Deja Vu anyone?

22 May 2010 19:50 #11 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Deja Vu anyone?
Thx guys. It really was like Deja Vu today wasn't it. All the way back to the beginning. :)
It was a pleasure then and a pleasure now!
Sunshine Girl...fire that scanner up. I would love to have the help. It is always fun to work as a team.
Is this the beginning of our "scanner team" ? :) ))))))

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 May 2010 20:22 #12 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Deja Vu anyone?
There are still chat rooms available, and active, if anyone is interested. Try http://www.disastersupportvolunteers.co ... tlinks.php , and there are also others we can post if desired.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

22 May 2010 20:29 #13 by CC
THX Jack. Those may come in real handy if we have a major incident.

22 May 2010 20:37 #14 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Deja Vu anyone?

bandbvh wrote: Thx guys. It really was like Deja Vu today wasn't it. All the way back to the beginning. :)
It was a pleasure then and a pleasure now!
Sunshine Girl...fire that scanner up. I would love to have the help. It is always fun to work as a team.
Is this the beginning of our "scanner team" ? :) ))))))

I don't have a scanner though. We are both home a lot of the time so I quess it would be easy for us. Just gotta get one first. Any suggestions? Then of course I'll need a lesson - any volunteers?

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

22 May 2010 20:39 #15 by CC
Sunshine...you guys can actually listen right online. I will get a list of local feeds for you guys and post them in the Scanner area tomorrow. That way....everyone can listen and not have to rely on all of us.

22 May 2010 20:40 #16 by Sunshine Girl

Sunshine Girl wrote: I would love to offer my assistance Band if you need any. I agree with LopingAlong.... GREAT JOB TODAY ON THE SCANNER NEWS!!!!

I meant on the picnic front. I might not be the world's best griller (we'll leave that to you and MsMam), but I can organize, decorate, make amazing Margaritas and waitress. Need any of those? We could also help buy the food items. I'm so excited I can't wait! Sorry for the confusion. I would also like to help with scanning .... see my post below though.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

22 May 2010 20:42 #17 by CC
We can make it a pot luck and you can coordinate who brings what.

22 May 2010 20:42 - 22 May 2010 20:49 #18 by CC
The yard comes pre-decorated LOL

a sneak peek......

You are welcome to bring your snorkel gear

22 May 2010 20:45 #19 by Sunshine Girl

bandbvh wrote: We can make it a pot luck and you can coordinate who brings what.

That''s a great idea and easy as well! Let me quess....this isn't your first time hosting a big shin ding is it? :biggrin:

22 May 2010 20:51 #20 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Deja Vu anyone?
I would recommend listening to the online scanners first, before you buy anything. It would make you more familiar with the terminology used, and what you like or don't like about the online scanners.

They are a great resource, but like everything else they have their advantages and disadvantages.

Listen for a while, ask questions, and you will be better prepared to make a decision about whether, and what to buy.

I will be happy to offer whatever help I can.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds