Egypt's Mubarak resigns as leade

18 Feb 2011 14:38 #51 by mudguppy

appleannie wrote:

What sort of value system makes this poor treatment of women okay? The fact is that most of the Muslim world holds women and children as second-class citizens and property and treats them accordingly. Sorry...I know it's not PC to mention this...but it's true.

You do know that gang rapes in the US aren't uncommon, don't you? What sort of value system makes this poor treatment of women okay? "People who live in glass houses" and all that happy s**t...

I need to respond to this because the comparison between incidents of gang rape in the US and in the Middle East (primarily in Muslim countries) are two different animals. Rape and subsequent enslavement has been the modus operandi of Islam since its founding. Killing the enemy and raping their women is law in Islam; It's what Mohammed commanded his followers to do. Doubt this? Check it out:

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/02/17/isla ... gan/print/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Feb 2011 14:47 #52 by Nmysys
No one is denying that rapes happen everywhere. Nice deflection. Instead of debating the actual issue, you use a typical Liberal tactic of deflection.

Amazing the tactics that the Left adopted after November's election of reinventing themselves so they can throw all the blame for everything back at the Conservatives, and especially the Tea Parties.

It all comes back to blaming Bush and then Palin.

18 Feb 2011 16:11 #53 by Pony Soldier
Yeah, yeah "typical liberal yada yada..." . Is that all you have?

18 Feb 2011 16:18 #54 by mudguppy

towermonkey wrote: Yeah, yeah "typical liberal yada yada..." . Is that all you have?

Towermonkey: talk to me about rape after you've read
http://frontpagemag.com/2011/02/17/isla ... gan/print/

I'd really like to hear what you have to say.

19 Feb 2011 01:09 #55 by lionshead2010
This article about Lara Logan and Media Rules helps me to better understand what I percieve to be a hypocritical liberal perspective on this horrific attack. I've been scratching my head for days about the media's silence and the silence of ardent 285 Bound libs on this topic. Now I understand better. It's all about Identity Politics. :wink:

Lara Logan and media rules

Jewish World Review Feb 19, 2011
Caroline B. Glick

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0211/g ... r_friendly

When we understand identity politics we understand how it is that the wholesale assaults against foreign journalists have received so little analysis --- even by their own outlets..

The Western media have been unanimous in their sympathetic coverage of the demonstrators in Egypt…
The media's treatment of Logan's victimization specifically and its treatment of the wide-scale mob violence against foreign reporters in Cairo generally tells us a great deal about the nature of today's media discourse…

What makes the distinction between coverage of the two stores so remarkable is that there is there is no comparison between the alleged anti-female bias in the US military and the actual misogyny of Egyptian society…

Identity politics revolve around the narrative of victimization. For adherents to identity politics, the victim is not a person, but a member of a privileged victim group. That is, the status of victimhood is not determined by facts, but by membership in an identity group. Stories about victims are not dictated by facts. Victim stories are tailored to fit the victim. Facts, values, and individual responsibility are all irrelevant.

Identity politics are nothing more than socially acceptable bigotry. Those who practice it are racist bigots who have replaced liberal values that hold everyone to the same moral and criminal standards with illiberal values that judge people's morality and criminality by the identity group with which they are most readily associated.

19 Feb 2011 12:38 #56 by mudguppy
lionshead, if you're going to talk to the liberals like that you better replace those polysyllabic words with short, easy sounds. Plus, there are no insults in your response - how can any liberal relate to what you're saying? Ever watch a liberal read non-fiction stuff? Their eyes glaze over after 25 seconds. At 45 seconds they're drooling. At 60 seconds they're nodding out. Apparently this is a symptomatic response to finding information beyond what the teacher told them and NEVER EVER thinking for yourself! We can only hope that some day they get mad enough to educate themselves.

19 Feb 2011 13:08 #57 by archer
wow....and here i thought the silence on this issue was in response to Ms Logans specific request that the media respect her privacy......she would issue a statement, talk to the media when she was ready.

Maybe only liberals are decent enough to respect her wishes.

19 Feb 2011 13:55 #58 by mudguppy
Since when does the media respect privacy issues? There's plenty talk of Lara Logan within the media (about three pages' worth of 'respectful silence' if you Google her name right now) - so much for respectful silence - but it's ALLLLLL small talk gossip - it's not about the issue. The blackout isn't about respecting Logan's privacy. It's about ignoring the fact that a Jewish female was attacked on the streets of Cairo by Egyptian Muslims during 'liberation' festivities - while onlookers chanted "Jew! Jew!" - and it took a large group of Egyptian women and 20 Egyptian soldiers to get it stopped. That's the real story.

It's good to be open-minded, non-judgmental, and to embrace other cultures. 140 journalists and reporters either injured or killed in Egypt in the past month alone. I don't think Egypt is open-minded or non-judgmental like us namby-pamby Americans. Make a note of how many women - Muslim women - had to go to a group of Muslim men of authority to get some attention for the female Jew under attack. Make a note - that it was Muslim women trying to stop Muslim men. Just one Muslim woman would not have been able to get just one Muslim soldier to act. It takes a concentration of Muslim women for them to get any attention at all. The fact is, rape is an accepted part of Islam. Muslim women, as property of their husbands, have no right to protest any demands for sex. Non-Muslim women, have no rights to life let alone their dignity. Lara Logan is a snapshot of that truth. So where's the coverage on the real picture in Egypt?

Does being a liberal mean it's okay to be asleep at the wheel? Wake up, archer.

19 Feb 2011 14:11 #59 by archer

mudguppy wrote: Since when does the media respect privacy issues? There's plenty talk of Lara Logan within the media (about three pages' worth of 'respectful silence' if you Google her name right now) - so much for respectful silence - but it's ALLLLLL small talk gossip - it's not about the issue. The blackout isn't about respecting Logan's privacy. It's about ignoring the fact that a Jewish female was attacked on the streets of Cairo by Egyptian Muslims during 'liberation' festivities - while onlookers chanted "Jew! Jew!" - and it took a large group of Egyptian women and 20 Egyptian soldiers to get it stopped. That's the real story.

It's good to be open-minded, non-judgmental, and to embrace other cultures. 140 journalists and reporters either injured or killed in Egypt in the past month alone. I don't think Egypt is open-minded or non-judgmental like us namby-pamby Americans. Make a note of how many women - Muslim women - had to go to a group of Muslim men of authority to get some attention for the female Jew under attack. Make a note - that it was Muslim women trying to stop Muslim men. Just one Muslim woman would not have been able to get just one Muslim soldier to act. It takes a concentration of Muslim women for them to get any attention at all. The fact is, rape is an accepted part of Islam. Muslim women, as property of their husbands, have no right to protest any demands for sex. Non-Muslim women, have no rights to life let alone their dignity. Lara Logan is a snapshot of that truth. So where's the coverage on the real picture in Egypt?

Does being a liberal mean it's okay to be asleep at the wheel? Wake up, archer.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what your outrage is.....so the story has been covered, but not sensationalized and you're complaining? Who has indicated that they are not outraged by this rape? I haven't seen one person here or in the media that wasn't outraged? So what's your beef? specifically? How do you figure liberals are asleep at the wheel? Give us some specifics here.....you are ranting and raving about something, but it sure isn't clear what it is you want.....or don't want. Has anyone here...or in the media....made excuses for what happened? Please cite the source if you think that is the case. Has anyone in the media or here supported the people who did this heinous act? if you think they did, please cite a source.

Otherwise, I'm thinking your outrage is a product of your own delusions.

19 Feb 2011 14:23 #60 by outdoor338
Mudpuppy, you have to excuse archer..when she has no clue what she is talking about, you will get the above reaction from her..bla..bla..bla..and then she spins, her nick names are spin queen, skippy, no-clue..so, just to warn you, don't bother explaining anything to her, if it takes over 3 times, move on, it aint worth it, talking with her..oh, she brings us laughs at her expense..but it gets boring after a while. JMTCW

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds