Facts are so annoying

16 Feb 2011 14:21 #11 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Facts are so annoying
So, is the difference the OP is talking about all about the culture? I would agree two TOTALLY different cultures. And it makes a world of difference. The Olympics are a pretty good example. So, if I may ask what is the point of the OP? What is the subject?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Feb 2011 14:24 - 16 Feb 2011 14:27 #12 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Facts are so annoying

CinnamonGirl wrote: What is the point of this? There are so many factors that decide these things. Including economic availability.

Who cares??

And while people may believe all races are equal in intelligence, the societies people grow up in can choose to value education, and people overcoming discrimination. Jews and Arabs come from the same Semitic background, but Arabs haven't achieved as much even with their own homelands and billions of petrodollars.

Jews have been discriminated against for centuries and have chosen to rise above. Other minority groups have lamented the discrimination against them but have done little to prevail against it.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Feb 2011 14:27 - 16 Feb 2011 15:00 #13 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Facts are so annoying

CinnamonGirl wrote: Why break this out? No race is smarter than another.

Jews are not there own race. They have been persecuted for so long that natural selection worked.

16 Feb 2011 14:55 #14 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Facts are so annoying
The Facts are annoying you CG!!

16 Feb 2011 16:07 #15 by pineinthegrass
Interesting that the original post shows the source as the Nobel Prize website. That's not where the post came from and I doubt you could find any of that information there. It's been floating on the web for several years and was cut and pasted here.

But let's look at Christian religions too. There are 105 million Babtists (about 7x the number of Jews). I may of missed a couple, but I can find only two Babtist Nobel Prize winners, and both won the Peace Prize; Martin Luther King and Jimmy Carter. There was one winner whose mother was Babtist and father was Muslim (Ferid Murad), but he was listed as Muslim in the original post. So that shows one big problem with the original post. We don't know how that list was made, and some listed may of had parents from different religions. For all we know, many on the list could of been atheists or agnostics.

There are about 14 million Mormons (about the same as Jews), but I can't find one Nobel Prize among them.

So what's the point of the original post? I guess we can conclude that Jews are very well represented among Nobel Prize winners, but I don't see what it says about Muslims. Many Christian denominations do worse.

Just for fun, consider women. There are a lot more women (approx 50%) than Muslims (20%). And they've won a fair number of Nobel Prizes in medicine, literature, and peace. But only one in economics, and two in physics.

http://nobelprizes.com/nobel/women.html

So what have we learned? Anything?

16 Feb 2011 16:11 #16 by CinnamonGirl

Nmysys wrote: The Facts are annoying you CG!!

What is the point of the facts? I don't get what the point is. I would love to be enlightened.

16 Feb 2011 16:22 #17 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Facts are so annoying

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Nmysys wrote: The Facts are annoying you CG!!

What is the point of the facts? I don't get what the point is. I would love to be enlightened.

OT. I also would love to be enlightened. I have never understood why it is anyone's business what the motivation of the poster is, or why anyone cares.

16 Feb 2011 16:40 #18 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic Facts are so annoying
:yeahthat: :thumbsup: :biggrin:

16 Feb 2011 16:42 #19 by CinnamonGirl
This is not about motivation. I don't understand the topic.

16 Feb 2011 16:49 #20 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Facts are so annoying
Hopefully I don't offend you CG, but if you don't understand the discussion, maybe you should research it or go on to a topic that you do understand.

It would take many years to explain it to you, if at this stage of life you really don't understand it. Judaism is not my RACE! It is my religion!!!

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds