Lower North Fork Fire & Prescribed Fire Review

26 Mar 2012 22:01 #71 by CC
If anyone needs a place to stay....we have a big 5th wheel here on the property and room here at the house for at least 8 folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Mar 2012 22:03 #72 by CC
Per Twitter...

"per twitter: - Jeffcosheriffco ‏ @jeffcosheriffco Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Residents living south of highway 285 in the area of the #LowerNorthForkFire are being asked to be prepared to evacuate."

26 Mar 2012 22:08 #73 by Local_Historian
Just now from the sheriff's feed - those who live on the North side of Foxton Road are NOT being allowed in, those who live on the SOUTH side of Foxton road are being let through.

Fire is still 14/ to 1/2 mile above Dome Rock.

26 Mar 2012 22:18 #74 by pineinthegrass

netdude wrote: It came up a lot faster than anyone expected.... We drove out from house (we live 4 miles up Kuehster)... with flames on both side of the road and 'maybe' 20' visibility. House is most likely gone, like many up Kuehster... Only hope is that everyone got out ok like us....

Geeze. So sorry to hear this netdude.

Glad you all got out and hope the neighbors did too, and hoping the house and your neighbor's homes are still there!

Before I saw big smoke, now I'm reading about big harm to people in the path. I'm hearing 900 homes evacuated now on channel 9. So sad to hear! Please, hope all are safe...

26 Mar 2012 22:21 #76 by MountainTownAlerts
Per Twitter:

Currently 14 dogs, 6 cats housed in Conifer High. Still some cages available, but space becoming tight, officials said.

26 Mar 2012 22:44 #77 by CC

26 Mar 2012 22:45 #78 by MountainTownAlerts
The winds have diminished considerably after gusting from 90 mph in the foothills and 60 on the plains Tuesday afternoon. The warm, dry winds have dried out brush and other potential fire fuel in the area, and wildfire will be a major concern until we get some significant moisture.
Firefighters prepositioned equipment in advance of Tuesday's fires. An air tanker capable of dropping close to 2,000 gallons of retardant has been staged at Rocky Mountain Airport in Jefferson County. The tanker base at the airport has also been activated to help firefighters respond to fires that breakout.

More here. http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/30 ... etail.html

26 Mar 2012 22:51 #79 by CC
I have to say that I have listened to a lot of fires over the years but I have never seen a bigger cluster than what we have heard today.
Multiple IC's. Multiple frequencies for command channels. Repeated changing of IC locations and staging location. Lost crews. A complete lack of communication across the board.
My deepest thanks to those who were out there risking their lives for all of us today.
Shame on Jeffco for the lack of leadership they provided

Sorry...Just think this whole thing could have been handled very differently. (JMO)

26 Mar 2012 22:52 #80 by MountainTownAlerts

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds