Thank you in advance

05 Feb 2012 14:00 #21 by JSG
Replied by JSG on topic Thank you in advance
Please point out where I was condescending in this exchange.

It's not that I think the information is not worthy of me, as you stated. It is just I don't need to know about every little thing that comes out across the scanner. And again, I thank this website for filtering out all the crap and just giving us what is important. I appreciate getting the email alerts from them when something big is happening.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Feb 2012 14:51 #22 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Thank you in advance
What exactly did this website filter out for you?
I have to agree....you do sound a bit condescending here.
As far as i know....this website is still linking to exactly what has always been posted here.
Could you please point out where scanner monitors have posted "every little thing" they hear?
Accidents and fires are posted here or at DSV. That's it.
If you don't find that information helpful to you, DON'T click on the link.
Do you have a problem with non profits, scanner information or DSV personally?

05 Feb 2012 15:13 #23 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic Thank you in advance
I think the information is very helpful and the scanner folks have always been very helpful.

When I did not know the mile markers they educated me on where to look.

Love you guys keep up the good work!!!!

05 Feb 2012 15:45 #24 by CC
It is a pleasure to help the community in this manner. Always feel free to let us know how we can do this better for you.

05 Feb 2012 16:19 #25 by JSG

Becky wrote: Could you please point out where scanner monitors have posted "every little thing" they hear?

Do people really need to know minutia like this?

jf1acai wrote: All parties out of vehicles and denying medical treatment.

Becky wrote: As far as i know....this website is still linking to exactly what has always been posted here.

Then why did you complain about 285Bound earlier and why do you presume to tell them where posts should go?

Becky wrote: They have just neglected to tell you who and where that information is being provided by.

And why did you jump in to slam 28Bound on a "Thank you in advance" discussion??

Becky wrote: I am very disappointed in what I feel is an attempt to manipulate information meant for all registered members here.
Scanner information is, in my opinion, a critical service to this community and several attempts have been made to help this community find that information in a timely fashion and on both occasions, those posts have been moved to, in my opinion, to obscure locations.
Is there a reason that the management here does not want it's registered members to be aware of changes that have occurred here at this website?

Becky wrote: In my opinion.....the integrity of this site is in a great deal of question right now.

Sounds like you're the one who has a problem with 285Bound.

Cue the frogger personality.

05 Feb 2012 16:59 #26 by CC

Becky wrote:
As far as i know....this website is still linking to exactly what has always been posted here.

Then why did you complain about them earlier and why do you presume to tell them where posts should go? It's their website, not yours.

Becky wrote:
I am very disappointed in what I feel is an attempt to manipulate information meant for all registered members here.
Scanner information is, in my opinion, a critical service to this community and several attempts have been made to help this community find that information in a timely fashion and on both occasions, those posts have been moved to, in my opinion, to obscure locations.
Is there a reason that the management here does not want it's registered members to be aware of changes that have occurred here at this website?

Becky wrote:
They have just neglected to tell you who and where that information is being provided by.

(It is hard to respond to someone who edits faster than individuals can respond)

If you must know....my issue with this website is personal.
I am speaking for myself here.
Much has gone on behind the scenes with this website in the recent past.
Personal threats and other unsavory behavior.
Things have gone on that the public has a right to know.
The fact that information is not being posted directly here is. in my opinion, something that the public also has a right to know.
We have agreed, in the interest of the community, to have that information duplicated here with proper credit to the group providing that information under the "Fair Use Doctrine". (something you might not understand)
Many volunteers have worked tirelessly to help this website be the best it can be. There is a growing belief amongst many of those volunteers that their efforts are somewhat less than appreciated and those individuals have been summarily discarded, much in the same manner they were discarded 10 years ago.
It is interesting to me to watch history repeat itself without any lessons learned along the way.
The frustration lays with the fact that we juggle a public's need for information against the fact that owners and admins here don't value the time required or interruption to daily lives to listen to these scanners or the commitment many people make to the community to be willing to give of their time in this manner.
You commented earlier on not wanting to hear everything that comes over the scanners.
I can assure you that you are not bothered with the multiple suicide attempts, DOA's, over doses, heart attacks, and other life changing events that are hard for all of us to listen to each and every day.
You are not affected by the hitting of a mute button in the middle of a Super Bowl when tones go out that change the lives of your neighbors.
This conversation reminds me a lot of conversations 10 years ago. Sound familiar?
(cue whichever nic of the week)

05 Feb 2012 17:06 #27 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Thank you in advance

JSG wrote: Do people really need to know minutia like this?

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:28 pm Post subject: Evergreen Parkway/Crash/Safeway
Crews are responding to a reported multivehicle crash with injuries on Evergreen Parkway in front of Safeway.

<snip>

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:33 pm Post subject:
All parties out of vehicles and denying medical treatment.

I believe so, when it corrects information given in the original tone out.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

05 Feb 2012 17:07 #28 by CC
Facts are pesky things...aren't they?

05 Feb 2012 17:20 - 05 Feb 2012 17:22 #29 by JSG
Nick of the week? You've had three in the last week, so you have no room to criticize.

Yeah, they are. Especially when you could have waited for the correct information after they arrived and THEN posted it. It's not like people are driving around on Evergreen Parkway monitoring 285Bound. But hey, you had to be first with it, didn't you?

05 Feb 2012 17:22 #30 by CC
Yep. We pride ourselves in being first and THE MOST ACCURATE!

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds