Egypt's Mubarak resigns as leade

15 Feb 2011 22:41 #31 by lionshead2010
So let's talk morality and values here. Who said this?

"The people taking peaceful control of their own destiny must be some communist plot to further the "global caliphate", or something...."

Lara Logan of CBS News Was Attacked and Sexually Assaulted in Egypt

http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/02/15/lara- ... k2%7C44304

Many of the scenes broadcast from Egpyt in recent days have been joyful, but events took a horrific turn for CBS News correspondent Lara Logan on Feb. 11, the day that former president Hosni Mubarak resigned.

CBS News has issued a statement saying on that day, Logan was physically and sexually assaulted by members of the crowd when she was separated from her news crew. The photo here was taken moments before the attack began.

Logan "was covering the jubilation in Tahrir Square for a '60 Minutes' story when she and her team and their security were surrounded by a dangerous element amidst the celebration," according to the statement. "It was a mob of more than 200 people whipped into a frenzy."

"She was surrounded and suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating before being saved by a group of women and an estimated 20 Egyptian soldiers," the statement continued.

"She reconnected with the CBS team, returned to her hotel and returned to the United States on the first flight the next morning. She is currently in the hospital recovering," according to CBS News.

Sounds peaceful enough to me. Or shall we just dismiss this as the boys having a little fun?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Feb 2011 23:21 #32 by archer

lionshead2010 wrote: So let's talk morality and values here. Who said this?

"The people taking peaceful control of their own destiny must be some communist plot to further the "global caliphate", or something...."

Lara Logan of CBS News Was Attacked and Sexually Assaulted in Egypt

http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/02/15/lara- ... k2%7C44304

Many of the scenes broadcast from Egpyt in recent days have been joyful, but events took a horrific turn for CBS News correspondent Lara Logan on Feb. 11, the day that former president Hosni Mubarak resigned.

CBS News has issued a statement saying on that day, Logan was physically and sexually assaulted by members of the crowd when she was separated from her news crew. The photo here was taken moments before the attack began.

Logan "was covering the jubilation in Tahrir Square for a '60 Minutes' story when she and her team and their security were surrounded by a dangerous element amidst the celebration," according to the statement. "It was a mob of more than 200 people whipped into a frenzy."

"She was surrounded and suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating before being saved by a group of women and an estimated 20 Egyptian soldiers," the statement continued.

"She reconnected with the CBS team, returned to her hotel and returned to the United States on the first flight the next morning. She is currently in the hospital recovering," according to CBS News.

Sounds peaceful enough to me. Or shall we just dismiss this as the boys having a little fun?

I can't imagine anyone dismissing this as anything other than a horrific attack. I do like her and respect the reporting she has done over the years from some very dangerous places. I hope she will recover both physically and emotionally. We don't know if it was the protestors....or the counter protestors... that attacked her, probably never will know in all the confusion of that day. Thank God for the women and soldiers who rescued her. They were egyptians too.

16 Feb 2011 00:13 #33 by lionshead2010
"I can't imagine anyone dismissing this as anything other than a horrific attack. I do like her and respect the reporting she has done over the years from some very dangerous places. I hope she will recover both physically and emotionally. We don't know if it was the protestors....or the counter protestors... that attacked her, probably never will know in all the confusion of that day. Thank God for the women and soldiers who rescued her. They were egyptians too."

So then I can get you to admit, grudgingly, that there is nothing "peaceful" about a gang of people sexually assaulting an innocent woman?

What would be your take on the morality of these hundreds of people who saw fit to do this to a woman? Or are they, too, the anomalies that LJ and Bailey Bud would have you think they are? What sort of value system makes this poor treatment of women okay? The fact is that most of the Muslim world holds women and children as second-class citizens and property and treats them accordingly. Sorry...I know it's not PC to mention this...but it's true.

I don't expect you to admit a thing....I realize it's just NOT the liberal way to admit an error in judgement. Just stick with the script...but anyone who calls what happened to this woman "peaceful" is full of BS.

16 Feb 2011 05:18 #34 by appleannie

What sort of value system makes this poor treatment of women okay? The fact is that most of the Muslim world holds women and children as second-class citizens and property and treats them accordingly. Sorry...I know it's not PC to mention this...but it's true.

You do know that gang rapes in the US aren't uncommon, don't you? What sort of value system makes this poor treatment of women okay? "People who live in glass houses" and all that happy s**t...

16 Feb 2011 05:49 #35 by lionshead2010

appleannie wrote:

What sort of value system makes this poor treatment of women okay? The fact is that most of the Muslim world holds women and children as second-class citizens and property and treats them accordingly. Sorry...I know it's not PC to mention this...but it's true.

You do know that gang rapes in the US aren't uncommon, don't you? What sort of value system makes this poor treatment of women okay? "People who live in glass houses" and all that happy s**t...

So you are equating the treatment of women in the West to the treatment of women in the Middle East and Asia and all that happy s**t? Really?

At the risk of being too personal, what color burka are you wearing at the moment? Blue, Black or White?

16 Feb 2011 06:05 #36 by appleannie

lionshead2010 wrote:

appleannie wrote:

So you are equating the treatment of women in the West to the treatment of women in the Middle East and Asia and all that happy s**t? Really?

At the risk of being too personal, what color burka are you wearing at the moment? Blue, Black or White?

There are a lot of faults I can see with Arab/Muslim cultures but that particular dog won't hunt because it ignores the fact that this isn't something that just happens in Arab cultures. It's all too common in (supposedly) Christian cultures as well.

16 Feb 2011 06:12 #37 by lionshead2010

appleannie wrote:

lionshead2010 wrote:

appleannie wrote:

There are a lot of faults I can see with Arab/Muslim cultures but that particular dog won't hunt because it ignores the fact that this isn't something that just happens in Arab cultures. It's all too common in (supposedly) Christian cultures as well.

Respectfully Ma'am, please cite a contemporary Christian culture (not a cult) that treats women like property, beats them regularly, won't allow them to talk to men outside their immediate family and makes them wear garments that cover at least their hair and often their face and entire body.

Also, please name a contemporary Christian culture that hangs or stones women for prostitution or adultery.

16 Feb 2011 06:50 #38 by appleannie

Respectfully Ma'am, please cite a contemporary Christian culture (not a cult) that treats women like property, beats them regularly, won't allow them to talk to men outside their immediate family and makes them wear garments that cover at least their hair and often their face and entire body.

Also, please name a contemporary Christian culture that hangs or stones women for prostitution or adultery.

If you think those things are the norm in Egypt, you are sadly misinformed.

16 Feb 2011 07:38 #39 by outdoor338
Lion, you just slapped a liberal..and she cannot respond! Good job, watch the spin on this..no comeback, nada, can't, and then she starts with the Christians! So typical..

16 Feb 2011 07:41 #40 by lionshead2010
Well I've lived a couple of years in the Muslim culture so I won't call myself an expert, but I'm not misinformed. I'm curious how much time you have lived in the Muslim culture and what you base your opinion on?

Why would you think a couple of hundred Egyptians would either participate in or passively watch a gang sexual assault of a woman? That happened in Egypt...what do you make of it?

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds