Conifer Park & Rec Sign Vandalized! See Photo

07 Mar 2011 19:47 #1 by BasketWeasel
One of our campaign signs was vandalized today. Wonder who might have done that! See photo at: http://noconiferrecdistrict.org/announcementsupdates

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Mar 2011 21:55 - 07 Mar 2011 22:19 #2 by daisypusher
My son came home and told me he saw a middle age white guy approach this sign. He was not sure if he walked up to it to view or actually tore it. He drove a white SUV between 2:45 and 3:15 today.

07 Mar 2011 22:01 #3 by Mayhem
VL is always bragging on destroying political signs :pop

07 Mar 2011 22:34 #4 by BasketWeasel

daisypusher wrote: My son came home and told me he saw a middle age white guy approach this sign. He was not sure if he walked up to it to view or actually tore it. He drove a white SUV between 2:45 and 3:15 today.

Thank you for the report. That may have been one of our people out there to repair the damage, though. But we appreciate you informing us of it.

We can't, of course, say for sure at the moment who did it, but by the appearance of the rip in the sign, it appears to have been done by someone opposed to its message.

08 Mar 2011 08:39 #5 by deltamrey
Local brain dead alcoholic thugs.......hummmm OK pseudo hippies looking for a reason to "carry on"....

08 Mar 2011 08:52 #6 by Grady

deltamrey wrote: Local brain dead alcoholic thugs.......hummmm OK pseudo hippies looking for a reason to "carry on"....

What the hell does that mean?

08 Mar 2011 08:53 #7 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Conifer Park & Rec Sign Vandalized! See Photo
Are you sure that it was vandalized? Maybe it was an elk or something.

08 Mar 2011 09:03 #8 by Mayhem

08 Mar 2011 09:13 #9 by AspenValley
Maybe it was someone opposed to it on grounds of aesthetics? That Pepto-Bismal pink color is a little... nausea-evoking.... :)

08 Mar 2011 09:19 #10 by kresspin
I think if someone really wanted to vandalize the sign they would have ripped the part with the URL, too.

It's a homemade sign. How much could the damage be in monetary terms? Looks like an elk tore off a piece to me.

Sometimes people vandalize their own signs just to get publicity for their cause, like a newspaper story. That way more people become aware than otherwise would have seen the actual sign.

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds