Thank you in advance

05 Feb 2012 17:25 #31 by JSG
Replied by JSG on topic Thank you in advance
You hide it well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Feb 2012 17:26 #32 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Thank you in advance
You don't

05 Feb 2012 17:29 #33 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Thank you in advance

JSG wrote: Especially when you could have waited for the correct information after they arrived and THEN posted it. It's not like people are driving around on Evergreen Parkway monitoring 285Bound. But hey, you had to be first with it, didn't you?

Yes, we could wait until it is all cleaned up and still get it wrong, like TDC.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

05 Feb 2012 17:37 - 05 Feb 2012 18:17 #34 by JSG
Replied by JSG on topic Thank you in advance
Dude, you lost me on that one. I have no idea who TDC is. What I said was wait until the first units arrive, not until it's cleaned up. It would save having to issue a correction on what you overheard.

Back to the OP: Thanks, 285Bound for everything you do and will do in the future. I've enjoyed reading this web site immensely.

05 Feb 2012 17:41 #35 by CC

mountaindollar wrote: What to say thank you to all of our scanner people that are sure to be busy as the day goes on and tomorrow.

I will be one of those people that will be looking for road conditions tomorrow as I make my way over to Evergreen.

Hope you stocked up on coffee I think you might need it!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Kim

Actually......

06 Feb 2012 16:36 #36 by CC
I am amazed that we can have so much snow last week and such a quiet few days and a little snow today and no one can seem to stay on the roads. Be careful if you have to head south today.....it is down right ugly out there.

06 Feb 2012 21:49 #37 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Thank you in advance
Not sure what all the BS in this thread is about, BUT I do appreciate scanner info although like JSG (?) said, I usually don't read forums when I'm out, and I appreciate this site 100% and everything they do. CG, JMC, and SC have provided an excellent alternative to another site and IMHO, this site is run very well!

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

07 Feb 2012 11:46 #38 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Thank you in advance
I saw a few concerns in here that I felt I needed to address.

Becky wrote: If you must know....my issue with this website is personal.
I am speaking for myself here.
Much has gone on behind the scenes with this website in the recent past.
Personal threats and other unsavory behavior.
Things have gone on that the public has a right to know.

I'm confused Becky. I made the offer to you to make everything public, PM's and all, nothing hidden or held back, so everyone could decide for themselves, yet you refused. Do you wish to change your decision, because the offer still stands?

Becky wrote: The fact that information is not being posted directly here is. in my opinion, something that the public also has a right to know.

I am sorry, I'm not sure what you mean? Are you talking about scanners? If there is any information that anyone wishes about our scanners, we are happy to talk to them, please feel free to contact us. In fact, we are always looking for people who have time to listen to feeds and are willing to help out! We get information from many sources so if you could clarify or contact us we would be glad answer any questions.

Becky wrote: We have agreed, in the interest of the community, to have that information duplicated here with proper credit to the group providing that information under the "Fair Use Doctrine". (something you might not understand)
Many volunteers have worked tirelessly to help this website be the best it can be. There is a growing belief amongst many of those volunteers that their efforts are somewhat less than appreciated and those individuals have been summarily discarded, much in the same manner they were discarded 10 years ago.
It is interesting to me to watch history repeat itself without any lessons learned along the way.
The frustration lays with the fact that we juggle a public's need for information against the fact that owners and admins here don't value the time required or interruption to daily lives to listen to these scanners or the commitment many people make to the community to be willing to give of their time in this manner.

Absolutely many volunteers have worked very hard for both this website, and for the community, and for that we have always been grateful. I'm sorry if that's how you think I feel about the multitude of volunteers who provide invaluable assistance with this website/business, but it is absolutely not the way I actually feel about the time and effort of each volunteer. I have expressed nothing but gratitude and appreciation to everyone who has contributed to this site, volunteer and member alike, both publicly and privately.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=139&...you+scanners#p102117 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=139&t=9939&p=102117&hilit=thank+you+scanners#p102117<!-- l -->
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t...u+volunteers#p131059 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10075&p=131059&hilit=thank+you+volunteers#p131059<!-- l -->
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=...u+volunteers#p140397 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13067&p=140397&hilit=thank+you+volunteers#p140397<!-- l -->
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=139&...u+volunteers#p146266 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=139&t=13494&p=146266&hilit=thank+you+volunteers#p146266<!-- l -->
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=139&...r+team+best&start=60 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=139&t=10320&hilit=scanner+team+best&start=60<!-- l -->
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=17280 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=139&t=17280<!-- l -->

I don't know the details of what happened to you 10 years ago, but am not sure why you believe it has anything to do with 285Bound or any of the staff, volunteers, moderators, or admins here at 285Bound. As far as I was told you quit the scanner team. <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t...scanner+team#p189502 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10075&p=189502&hilit=scanner+team#p189502<!-- l -->

As you stated in your very first sentence Becky, your issue is personal and you were speaking for yourself in this post. I again state my heartfelt gratitude and appreciation for your efforts. To me, none of these personal issues extend to DSV in any way, shape, or form; I wish them the best of luck in developing a better, more integrated service that provides assistance for many any areas they can help and look forward to the day when 285Bound can enjoy some of those improvements.

Until then, we remain committed to working with them to share their information in as timely and fair a fashion as possible and commend them for their hard work and dedication, and we want to let you all know that we are always open to new help/volunteers working to make this site the best that it can be for the community, both its people, and its businesses. Thank you.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Feb 2012 21:20 #39 by CC
[youtube:3qjk84m7]
[/youtube:3qjk84m7]

Science Chic wrote: I saw a few concerns in here that I felt I needed to address.

Becky wrote: If you must know....my issue with this website is personal.
I am speaking for myself here.
Much has gone on behind the scenes with this website in the recent past.
Personal threats and other unsavory behavior.
Things have gone on that the public has a right to know.

I'm confused Becky. I made the offer to you to make everything public, PM's and all, nothing hidden or held back, so everyone could decide for themselves, yet you refused. Do you wish to change your decision, because the offer still stands?

Becky wrote: The fact that information is not being posted directly here is. in my opinion, something that the public also has a right to know.

I am sorry, I'm not sure what you mean? Are you talking about scanners? If there is any information that anyone wishes about our scanners, we are happy to talk to them, please feel free to contact us. In fact, we are always looking for people who have time to listen to feeds and are willing to help out! We get information from many sources so if you could clarify or contact us we would be glad answer any questions.

Becky wrote: We have agreed, in the interest of the community, to have that information duplicated here with proper credit to the group providing that information under the "Fair Use Doctrine". (something you might not understand)
Many volunteers have worked tirelessly to help this website be the best it can be. There is a growing belief amongst many of those volunteers that their efforts are somewhat less than appreciated and those individuals have been summarily discarded, much in the same manner they were discarded 10 years ago.
It is interesting to me to watch history repeat itself without any lessons learned along the way.
The frustration lays with the fact that we juggle a public's need for information against the fact that owners and admins here don't value the time required or interruption to daily lives to listen to these scanners or the commitment many people make to the community to be willing to give of their time in this manner.

Absolutely many volunteers have worked very hard for both this website, and for the community, and for that we have always been grateful. I'm sorry if that's how you think I feel about the multitude of volunteers who provide invaluable assistance with this website/business, but it is absolutely not the way I actually feel about the time and effort of each volunteer. I have expressed nothing but gratitude and appreciation to everyone who has contributed to this site, volunteer and member alike, both publicly and privately.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=139&...you+scanners#p102117 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=139&t=9939&p=102117&hilit=thank+you+scanners#p102117<!-- l -->
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t...u+volunteers#p131059 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10075&p=131059&hilit=thank+you+volunteers#p131059<!-- l -->
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=...u+volunteers#p140397 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13067&p=140397&hilit=thank+you+volunteers#p140397<!-- l -->
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=139&...u+volunteers#p146266 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=139&t=13494&p=146266&hilit=thank+you+volunteers#p146266<!-- l -->
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=139&...r+team+best&start=60 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=139&t=10320&hilit=scanner+team+best&start=60<!-- l -->
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=17280 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=139&t=17280<!-- l -->

I don't know the details of what happened to you 10 years ago, but am not sure why you believe it has anything to do with 285Bound or any of the staff, volunteers, moderators, or admins here at 285Bound. As far as I was told you quit the scanner team. <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t...scanner+team#p189502 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10075&p=189502&hilit=scanner+team#p189502<!-- l -->

As you stated in your very first sentence Becky, your issue is personal and you were speaking for yourself in this post. I again state my heartfelt gratitude and appreciation for your efforts. To me, none of these personal issues extend to DSV in any way, shape, or form; I wish them the best of luck in developing a better, more integrated service that provides assistance for many any areas they can help and look forward to the day when 285Bound can enjoy some of those improvements.

Until then, we remain committed to working with them to share their information in as timely and fair a fashion as possible and commend them for their hard work and dedication, and we want to let you all know that we are always open to new help/volunteers working to make this site the best that it can be for the community, both its people, and its businesses. Thank you.

08 Feb 2012 09:39 - 08 Feb 2012 09:55 #40 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic Thank you in advance
Wow, I watched the first minute or so of this video just out of curiosity and I can honestly say how disgusted I am that you would post that video Becky. I'm not sure what all the animosity is about regarding 285Bound and the scanner team, but I think SC was very professional and polite in her posts to you regarding trying to clarify the matter.

The part of the video (from the little that I could stomach) that I found the most uncalled for, childish, and just completely stupid was the part showing Seung-Hui Cho who killed 32 people and wounded 25 others during his massacre at Virginia Tech. The people who died, and were wounded, were TRUE victims. You are NOT a victim. I had gone back to school, and was also working at the school (in AZ) the day this happened, and I remember it as clearly as if it were yesterday. I don't know the intent or meaning behind posting this video, but I think it's laughable.

If you want to answer and address SC's responses like a mature and professional person then that would be great. This is the opposite IMHO of someone who is mature and professional. If you don't like 285Bound, CG, JMC, or SC then no one is "holding a gun" to your head to stick around. This IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS. This business belongs to one person, and one person only - SC. I hardly think anyone is going to come into your business and tell you (or throw a temper tantrum) how to run it. Get over it!

"Give peace a chance." :crossed: Quit b*tching about this site and that just might work. :wink: :faint:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds