Should the American Flag Be Banned -- in America?

12 Jan 2011 10:02 #11 by FredHayek
I voted to ban the flag but I was just kidding. Sorry.

But I can how some on the left could see the Stars N' Stripes as the symbol of American imperialism and racism. Instead we should bring back the original Gadsen flag, but they don't like that one either.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jan 2011 10:05 #12 by HEARTLESS
The Gadsen, don't tread on me, below the American sounds great.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

12 Jan 2011 10:22 #13 by Blazer Bob

outdoor338 wrote: We sure do..look at this poll, lets see some of those who voted against the flag tell us why flag should be banned, or are they hiding behind the poll?

IMO, with the possible exception of a few really wacked out posters, the yes votes are just an attempt by low information lefies too bait you into putting your foot in your mouth. As soon as your oblige they will pop up with a gotcha. That is what passes for fun around here.

12 Jan 2011 10:23 - 12 Jan 2011 10:39 #14 by pineinthegrass

The Viking wrote: This poll speaks volumes about many of the people on this site and why we have so many heated arguments. 33% so far of the people on here are not patriotic Americans and thus will have huge problems with the other 2/3 of us who are.

I think if Outdoor ran a poll asking if you like to eat kittens, about 1/3rd would also vote yes.

12 Jan 2011 10:25 #15 by HEARTLESS
How are they prepared? :biggrin:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

12 Jan 2011 10:30 #16 by ScienceChic
Since none of you actually knows who voted to ban, assuming it's the "lefties" is premature and speculative on your part. For all you know it's the conservatives trying to make liberals look bad or people just picking that choice to f#@^ with you. This stupid poll is yet another attempt to polarize and divide us - please stop falling for this crap. :soap: Stepping off now.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

12 Jan 2011 10:37 #17 by Blazer Bob

Science Chic wrote: Since none of you actually knows who voted to ban, assuming it's the "lefties" is premature and speculative on your part. For all you know it's the conservatives trying to make liberals look bad or people just picking that choice to f#@^ with you. This stupid poll is yet another attempt to polarize and divide us - please stop falling for this crap. :soap: Stepping off now.

Gotcha! :wave:

12 Jan 2011 11:39 #18 by Soulshiner

Science Chic wrote: Since none of you actually knows who voted to ban, assuming it's the "lefties" is premature and speculative on your part. For all you know it's the conservatives trying to make liberals look bad or people just picking that choice to f#@^ with you. This stupid poll is yet another attempt to polarize and divide us - please stop falling for this crap. :soap: Stepping off now.

Yep.

Don't you guys think that some posters may be voting that way just to stir you up? Are you really taking your guys little internet message board poll that seriously?

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

12 Jan 2011 12:17 #19 by Whatevergreen
I think the 9 people that said yes, and honestly I was NOT one of them, are seriously pulling your leg.

12 Jan 2011 12:19 #20 by The Viking

Whatevergreen wrote: I think the 9 people that said yes, and honestly I was NOT one of them, are seriously pulling your leg.

We have had this conversation before and I know there were at least 3 or 4 who thought it caused safety issues for people and shouldn't be flown in certain places. This is America and that is bull!

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds