Oil: This will do Obama in.

14 Jan 2011 10:54 #11 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote: [

Which lib here attacked Bush for higher gas prices??

I think it is a fair bet that the answer is no one. This site did not exist when Bush was pres.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jan 2011 11:10 #12 by Nobody that matters

neptunechimney wrote: I think it is a fair bet that the answer is no one. This site did not exist when Bush was pres.

Never let facts get in the way of a good rant.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

14 Jan 2011 14:03 #13 by outdoor338
archer...I will call you out when I mention your name..OK, you take it easy and get some rest..this thread is getting to hard for you to understand, you yelling look at me when you post makes you look like a liberal moonbat...listen carefully..when bush was in office..the LIBERALS were blaming bush for high gas and oil prices...Ok..now we can be friends again...see that wasn't that hard, now if the rest of your liberal pals can understand that would be nice..

14 Jan 2011 14:20 #14 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Oil: This will do Obama in.

outdoor338 wrote: archer...I will call you out when I mention your name..OK, you take it easy and get some rest..this thread is getting to hard for you to understand, you yelling look at me when you post makes you look like a liberal moonbat...listen carefully..when bush was in office..the LIBERALS were blaming bush for high gas and oil prices...Ok..now we can be friends again...see that wasn't that hard, now if the rest of your liberal pals can understand that would be nice..

gee....thanks for the condescending concern, I didn't yell at you....

let me get this right......as you say I have such a problem understanding, you are saying liberals blamed bush for higher gas prices, now you are blaming Obama......so who is responsible, the president who had them first, or the president who had them second. I don't suppose it occurred to you that the president, whoever he may be, isn't responsible at all. However, it makes more sense to blame Bush than Obama....he had the higher prices first.

:rofl

You are so funny outdoor in your manufactured outrages.

14 Jan 2011 14:21 #15 by archer

neptunechimney wrote:

archer wrote: [

Which lib here attacked Bush for higher gas prices??

I think it is a fair bet that the answer is no one. This site did not exist when Bush was pres.

ahhhh...but the posters did, on any of several websites up here.

14 Jan 2011 14:29 #16 by RenegadeCJ

archer wrote: I remember fondly the tales of woe when gas hit nearly $4 a gallon.....they said we were on our way to $6, they said it would never go down again and this country would be forever changed, well the country was forever changed after that, but not because of oil prices, and people still drove, and the price eventually came down......it's a cycle just like most anything else, and if people cut down on usage the price will come down, just as it always does, though not to previous levels, and people deal with it just like they always have. Bush couldn't prevent the last rise in oil, and Obama can't prevent this rise. Lamenting that Obama isn't fixing this is really stupid, like you pointed out we don't produce that much of our own oil.

It does, however, make a tidy little outrage to start the day......damn Obama, he needs to bomb the hell out of the middle east so we can steal all their oil........why didn't Bush think of that.....oops, he did, and we still don't have their oil.

How ignorant....do you have any idea what $5 gas will do to the price of goods? Many companies who deal with trucking of supplies are already stretched thin, and have locked in already thin margins. If we really get $5 it will put them out of business. When gas prices went way up a couple of year ago, companies were able to absorb some of it....now those cash reserves are gone.

Obama can do a lot....tell the other countries if oil reaches "x" we will aggressively pursue drilling for our own oil. He can win that way. Look strong, and never actually have to start drilling. The threat alone will keep prices in line (if he acts like he means it)

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

14 Jan 2011 14:51 #17 by archer

RenegadeCJ wrote: How ignorant....

well that statement will surely foster a conversation.....not

do you have any idea what $5 gas will do to the price of goods? Many companies who deal with trucking of supplies are already stretched thin, and have locked in already thin margins. If we really get $5 it will put them out of business. When gas prices went way up a couple of year ago, companies were able to absorb some of it....now those cash reserves are gone.

Obama can do a lot....tell the other countries if oil reaches "x" we will aggressively pursue drilling for our own oil. He can win that way. Look strong, and never actually have to start drilling. The threat alone will keep prices in line (if he acts like he means it)

When GW took office oil was around $25/barrel, when he left office it was over $100.......why didn't the Republicans do anything about it? Perhaps they knew, what you don't seem to know, is that the president really doesn't have much influence over OPEC........well, maybe that's wrong, starting a couple wars in the region might have influenced OPEC to stick it to us when they could.

What do you know that no one else seems to know that predicts $5/gallon gasoline? And did you care about this 3 years ago?

14 Jan 2011 14:53 #18 by FredHayek
Actually higher petrol prices can help out freight companies, they can start charging fuel surcharges again and it sures seems like they are more than they should be.

Maybe Barack's new COS Dailey will get him to agree to start drilling, would create lots of good paying jobs that you can't outsource.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Jan 2011 15:35 #19 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote:

do you have any idea what $5 gas will do to the price of goods? Many companies who deal with trucking of supplies are already stretched thin, and have locked in already thin margins. If we really get $5 it will put them out of business. When gas prices went way up a couple of year ago, companies were able to absorb some of it....now those cash reserves are gone.

When GW took office oil was around $25/barrel, when he left office it was over $100.......why didn't the Republicans do anything about it? Perhaps they knew, what you don't seem to know, is that the president really doesn't have much influence over OPEC........well, maybe that's wrong, starting a couple wars in the region might have influenced OPEC to stick it to us when they could.

What do you know that no one else seems to know that predicts $5/gallon gasoline? And did you care about this 3 years ago?

Can you put partisanship aside and say with a straight face that it is not dem policies that restrict production?

14 Jan 2011 16:07 #20 by Pony Soldier

archer wrote:

Actually, when Bush left office, oil was under $40 / barrel. Being a good friend to the oil companies, he allowed the price to rise to record levels before a drop in demand sent the futures spiralling downward. Presidents set energy policy and can drastically affect the price of energy.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds