A woman running for IREA director seat

10 Mar 2011 21:06 #1 by guntottingliberal
Wha-Wha-What?!!? A woman you say? Probably the first time in IREA history. Janet Spooner is running for the Board of Directors for District 6. District 6 is the area east of Denver. If she wins I bet that will cause more ripples at IREA than windmills and solar panels.

You go girl!

http://ourirea.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Mar 2011 08:50 #2 by deltamrey
"I am an Honorably Discharged Veteran. I served 6 years active duty in the United States Navy. 5 years in the Naval Reserves. 8 years as a contractor for the United States Navy. And currently 2 years as a contractor for the US Dept of Commerce. I served my country and continue to serve my country. If you want to question my patriotism because you disagree with my views on the environment, first ask yourself what have you done for your country."

Great - hang it out there. Every time I have a draft dodger say "thanks for your service" I want to puke. Condensing BS. This community is rife with "new patriots" that never had a seat at the table but want to appear American (gutless). IF you never served in harms way - you are not at all a real American

I am also please a woman is running for IREA - the more the better.

11 Mar 2011 11:41 #3 by Nmysys
How do you tott a gun, Liberal?

For someone who is bragging about two things, one having served for so long in the Navy, the other being a Patriotic Liberal, it concerns me that you can't spell and express yourself well enough through your screen name without having to spell out such nonsense on your signature tag line.

Just FYI it would be spelled properly as GuntotingLiberal, but then considering that I am a Conservative Army Veteran, what would I know???

11 Mar 2011 13:49 #4 by PrintSmith
Hey Nmy - in your endeavors to become a better you that you have expressed recently, I've got a suggestion for you. Rather than your current tack, you might consider asking GTL why that signature line has been chosen before you jump in with both feet swinging your virtual conservative bat. Once you know the why, if you choose to jump and swing at least you won't be doing so in total ignorance like you are at the moment. One must understand, or at least make an attempt to understand, something before any criticism of it has any chance of containing a shred of merit. You and GTL might not see eye to eye on issues anymore than LJ and I do, but that doesn't mean that GTL isn't a fine neighbor and deserving of respect for the service he has rendered the nation and its people.

I say this publicly because I'm trying to help a fellow conservative, and former Army grunt, be all that he can be as he strikes out into new territory. I know, or at least think I do, that you are a better person than your behavior here would indicate.

11 Mar 2011 13:55 #5 by Blazer Bob
I took it as tongue in cheek, but that's just me.

11 Mar 2011 14:00 #6 by jf1acai

tot verb
tot·ted tot·ting
Definition of TOT
transitive verb
: to add together : total —usually used with up <tots up the score>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/totting

Coupled with liberal I didn't even blink :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

11 Mar 2011 15:33 #7 by Nmysys
PS:

Having the utmost respect for you I probably should apologize to GunTottingLiberal, but please don't take what I said as an attack. It wasn't meant to be one on anything he or she had posted on the signature line. I really am trying hard to follow this new tact, hard for an old man to change his ways.

I have already defended the patriotic aspect in another thread. I actually thought my approach to the question was comical. I guess my sense of humor is skewed somewhat.

11 Mar 2011 16:26 #8 by Residenttroll returns

deltamrey wrote: IF you never served in harms way - you are not at all a real American

You're full of BS.

11 Mar 2011 16:33 #9 by Nmysys
Okay PS I am going to try to understand.

GunTottingLiberal:

Would you be kind enough to explain your signature lines?

I might explain that we on this forum are used to attacks and arguing and as a result, the image that you created, the result of which I have been chastised over, was not exactly the most favorable. Therefore, let's try to start over, by hopefully explaining and allowing us to know you.

11 Mar 2011 18:09 #10 by Rick

residenttroll wrote:

deltamrey wrote: IF you never served in harms way - you are not at all a real American

You're full of BS.

:yeahthat: :Loco:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds