Giffords Opens Her Eyes! -- Conservatives: "You Lie!"

13 Jan 2011 12:06 - 13 Jan 2011 12:29 #1 by LadyJazzer

Conservatives Accuse Obama Of Lying About Giffords Opening Eyes, Her Doctors Disagree
January 13, 2011

In one of the most cynical displays in recent memory, following the lead of Gateway Pundit Jim Hoft, several conservative websites - including Fox Nation and MRC arm CNS News - suggested that President Obama lied last night when he said that Rep. Giffords had opened her eyes for the first time shortly after his Wednesday night visit to the hospital.

In a recently-completed press conference, Giffords' doctor Peter Rhee explained that what Obama said last night about Giffords opening her eyes was "true."

In response to a question from a reporter about previous statements that Giffords could open her eyes, Rhee and Dr. B Michael Lemole, Section Chief of Neurosurgery at University Medical Center in Tuscon, explained the important distinction. Namely, Giffords previously opened her eyes in response to "stimulus," and yesterday she opened them spontaneously, which represented a "major milestone" in her recovery.

Watch the full press conference:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201101130018

Boy, the right-wing slime-machine just doesn't know when to cut their losses and shut up....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jan 2011 12:13 #2 by LadyJazzer
Awwww, What a sweetie.... You can't fake this kind of "compassion".......

Limbaugh Demands "Combat Pay" For Listening To Obama Discuss Rep. Giffords Opening Her Eyes

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201101130022

Limbaugh Rejects Calls For Civility And Healing: "We Don't Need To Heal"

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201101130021

Limbaugh Attacks Obama For Calling On Americans To Live Up To The Dreams Of 9-Year-Old Shooting Victim

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201101130019

Oh, wait...I forgot...He's just an "entertainer"... And this is what passes for "entertainment" in the conservative world.

13 Jan 2011 12:33 #3 by Martin Ent Inc
She had opened them previously on Sunday due to stimulus.

She DID NOT open them for the president.

"Giffords is in a drug-induced coma in intensive care," the newspaper reported on Jan. 9. "Doctors frequently awaken her to check her responsiveness, and she could open her eyes and respond to simple commands Sunday -- an encouraging sign, said [Dr. Peter] Rhee." Read more...

13 Jan 2011 12:34 - 13 Jan 2011 12:36 #4 by LadyJazzer

Martin Ent Inc wrote: She had opened them previously on Sunday due to stimulus.

She DID NOT open them for the president.

"Giffords is in a drug-induced coma in intensive care," the newspaper reported on Jan. 9. "Doctors frequently awaken her to check her responsiveness, and she could open her eyes and respond to simple commands Sunday -- an encouraging sign, said [Dr. Peter] Rhee." Read more...

Obama didn't say she did... Obama said she opened them after he left... Duh!

Since you obviously didn't read the first part of the original post:

...yesterday she opened them spontaneously, which represented a "major milestone" in her recovery, said [Dr. Peter] Rhee.

13 Jan 2011 12:36 #5 by Grady
How many lefty outrages of the day are we up to today?

13 Jan 2011 12:38 #6 by Photo-fish
Yes, it was AFTER he left the hospital room.

While it's depressing to have to parse this -- rather than simply be happy about the good news -- such is the state of the conservative media, where absolutely everything Obama says is fodder for their attacks. Instead of chalking up any potential discrepancy between what Obama said and previous statements by doctors to the complex nature of medicine, conservatives went ahead and accused the president of lying. It's as despicable as it is predictable.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

13 Jan 2011 12:41 #7 by Martin Ent Inc
I have just come from the University Medical Center, just a mile from here, where our friend Gabby courageously fights to recover even as we speak. And I want to tell you -- her husband Mark is here and he allows me to share this with you -- right after we went to visit, a few minutes after we left her room and some of her colleagues in Congress were in the room, Gabby opened her eyes for the first time. (Applause.) Gabby opened her eyes for the first time. (Sustained applause.)

Was what I was refering too.

13 Jan 2011 12:44 #8 by LadyJazzer

Martin Ent Inc wrote: I have just come from the University Medical Center, just a mile from here, where our friend Gabby courageously fights to recover even as we speak. And I want to tell you -- her husband Mark is here and he allows me to share this with you -- right after we went to visit, a few minutes after we left her room and some of her colleagues in Congress were in the room, Gabby opened her eyes for the first time. (Applause.) Gabby opened her eyes for the first time. (Sustained applause.)

Was what I was refering too.

I have just come from the University Medical Center, just a mile from here, where our friend Gabby courageously fights to recover even as we speak. And I want to tell you -- her husband Mark is here and he allows me to share this with you -- right after we went to visit, a few minutes after we left her room and some of her colleagues in Congress were in the room , Gabby opened her eyes for the first time. (Applause.) Gabby opened her eyes for the first time. (Sustained applause.)

Was what you obviously chose to ignore...

13 Jan 2011 12:59 #9 by Nmysys
LIBERAL Outrages of the day!!!!

LJ will argue anything and everything no matter how much PROOF you have that it is wrong.

Obama lied to make it a dramatic point for his approval ratings.

13 Jan 2011 13:01 #10 by Martin Ent Inc

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds