Arizona Massacre Prompts Political 'Cheap Shots'

10 Jan 2011 15:09 #21 by Something the Dog Said
And yet not a single post showing that LadyJazzer cheered on the shooter. The only posters who have supported the actions of the shooter is that of BearMtHIB.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2011 15:10 #22 by LadyJazzer
I can tell you this... A bill has been introduced to make it a federal crime to "threaten a congressperson." If that law passes, I have a feeling I'm going to be forwarding a LOT of messages from this forum.

10 Jan 2011 15:11 #23 by Nmysys
Archer:

To be fair I didn't say LJ was cheering. It wasn't my choice of words, but you still haven't acknowledged whether or not you approve of the hateful postings done by LJ, and apparently won't.

10 Jan 2011 15:15 #24 by Something the Dog Said
Some of the posters might want to consider 18 USC 875 (c).

"(c) Whoever transmits in interstate or foreign commerce any communication containing any threat to kidnap any person or any threat to injure the person of another, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."

And yes, posting pseudo-anonymously in a forum is interstate commerce communication.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

10 Jan 2011 15:16 #25 by conifermtman

LadyJazzer wrote: I can tell you this... A bill has been introduced to make it a federal crime to "threaten a congressperson." If that law passes, I have a feeling I'm going to be forwarding a LOT of messages from this forum.

You are going to turn yourself in?

10 Jan 2011 15:16 #26 by Something the Dog Said

Nmysys wrote: Archer:

To be fair I didn't say LJ was cheering. It wasn't my choice of words, but you still haven't acknowledged whether or not you approve of the hateful postings done by LJ, and apparently won't.

Tell us Nmysys, do you approve of BearMtHIB support for the attempted assassination of Rep. Gifford and anyone else who does not follow his personal political views?

10 Jan 2011 15:19 #27 by archer

Nmysys wrote: Archer:

nmysys.....I have been asking and asking for a quote from the post in question to no avail. Can't say I would want to censure someone for something they never said.....

There have been pretty hateful postings from both sides on this subject....yet the right wants the left to apologise, while they show no inclination to do likewise. Sorry, but I don't want to hear "but your side started it"........I just want people to stop spreading lies, or back them up with proof.

10 Jan 2011 15:21 #28 by Photo-fish

Nmysys wrote: There is NO DOUBT that the majority of folks on here have seen that LJ is Pimping Hate!!

The fact that the rest of you Liberals refuse to acknowledge it even though everyone of LJ's posts are still here to read, speaks volumes!! You are all a bunch of Hypocrites!!!

I just finished reading them all and still do not see where she was cheering on this killer as Outdoor has repeatedly stated. Outdoor also keeps screaming "hate pimp". I can't see that either. I think LJ made the initial post on this subject and then speculated (or presumed) that the killer was anti-liberal. Not an off-base assumption at all IMO (given the history of some of the knee-jerk reactions by many other posters on this board). As there is still no solid proof of what this killers motives or intentions were, speculation and presumptions are perfectly acceptable for this type of forum (again IMO). If Outdoor has a problem with her not going back to edit or preface her words then that is his problem. He has done this many times over and is hypocritical to suggest otherwise.

I see pimping of hate and devisive speech daily on this board and it is THE reason I have stepped away for a while. If you are calling what LJ has stated as 'Pimping Hate" then you need to take a long look around and start calling out others ,who have a much worse and longer history of this.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

10 Jan 2011 15:24 #29 by LadyJazzer

conifermtman wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: I can tell you this... A bill has been introduced to make it a federal crime to "threaten a congressperson." If that law passes, I have a feeling I'm going to be forwarding a LOT of messages from this forum.

You are going to turn yourself in?

Not unless I threaten a congressperson... Hasn't happened yet...Doubt that it will... But some of the others on here should consider themselves at-risk.

10 Jan 2011 15:28 #30 by LadyJazzer

John Troy Davis Facing Assault Charges After Allegedly Threatening Michael Bennet Staffers
P. SOLOMON BANDA | 01/10/11

DENVER — A Colorado man is accused of threatening to set fire around Sen. Michael Bennet's office and shoot members of his staff, prompting authorities to step up patrols around the senator's home and office.

John Troy Davis, 44, faces a charge of assault on a federal employee. If convicted, he faces up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Davis appeared Monday before a federal magistrate judge, who formally advised him of the charge and appointed the public defender's office to represent him.

FBI agent Jonathan D. Grusing said in an arrest affidavit that Davis called Bennet's office Thursday to complain about his Social Security benefits. At one point, according to the document, Davis told a Bennet staffer that he is schizophrenic and needs help and that he "may go to terrorism."

But during one call Thursday, Grusing quotes Davis as telling a staffer: "I'm just going to come down there and shoot you all." Davis called again and spoke to another staffer, this time saying: "To get your attention, I will go down there and set fire to the perimeter."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/1 ... 06928.html

Wow... The hits, (pun intended), just keep coming. Can't get your way? Go terrorize a congresscritter.... Schizo? Maybe, but obviously guns and/or terrorism is the option of choice....

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds