Oil: This will do Obama in.

14 Jan 2011 09:58 #1 by conifermtman
$100 a barrel oil is coming soon and Obama has done nothing to prevent it. In fact he has done everything to make it possible. This does not going to be a positive thing for Obama because the high price at the pump will slow any economic recovery and everyone will feel the pain at the pump. Sarah Palin is going to have a field day with this. Drill baby drill!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jan 2011 10:03 #2 by Scruffy
Replied by Scruffy on topic Oil: This will do Obama in.
Doesn't the Alaskan oil pipeline leak have something to do with the high price of oil?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/1 ... 06665.html

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-0 ... ypass.html

14 Jan 2011 10:06 #3 by Residenttroll returns
Scruffy,

The Pipeline is only 15% of the crude produced in the US. It was shut down last weekend. It pushed up the pricing by $2.

14 Jan 2011 10:22 #4 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Oil: This will do Obama in.
I remember fondly the tales of woe when gas hit nearly $4 a gallon.....they said we were on our way to $6, they said it would never go down again and this country would be forever changed, well the country was forever changed after that, but not because of oil prices, and people still drove, and the price eventually came down......it's a cycle just like most anything else, and if people cut down on usage the price will come down, just as it always does, though not to previous levels, and people deal with it just like they always have. Bush couldn't prevent the last rise in oil, and Obama can't prevent this rise. Lamenting that Obama isn't fixing this is really stupid, like you pointed out we don't produce that much of our own oil.

It does, however, make a tidy little outrage to start the day......damn Obama, he needs to bomb the hell out of the middle east so we can steal all their oil........why didn't Bush think of that.....oops, he did, and we still don't have their oil.

14 Jan 2011 10:27 #5 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Oil: This will do Obama in.
Outrageous!!!!

It's Palin's fault!!!! Blood libel for oil!!

How about another stupid comment Archer. Cyclical!!!! More like not drilling for oil in our country because of some poor creature somewhere, like the caribou or maybe the ants!!

14 Jan 2011 10:32 #6 by outdoor338
funny you libs attacked bush for higher gas and oil prices, and on obama's watch over $3.07 and yet you say nothing..you libs are funny..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXggIPcKD7c

14 Jan 2011 10:35 #7 by Scruffy
Replied by Scruffy on topic Oil: This will do Obama in.
Funny how you conservatives attacked Obama for higher gas and oil prices, but on Bush's watch over $4 you said nothing.. you conservatives are funny.

14 Jan 2011 10:39 #8 by Blazer Bob
Well, because a large part of our very modest portfolio is in O&G I am grateful for the administrations energy policy.

14 Jan 2011 10:39 #9 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Oil: This will do Obama in.

outdoor338 wrote: funny you libs attacked bush for higher gas and oil prices, and on obama's watch over $3.07 and yet you say nothing..you libs are funny..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXggIPcKD7c

Which lib here attacked Bush for higher gas prices? I didn't, I was on the road in Alaska. What makes you think you can just accuse of libs doing something when you have no proof they did?

But here.....we have proof that you are attacking Obama......and I'll ask if you were this upset with Bush when the oil prices rose, unlike you, I won't tell you what you did because I honestly don't know, ya think you could give us libs that same courtesy?

14 Jan 2011 10:47 #10 by FredHayek
Good thing we booted out those former oil execs like Rice, Cheney, & Bush or oil would be $130, oh wait, those oil guys wanted to drill everywhere to lower the price of oil. Obama and the Left wants to limit domestic drilling so buy oil futures. China and India's economy is expanding dramatically and more cars on the road in the Third World, a lot more.

Add the US dollar which Bernanke insists on devaluing to help exports and Americans will have to get used to high priced gasoline.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds