Need advice on a great car for up here...

29 Jun 2010 22:23 #11 by CC
I love my Ford Expedition. It is a tank in the snow. Great Wheel base. Drinks gas. holds lots of people and runs forever.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jun 2010 06:32 #12 by Cupcake
Toyota Sienna (mini-van) with a lift kit and knobby tires. The perfect vehicle for you!

30 Jun 2010 06:33 #13 by Cupcake
oh, wait - nevermind. That's MY dream machine....maybe I could live vicariously through you?

30 Jun 2010 06:51 #14 by Nobody that matters
Jeep Commander is a good option. My wife drives one. The traction control on the ice is incredible. It's roomy, yet has a really tight turning radius. The third row of seats is tight for an adult, although I rode in it. I'm 6'4".

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

30 Jun 2010 07:07 #15 by abc
When I moved here I had a V6 Dodge Caravan minivan with only front wheel drive and found it sluggish on the hills and not great in a snowstorm. I bought a used Ford Expedition two and a half years ago and I absolutely love it. It accelerates easily on the hills, holds lots of people and is great in the snow.

30 Jun 2010 07:40 #16 by CC
Got to agree with abc. I am on my 2nd expedition. It is my work vehicle so I need it to be stable and reliable. The only other car that I enjoyed as much as the Expedition was a full sized Bronco which they don't make anymore. You can have all of the bells and whistles you want in an Expedition from DVD players to heated seats. Low miles are great but.....If a Ford is well cared for on the maintenance end....say 1 owner for many years (and they usually are) miles are not a problem. My 99 Expedition has 340k miles on it. It is still in the driveway but I finally wore the tranny out . The motor is still very sound in it.
We will get a new tranny when we get a chance and use it to pull the boat or a 2nd car.

30 Jun 2010 07:46 #17 by Grady

30 Jun 2010 08:12 #18 by Sunshine Girl

Grady wrote:

How cute is that!?! My daughter wants to own one of those.

Great ideas! I never considered the Ford Expedition. :thumbsup:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

30 Jun 2010 08:33 #19 by CC
Hey...I have a 74 vw convertable I will sell ya.

30 Jun 2010 11:41 #20 by Sunshine Girl
sent you a pm Becky

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds