A walk down memory lane.....

27 Jun 2010 14:58 #21 by The Viking
And who didn't have this Drive In song stuck in their head?

[youtube:18hpduoq]
[/youtube:18hpduoq]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jun 2010 15:00 #22 by The Viking
Am I the only one who finds this mildly disturbing?

[youtube:1mhatmuw]
[/youtube:1mhatmuw]

27 Jun 2010 15:13 #23 by The Viking
I had most of these as a kid except for the dolls.

[youtube:2a9d0w4x]
[/youtube:2a9d0w4x]

27 Jun 2010 16:12 #24 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic A walk down memory lane.....
I have a rotary phone in my garage and it works. Just lets me know when there is a call in the house. I never dial on it. Those things are indestructible. One thing I miss about the old days. I am sorry things were not as flimsy.

27 Jun 2010 17:23 #25 by serenity
Ah - memories - Local Hist you hit it right on the nose! I remember the Milkman and his family. Our family became friends for many many years with the Milkman's family. Milk, Eggs, Cheese, Butter - I had no idea he brought Ice Cream!

And, yes about the HERDS of children...and especially...the SHORTCUT!

All those little lines connecting backyards to one another - clearly proving the shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line connecting them!

I would go back there in a nanosecond... :dog:

To err is human, to forgive is canine~

27 Jun 2010 17:26 #26 by serenity
oops! Almost forgot Phony Phone Calls! No caller ID back then. Prince Albert in a can, etc.

27 Jun 2010 17:58 #27 by The Viking

serenity wrote: oops! Almost forgot Phony Phone Calls! No caller ID back then. Prince Albert in a can, etc.

Or one of our favotires was to call people and tell them we were with the phone company and there were problems with the lines so we would ask them to blow real hard into the phone. When they did, we said, 'Thanks, it should work now, you just blew all the bird s*** off the wires' and then die laughing and hang up. :lol:

27 Jun 2010 18:12 #28 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic A walk down memory lane.....

JMC wrote: Question to all. Would we trade?
I cherish my childhood memories and miss a lot but I still prefer the here and now.
I know "off topic"

Are you kidding me? I would trade in a heartbeat to be in the 50s 60s. I still don't own a cell phone. Give me a 283 chevy any day, I can climb in and change the spark plugs and set the dwell on the points, and use a timing light.

I would miss the TV remote control though, but that's it. Well maybe micro brew beer too.

I love 60s music on Sirrius, it is what keeps me going.

Nice thread too Viking!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

27 Jun 2010 18:20 #29 by pinedust

The Viking wrote: Or one of our favotires was to call people and tell them we were with the phone company and there were problems with the lines so we would ask them to blow real hard into the phone. When they did, we said, 'Thanks, it should work now, you just blew all the bird s*** off the wires' and then die laughing and hang up. :lol:

rofllol rofllol You really did that?

I remember Blue Chip Stamps, S&H Green stamps, gas wars, nickel ice cream cones at Thrifty, $1 fishing reals at Longs Drugs (both of those may have been a California thing), 3 plays for a quarter pinball, rotary phones, listening to Giants baseball games on a crystal radio from a kit, playing cards and a clothes pin in the spokes of my sting ray, playing doctor, writing everything down that happened on Gunsmoke when my dad had to work late, way too much poison oak, small town parades where people carried little American flags, lemon-aid and kool-aid stands, mean dogs, Lincoln Logs, going for rides in the car to "look at the hippies", building tree houses, playing baseball in the street and never keeping score, and whole sacks of candy for 35 cents.

27 Jun 2010 18:46 #30 by serenity

Joe wrote:

JMC wrote: I love 60s music on Sirrius, it is what keeps me going.

Me too Joe! I clean (when I clean) to channel 933 - Dish Network - songs from the 50's & 60's - and

I sing along!

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds