A woman running for IREA director seat

11 Mar 2011 18:16 #11 by Nmysys
Gee Printsmith, you chastised me and then I tried so hard to get your neighbor to explain his signature lines. The least you could have done was to compliment me on my attempt, but no!!!

I really didn't intend to chase him away!!

I have gotten a bunch of PMs from people questioning if something is wrong, because of this new and improved ME.

Apparently they liked me better when I was sarcastic, short-tempered, and contentious, instead of trying to find my feminine side!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Mar 2011 18:29 #12 by jf1acai

residenttroll wrote:

deltamrey wrote: IF you never served in harms way - you are not at all a real American

You're full of BS.

CriticalBill wrote: :yeahthat: :Loco:

:yeahthat:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

11 Mar 2011 20:56 #13 by guntottingliberal
PrintSmith, Thank you for your level-headed words. Are you a crisis negotiator?

Nmysys, I have never been credited with being a grate spellar. I feel like I just got mugged leaving a spelling bee. As for my signature, on pinecam I had some "Patriotic Americans" who were implying that since I care about the environment I somehow don't care about my country. If I care about the environment then I am some kind of treehugging commie. While I have proudly hugged several trees I am far from a communist. Most people are brainwashed into thinking that you can only have a healthy economy or a healthy environment, but not both. I think they are idiots with little imagination.

For my original avatar on pinecam I had a green American flag to state that I am an American and that I care about a clean, healthy environment. The moderators at pinecam told me that I had to remove the flag because I was offending military veterans on pinecam. Since they had not taken the time to ask me my veteran status, as PrintSmith suggested to you, I took it upon myself to let them know. That is the reason for the signature.

So let me ask you this Nmysys, what do you think about a woman running for the Board of Directors of IREA District 6? Or did you even read that part?

11 Mar 2011 21:05 #14 by jf1acai

...what do you think about a woman running for the Board of Directors of IREA District 6?

Not asked of me, but I will answer anyway.

I think it is great!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

12 Mar 2011 09:56 #15 by Nmysys
I am all for women candidates for all positions, Political or not!!!

I am a man, so I like women, am not intimidated by strong women, in the least, have actually many friends who are women, ladies mostly, though some may not be. I don't judge.

I do apologize for the way I came off, I am a strong Conservative, extremely vocal at all levels, from local issues to National, and to tell the truth, I actually respect those who's opinions differ from mine if they stand by a position and don't vacillate or flip-flop.

I actually am usually one of the first to welcome new-comers to the forum, so Welcome. I respect your Military Service and foremost being also a veteran.

I am not one of what we call, a Spelling Nazi, BTW, just thought the spelling of your screen name was comical.

12 Mar 2011 18:21 #16 by Blazer Bob

Nmysys wrote: I am all for women candidates for all positions, Political or not!!!

I second that althought I lean toward non-political positions. :biggrin:

12 Mar 2011 18:24 #17 by daisypusher

jf1acai wrote:

residenttroll wrote:

deltamrey wrote: IF you never served in harms way - you are not at all a real American

You're full of BS.

CriticalBill wrote: :yeahthat: :Loco:

12 Mar 2011 18:34 #18 by Local_Historian

deltamrey wrote: "I am an Honorably Discharged Veteran. I served 6 years active duty in the United States Navy. 5 years in the Naval Reserves. 8 years as a contractor for the United States Navy. And currently 2 years as a contractor for the US Dept of Commerce. I served my country and continue to serve my country. If you want to question my patriotism because you disagree with my views on the environment, first ask yourself what have you done for your country."

Great - hang it out there. Every time I have a draft dodger say "thanks for your service" I want to puke. Condensing BS. This community is rife with "new patriots" that never had a seat at the table but want to appear American (gutless). IF you never served in harms way - you are not at all a real American

I am also please a woman is running for IREA - the more the better.

Define what you see as a draft dodger- those guys who ran off to Canada, pretended to be gay, fakes an ailment, etc, or are you including those guys with families and real disabilities? (I will add I never understood the whole flat feet thing until I started working and was standing and walking all day.) Just curious.

Question on this ballot - is it based on 'districts"? Cause I only get to vote for Dozier or Matson on mine.

12 Mar 2011 18:37 #19 by Local_Historian
So.. women aren't Americans? Vast majority of women haven't served, nor have they been allowed to get in harm's way until recently. Clarify please?

12 Mar 2011 23:04 #20 by Residenttroll returns
I don't care whose running for IREA...as long as they don't sell out to the climate change or global warming agenda. I enjoyed my rebate check....

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds