Thank you in advance

08 Feb 2012 09:49 #41 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Thank you in advance

Becky wrote: [youtube:37t0dccu]

[/youtube:37t0dccu]

Science Chic wrote: I saw a few concerns in here that I felt I needed to address.

Becky wrote: If you must know....my issue with this website is personal.
I am speaking for myself here.
Much has gone on behind the scenes with this website in the recent past.
Personal threats and other unsavory behavior.
Things have gone on that the public has a right to know.

I'm confused Becky. I made the offer to you to make everything public, PM's and all, nothing hidden or held back, so everyone could decide for themselves, yet you refused. Do you wish to change your decision, because the offer still stands?

Becky wrote: The fact that information is not being posted directly here is. in my opinion, something that the public also has a right to know.

I am sorry, I'm not sure what you mean? Are you talking about scanners? If there is any information that anyone wishes about our scanners, we are happy to talk to them, please feel free to contact us. In fact, we are always looking for people who have time to listen to feeds and are willing to help out! We get information from many sources so if you could clarify or contact us we would be glad answer any questions.

Becky wrote: We have agreed, in the interest of the community, to have that information duplicated here with proper credit to the group providing that information under the "Fair Use Doctrine". (something you might not understand)
Many volunteers have worked tirelessly to help this website be the best it can be. There is a growing belief amongst many of those volunteers that their efforts are somewhat less than appreciated and those individuals have been summarily discarded, much in the same manner they were discarded 10 years ago.
It is interesting to me to watch history repeat itself without any lessons learned along the way.
The frustration lays with the fact that we juggle a public's need for information against the fact that owners and admins here don't value the time required or interruption to daily lives to listen to these scanners or the commitment many people make to the community to be willing to give of their time in this manner.

Absolutely many volunteers have worked very hard for both this website, and for the community, and for that we have always been grateful. I'm sorry if that's how you think I feel about the multitude of volunteers who provide invaluable assistance with this website/business, but it is absolutely not the way I actually feel about the time and effort of each volunteer. I have expressed nothing but gratitude and appreciation to everyone who has contributed to this site, volunteer and member alike, both publicly and privately.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=139&...you+scanners#p102117 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=139&t=9939&p=102117&hilit=thank+you+scanners#p102117<!-- l -->
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t...u+volunteers#p131059 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10075&p=131059&hilit=thank+you+volunteers#p131059<!-- l -->
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=...u+volunteers#p140397 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13067&p=140397&hilit=thank+you+volunteers#p140397<!-- l -->
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=139&...u+volunteers#p146266 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=139&t=13494&p=146266&hilit=thank+you+volunteers#p146266<!-- l -->
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=139&...r+team+best&start=60 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=139&t=10320&hilit=scanner+team+best&start=60<!-- l -->
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=17280 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=139&t=17280<!-- l -->

I don't know the details of what happened to you 10 years ago, but am not sure why you believe it has anything to do with 285Bound or any of the staff, volunteers, moderators, or admins here at 285Bound. As far as I was told you quit the scanner team. <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t...scanner+team#p189502 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10075&p=189502&hilit=scanner+team#p189502<!-- l -->

As you stated in your very first sentence Becky, your issue is personal and you were speaking for yourself in this post. I again state my heartfelt gratitude and appreciation for your efforts. To me, none of these personal issues extend to DSV in any way, shape, or form; I wish them the best of luck in developing a better, more integrated service that provides assistance for many any areas they can help and look forward to the day when 285Bound can enjoy some of those improvements.

Until then, we remain committed to working with them to share their information in as timely and fair a fashion as possible and commend them for their hard work and dedication, and we want to let you all know that we are always open to new help/volunteers working to make this site the best that it can be for the community, both its people, and its businesses. Thank you.

Sorry, forgot to quote your response so here it is.............(the video)

:heart: RIP :heart: Victims:

1. Ryan Clark (22) Martinez, Georgia
—senior in Psych/Biology/English
2. Emily Hilscher (19) Woodville, Virginia
—freshman in Animal Sciences
3. Minal Panchal (26) Mumbai, India
—masters student in Architecture
4. G. V. Loganathan (53) Erode, Tamil Nadu, India
—professor of Engineering
5. Jarrett Lane (22) Narrows, Virginia
—senior in Civil Engineering
6. Brian Bluhm (25) Louisville, Kentucky
—masters student in Civil Engineering
7. Matthew Gwaltney (24) Chesterfield County, Virginia
—masters student in Environmental Engineering
8. Jeremy Herbstritt (27) Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
9. Partahi Lumbantoruan (34) Medan, Indonesia
—PhD student in Civil Engineering
10. Daniel O'Neil (22) Lincoln, Rhode Island
—masters student in Environmental Engineering
11. Juan Ortiz (26) Bayamón, Puerto Rico[25]
12. Julia Pryde (23) Middletown, New Jersey
—masters student in Biological Systems Engineering
13. Waleed Shaalan (32) Zagazig, Egypt
—PhD student in Civil Engineering
14. Jamie Bishop (35) Pine Mountain, Georgia
—German instructor
15. Lauren McCain (20) Hampton, Virginia
—freshman in International Studies
16. Michael Pohle Jr. (23) Flemington, New Jersey
—senior in Biological Sciences
17. Maxine Turner (22) Vienna, Virginia
—senior in Chemical Engineering
18. Nicole White (20) Smithfield, Virginia
—junior in International Studies
19. Liviu Librescu (76) Ploieşti, Romania
20. Jocelyne Couture-Nowak (49) Yarmouth, Nova Scotia
—professor of French
21. Ross Alameddine (20) Saugus, Massachusetts
—sophomore in English/Business
22. Austin Cloyd (18) Champaign, Illinois
—freshman in Int'l Studies/French
23. Daniel Perez Cueva (21) Woodbridge, Virginia
—junior in International Studies
24. Caitlin Hammaren (19) Westtown, New York
—sophomore in Int'l Studies/French
25. Rachael Hill (18) Richmond, Virginia
—freshman in Biological Sciences
26. Matthew La Porte (20) Dumont, New Jersey
—sophomore in Political Science
27. Henry Lee (20) Roanoke, Virginia/Vietnam
—freshman in Computer Engineering
28. Erin Peterson (18) Centreville, Virginia
—freshman in International Studies
29. Mary Karen Read (19) Annandale, Virginia
—freshman in Interdisciplinary Studies
30. Reema Samaha (18) Centreville, Virginia
—freshman in Urban Planning
31. Leslie Sherman (20) Springfield, Virginia
—junior in History/Int'l Studies
32. Kevin Granata (45) Toledo, Ohio

Perpetrator (suicide) i.e. NOT A VICTIM!!!!!
1. Seung-Hui Cho (23) Centreville, Virginia
—senior in English

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Feb 2012 10:34 #42 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Thank you in advance
The point of the youtube was the lyrics to the song.

there's something happinin here
what it is aint exactly clear
theres a man with a gun over there
tellin me i got to beware

i think it's time we stop, children
what's that sound
everybody look what's goin down

there's battle lines being drawn
nobody's right if everybody's wrong
young people speakin there minds
getting so much resistance far behind

it's time we stop,
hey what's that sound

what a field day for the heat
a thousand people in the street
singin songs that they carry inside
mostly say hurray for our side

it's time we stop,
hey what's that sound

there are lawyer strikes deep
into your life it will creep
it starts when your always afraid
step out of line the man come and take you away

you better stop
hey what's that sound
everybody look what's going down x4

The video was simply chosen because an add was not attached to the beginning. Sorry for any confusion. Hope this clears things a bit.

08 Feb 2012 10:40 - 08 Feb 2012 10:53 #43 by Sunshine Girl

Becky wrote: The point of the youtube was the lyrics to the song.

there's something happinin here
what it is aint exactly clear
theres a man with a gun over there
tellin me i got to beware

what's that sound

it's time we stop,
hey what's that sound

what a field day for the heat
a thousand people in the street
singin songs that they carry inside
mostly say hurray for our side

it's time we stop,
hey what's that sound

there are lawyer strikes deep
into your life it will creep
it starts when your always afraid
step out of line the man come and take you away

you better stop
hey what's that sound
everybody look what's going down x4

The video was simply chosen because an add was not attached to the beginning. Sorry for any confusion. Hope this clears things a bit.

The video is offensive......period. IMO

I'm not one for being cryptic.

Here are the lyrics you highlighted:

what's that sound

Children????? That sounds about right to me from what I've read. What do YOU think is "going down" at this site?

Battle lines? Who is drawing the battle lines? What is the battle? I think SC wants to bring whatever issue you have with her out into the open and discuss it. I think you should since you have an issue. Cryptic lyrics and offensive videos won't fix any issues you might have. I agree with you........SPEAK YOUR MIND and let her speak hers. Settle the issue if you can and move on if you can't. There is NO WAY in h*ll though that you can make her (or try to force her) to run this site how YOU want her to do it. It's HER site! I don't see any problems with it myself. I think this site is run 100 times better than others I've seen and she works very hard to make it a great site. In the end you won't be able to please everyone. Those not pleased are more than free to start their own site though.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

08 Feb 2012 10:52 #44 by CC
[youtube:1dh800hv]
[/youtube:1dh800hv]

08 Feb 2012 10:56 #45 by Sunshine Girl
Much better. I hated seeing that killers face again.

08 Feb 2012 10:59 #46 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Thank you in advance

Science Chic wrote: I saw a few concerns in here that I felt I needed to address.

Becky wrote: If you must know....my issue with this website is personal.
I am speaking for myself here.
Much has gone on behind the scenes with this website in the recent past.
Personal threats and other unsavory behavior.
Things have gone on that the public has a right to know.

Science Chic wrote: I'm confused Becky. I made the offer to you to make everything public, PM's and all, nothing hidden or held back, so everyone could decide for themselves, yet you refused. Do you wish to change your decision, because the offer still stands?

I made the same offer. It was refused. It still stands.

08 Feb 2012 11:02 #47 by CC
I am trying real hard to not post what I have in word right now but if you two want to keep misrepresenting the situation and facts of that situation.....I am happy to post my bridge burner.

09 Feb 2012 12:09 #48 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Thank you in advance

Becky wrote: I am trying real hard to not post what I have in word right now but if you two want to keep misrepresenting the situation and facts of that situation.....I am happy to post my bridge burner.

I'm sorry Becky but this statement is ambiguous, can you please clarify what situation or what facts it is that are being misrepresented? I don't want to assume that I know what you mean and start replying on an unrelated tangent. As far as I knew, you asked for apologies, both public and private and you got them, and I thought that this case was closed. Apparently that is not the case, so if you could please help me understand what it is that you want, I'm more than happy to try to address it.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Feb 2012 01:10 - 10 Feb 2012 09:34 #49 by JSG
Replied by JSG on topic Thank you in advance
:popcorn:

Becky wrote: I am trying real hard to not post what I have in word right now but
if you two want to keep misrepresenting the situation and facts
of that situation.....I am happy to post my bridge burner.

10 Feb 2012 07:19 #50 by CC
It is always very sad to realize that people you thought you knew aren't the people you hoped they would be.
nuf said

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds