Conifer Park & Rec Sign Vandalized! See Photo

09 Mar 2011 08:43 #31 by daisypusher
Actually, I changed my mind. If they are excluded from the district then they are not a resident of the District regardless of taxes. That person should be found as not eligible. Perhaps a pro-rec center person can address this.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Mar 2011 11:07 #32 by Stymie
Finished my research on the people running for the board. Based on whitepages.com, Google maps, JeffCo Assessor property search:

4-Year Term

Kendra Hood - Property Exempt

Bill Turner - Nearest is in Englewood per Whitepages.com which I believe is out of the boundaries

Debra Maxwell West - Okay

2-Year Term

Ron Lewis - Doesn’t live in district

Robert Baxter - Across the street is exempt. How accurate is the exemption map?

Alison Thayer - Okay

Skip Shirlaw - Lives in Lakewood but don't have exact address, don’t believe it’s in district

09 Mar 2011 11:52 #33 by Martin Ent Inc
Pretty sure VL is behind it, he hates signs and brags about bashing them with a bat or worse.

09 Mar 2011 12:04 #34 by Local_Historian
Ron Lewis owns an assload of property in the district, all of it will be exempt.

09 Mar 2011 12:07 #35 by Grady

Local_Historian wrote: Ron Lewis owns an assload of property in the district, all of it will be exempt.

Where did you get that information?

09 Mar 2011 12:17 #36 by Stymie
Received more clarification. Robert Baxter's property is not exempt. I guess the map is pretty acurate. Skip (aka Maurice) Shirlaw is in the district. A neighbor is exempt but his property isn't.

10 Mar 2011 06:30 - 10 Mar 2011 11:46 #37 by NoNewTaxes
I am Robert Baxter

I live inside the district, and I OPPOSE the district. I want it to lose AGAIN.

I'm running so I can fight the tax from the inside. I will likely be one against four others but I will stand firm against their tax. I hope this thing looses so I don't have to serve at all, but if it does pass and I win a place, it's my sincere desire to be a great big pain in the Gluteus Maximus of the rec center board.

Please vote AGAINST the district and vote for me. Even if you support a no-tax district, then vote for me so I can fight to keep it no-tax.

Robert Baxter

10 Mar 2011 07:21 #38 by AspenValley
:wave:

NoNewTaxes wrote: I am Robert Baxter

I live inside the district, and I OPPOSE the district. I want it to loose AGAIN.

I'm running so I can fight the tax from the inside. I will likely be one against four others but I will stand firm against their tax. I hope this thing looses so I don't have to serve at all, but if it does pass and I win a place, it's my sincere desire to be a great big pain in the Gluteus Maximus of the rec center board.

Please vote AGAINST the district and vote for me. Even if you support a no-tax district, then vote for me so I can fight to keep it no-tax.

Robert Baxter

Sorry, Robert, but I just can't bring myself to vote for someone who doesn't know the difference between "lose" and "loose". :wave:

10 Mar 2011 11:06 #39 by Nmysys
Stymie:

Let me correct one thing you posted. I happen to know Skip Shirlaw and he lives in Morrison off HillView Rd. just above Meyer Ranch. I am not defending this position at all, just pointing out that he does live in the Conifer, Aspen Park Area.

10 Mar 2011 11:56 #40 by NoNewTaxes

AspenValley wrote: Sorry, Robert, but I just can't bring myself to vote for someone who doesn't know the difference between "lose" and "loose". :wave:

You mean good looks and charm aren't enough? I have to be able to SPELL and use the correct grammar too? Politics is tough. :biggrin:

BTW, I looked over the requirements for office. Being able to use proper grammer isn't one of them, so there! And unlike some people in REALLY HIGH office, at least I know how many states there are!
:bash
Thanks for pointing out my goof.  :Thanks:

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds