Kindle Book Lending

02 Jul 2014 10:09 #41 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Kindle Book Lending
Does anyone have the Divergent series on Kindle that they'd be willing to lend (assuming it's one that's available to lend)? My son just finished reading The Hunger Games series (twice over) and he's looking for the next good series to read. If you have any other good young adult books you recommend, we'd appreciate those as well! We had a blast reading the entire Harry Potter series throughout the school year last year, so he seems to be gravitating toward fantasy/sci-fi, but he's a huge fan of military history/info as well.

He chose a Kindle as his reward for achieving Brown Belt in Taekwondo 6 months ago and he's rarely separated from it. :) We just signed up for the Summer Reading Program at Jeffco Public Library and we're going to look into borrowing e-books from there too, but I thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jul 2014 10:29 #42 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic Kindle Book Lending
Haven't read them myself, but a friend with teens said they just finished a series called Michael Vey, by Richard Paul Evans. www.amazon.com/Michael-Vey-Prisoner-Cell...id=1404318508&sr=1-5

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

01 Dec 2014 17:51 #43 by mentor
Replied by mentor on topic Kindle Book Lending
Thank you for this insightful info! I never knew how to do this! I am happy to share a list of what I have available to share also or you may call me, Iris at 303 847 0786
also, I like your quotes!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

02 Dec 2014 16:48 - 02 Dec 2014 16:48 #44 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Kindle Book Lending
Thanks for the reminder mentor! I've gotten a lot of books since this thread was started and am happy to share any it will let me! Here's the link on Amazon for how to do it again, so we don't have to hunt through the thread: www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display....94-918F-D1320DC235E5

Here's apparently what I have available:
The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner, Book 1) by James Dashner

The Power of Unpopular: A Guide to Building Your Brand for the Audience Who Will Love You (and why no one else matters) by Erika Napoletano

How to Knock Over a 7-Eleven and Other Ministry Training by Michael Cheshire

Why We Eat Our Own by Michael Cheshire

100 Easy Camping Recipes by Bonnie Scott

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Tom Sawyer's Comrade by Mark Twain

The Hunger Games trilogy: The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book Book 1) by Don Miguel Ruiz

We Are All Weird by Seth Godin

Fixing Climate: What Past Climate Changes Reveal About the Current Threat--and How to Counter It by Wallace S. Broecker, Robert Kunzig

Storms of My Grandchildren: The Truth about the Coming Climate Catastrophe and Our Last Chance to Save Humanity by James Hansen

Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands: Lessons in Non-Linear Leadership by Nancy Ortberg

By Reason of Insanity by Randy Singer

Fireflies in December by Jennifer Erin Valent

Sustainable Energy - Without the Hot Air by David J.C. MacKay

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Dec 2014 18:03 #45 by mentor
Replied by mentor on topic Kindle Book Lending
Thanks so much! Please call me for a list of what I have that you might want to borrow!
Thanks again for the info! :cheer:

02 Dec 2014 18:15 #46 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Kindle Book Lending
At this price I took a chance and downloaded it to my Kindle. I did not know this until recently but if search the kindle library for "free" there are about 64 thousand titles.

Outside
By Shalini Boland

A pulse-pounding dystopian tale set in post-apocalyptic Britain: Riley has always wondered what lies beyond the high-security perimeters of her community. But when tragedy forces her into the outside world, she can’t believe what awaits her... Over 200 five-star ratings on Goodreads!

Free!

02 Dec 2014 18:21 #47 by Blazer Bob
I get daily e-mails from here.

www.bookbub.com/ebook-deals/recommended

04 Dec 2014 18:13 #48 by Blazer Bob
I just got this. I figure for 99cents how bad could it be.

Not trying to be offensive but this looks more suited to you folks who see superheroes when they here the Avengers rather than
Emma Peal.

05 Dec 2014 20:07 #49 by Blazer Bob
Ever Shade
By Alexia Purdy

Fire-wielding faeries, a sinister queen, and a perilous mission through an enchanted land — join Shade as she battles evil and discovers her own extraordinary magic! A breathtaking tale with over 230 five-star reviews on Amazon.

Free!

The Seventh Pillar
By Alex Lukeman

A mission to stop a cataclysmic terror launches elite intelligence operatives Nick and Selena on a breakneck chase throughout the world. Can they stop a madman before he brings about the end of days?

Free!

06 Dec 2014 09:24 #50 by Blazer Bob
I have reservations about this one. Why use that title? Doesn't Jack Kerouac have it locked up. What is the world coming too when different books have the same title.

On the Road
By Angela White

Surviving the end of the world is nothing compared to the aftermath. Follow the trials and struggles of a group of survivors in this post-apocalyptic thriller with over 100 five-star Amazon reviews.

Free!

Wanted
By Nick Stephenson

Criminology expert Leopold’s vacation becomes a nightmare as he dodges a ruthless assassin and is framed for murder. Will he be able to clear his name — and stay out of the killer's crosshairs? With over 200 five-star reviews on Amazon.

Free!

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds