Fox News Study Confirms a Stupid Education Makes you Liberal

16 Dec 2010 12:44 #2 by JusSayin
Makes Ward Churchill piss his pants with glee.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Dec 2010 13:09 #3 by archer
makes sense to me, the more educated you are the more likely you are to ferret out the truth of issues, and if you are a seeker of truth, rather than fiction, you will be a liberal.

16 Dec 2010 13:25 #4 by BearMtnHIB
I think it's just the indoctrination of one liberal professor after another - eventually you start to believe in that crap because you start to think the whole world is that way -
well - until you have to get a job in the real world.

I had a few liberal professors even though I studied engineering. For me though, I knew crap when I heard it. All that liberal nonsense proved to be false as I earned my way along.

My favorite was the professor who spent 2 hours lecturing about how sea levels would be 36 to 48 inches higher by now. A trip back to the beach where I played as a 5 year old kid shows the water level EXACTLY where it was back then.

Greenhouse effect my ass.

16 Dec 2010 13:36 #5 by ckm8
This liberal scored a 90.91% I wasn't surprised that a quiz administered by a very conservative/religiously fundamentalist anti-college group leaned heavily towards conservative ideals and opinions. I found many of the questions heavily biased by opinion.

http://www.americancivicliteracy.org/re ... /quiz.aspx

16 Dec 2010 14:05 #6 by archer

BearMtnHIB wrote: I think it's just the indoctrination of one liberal professor after another - eventually you start to believe in that crap because you start to think the whole world is that way -
well - until you have to get a job in the real world.

I had a few liberal professors even though I studied engineering. For me though, I knew crap when I heard it. All that liberal nonsense proved to be false as I earned my way along.

On the other hand, those "liberal" professors may just have been smarter than you.

16 Dec 2010 14:30 #7 by BearMtnHIB

On the other hand, those "liberal" professors may just have been smarter than you.

You may be right - they figured out how to get suckers to pay 100K for a worthless "liberal arts" degree in "Journalism", or "Political science".

I had to work for a living.

16 Dec 2010 14:31 #8 by PrintSmith
Interesting to note the changes in the meaning of the word liberal over the years. But then, that is one of the hallmarks of the progressives. Liberal used to mean broad, not literal, free. A Liberal Arts degree indicated a broad range of study. Thomas Jefferson once decried that his opponents had not the liberality to distinguish between a person and their political opinions. One who tipped heavily was liberal in their gratuity. We can certainly see where not literal has been retained though, as in liberally interpreting the Constitution.

Today, a liberal education is anything but broad one. It is very narrowly tailored to conform to a specific set of beliefs and practices.

16 Dec 2010 14:39 #9 by LadyJazzer

16 Dec 2010 14:58 #10 by archer

BearMtnHIB wrote:

You may be right - they figured out how to get suckers to pay 100K for a worthless "liberal arts" degree in "Journalism", or "Political science".

I had to work for a living.

There is a conservative elitist for you.....ever tried teaching? it's a very difficult job and yes, it's considered work. I have one of your worthless "liberal arts" degrees in Sociology......from that I went to work as a systems analyst, became a systems project manager......eventually started my own business in Data Base design, supported myself and my children, put them through college, and retired comfortably. All that on a liberal education, but in your eyes I have a worthless education and never worked for a living. Statements like yours disgust me and make me glad I am not a conservative, I would hate to be like you and look down on my fellow Americans because they don't think like me or share my shallow values.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds