Lower North Fork Fire & Prescribed Fire Review

27 Mar 2012 16:34 #141 by Grady

Science Chic wrote: Did anybody else notice these sentences in the Jeffco Sheriff's update and wonder what was going on? Why a homicide investigation team partnering with the CO Bureau of Investigation?

The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office has a homicide team conducting a complete death investigation.

The Sheriff's Office is also partnering with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to investigate the circumstances surrounding the origin of the fire.

Not sure But I would think it's SOP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Mar 2012 16:46 #142 by ScienceChic
I was thinking maybe the regular investigators were just swamped helping, rather than it being SOP. Wouldn't they usually have probable cause before turning it over to homicide? I don't know, it was just really curious to me that CBI was involved.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Mar 2012 16:48 #143 by HappyCamper
Could someone tell me if the evacuations on on Jennings road are mandatory or just get ready in case?

We have friends that live there and have not been able to get a hold of them they could be away for spring break.

27 Mar 2012 16:51 #144 by MountainTownAlerts
Per Denver post an hour ago.

The new areas under pre-evacuation notice include: Dear Creek Mesa, Deer Creek Canyon Park, Homewood Park, Hilldale Pines, South Murphy Gulch Road, Watson Gulch Road, southeast of South Turkey Creek Road, White Deer Valley and Jennings Road.

Read more: Colorado wildfire: Names of two victims in Lower North Fork Fire released - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ ... z1qMP3s4aO

27 Mar 2012 17:06 #146 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Lower North Fork Fire & Prescribed Fire Review
I just heard Channel Channel four was getting complaints about them breaking into dr phil for the press conference.

27 Mar 2012 17:21 #147 by CinnamonGirl

27 Mar 2012 18:08 #148 by Martin Ent Inc

HappyCamper wrote: Could someone tell me if the evacuations on on Jennings road are mandatory or just get ready in case?

We have friends that live there and have not been able to get a hold of them they could be away for spring break.

You do realize there is no such thing as MANDATORY. You can stay, but if you leave you cannot go back.

27 Mar 2012 18:24 #149 by Mtn Gramma

Grady For Elk Creek Fire wrote:

Science Chic wrote: Did anybody else notice these sentences in the Jeffco Sheriff's update and wonder what was going on? Why a homicide investigation team partnering with the CO Bureau of Investigation?

The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office has a homicide team conducting a complete death investigation.

The Sheriff's Office is also partnering with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to investigate the circumstances surrounding the origin of the fire.

Not sure But I would think it's SOP.

Yes to SOP. Any unattended death is investigated to determine the cause.

CBI is investigating the origin of the fire, not the deaths. They will confirm or deny that it was the prescribed burn.

An interesting thing I saw on 9News at 4. They said the prescribed burn was a "donut hole" burn a couple miles south of Meyer Ranch Open Space (north of Pleasant Park, west of Hilldale Pines), not anywhere NEAR as southerly as the perceived point of origin. No explanation was given on the difference.

27 Mar 2012 18:45 #150 by ProudGammy
Anybody think the fire will cross 285? I'm debating on loading up the family and heading down the hill or not. If it crosses I'm in trouble, if not I'm ok.
I feel so bad for all those people in the evac zone, and who have lost thier homes. This is all so scary.
my thoughts and prayers out to all.

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds