out of work and the census job provided a cushion while she continued to look for fulltime employment)... and it's a given when they are no longer needed they will show up as unemployed.

How you suggest they conduct the census so it wasn't "politically arranged"?

15 Dec 2010 20:34 #16 by LadyJazzer
The Dems must have manipulated the calendar to have it show up in 2010... ?

15 Dec 2010 20:59 #17 by RenegadeCJ

LadyJazzer wrote:

Study Confirms That Fox News Makes You Stupid
A new survey of American voters shows that Fox News viewers are significantly more misinformed than consumers of news from other sources.
December 15, 2010

Yet another study has been released proving that watching Fox News is detrimental to your intelligence. World Public Opinion, a project managed by the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland, conducted a survey of American voters that shows that Fox News viewers are significantly more misinformed than consumers of news from other sources. What’s more, the study shows that greater exposure to Fox News increases misinformation.

So the more you watch, the less you know. Or to be precise, the more you think you know that is actually false. This study corroborates a previous PIPA study that focused on the Iraq war with similar results. And there was an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll that demonstrated the break with reality on the part of Fox viewers with regard to health care. The body of evidence that Fox News is nothing but a propaganda machine dedicated to lies is growing by the day.

The conclusion is inescapable. Fox News is deliberately misinforming its viewers and it is doing so for a reason. Every issue above is one in which the Republican Party had a vested interest. The GOP benefited from the ignorance that Fox News helped to proliferate. The results were apparent in the election last month as voters based their decisions on demonstrably false information fed to them by Fox News.

By the way, the rest of the media was not blameless. CNN and the broadcast network news operations fared only slightly better in many cases. Even MSNBC, which had the best record of accurately informing viewers, has a ways to go before it can brag about it.

http://www.alternet.org/media/149193/st ... ou_stupid/

Wait for it.....

Wait for it.....

Wait for it.....

Wait for it.....

....You can hear the surprise in *MY* voice.... rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol:

AHHHHHH....now THAT is the LJ I'm used to. Completely irrational, just likes to insult others. I was worried about you for awhile LJ. I thought maybe you had an accident, and actually wanted to debate issues instead of shooting first, THEN asking questions. Glad you are ok though, although I have to admit, I liked the rational LJ better!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

15 Dec 2010 21:02 #18 by LadyJazzer
Oh, the rational LJ is still here... I just couldn't let an article like this slip through my fingers... :biggrin:

15 Dec 2010 21:08 #19 by jf1acai

Oh, the rational LJ is still here...

It would sure be nice if she would visit more often! :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

15 Dec 2010 22:59 #20 by ckm8
Yeah, 'cause it's so easy to have a rational discussion with the likes of Residentroll, Teddy, Nymysys & Jussayin.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds