Lower North Fork Fire & Prescribed Fire Review

26 Mar 2012 22:55 - 26 Mar 2012 23:06 #81 by pineinthegrass

285 Bound Alerts wrote: Per Twitter:

Currently 14 dogs, 6 cats housed in Conifer High. Still some cages available, but space becoming tight, officials said.

I'm thinking IMHS may have additional cages and crates at their location if necessary.

If cages/crates are needed, I'd suggest calling IMHS in the morning. I'm guessing vets and other boarding places may have space as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Mar 2012 22:57 #82 by BuyersAgent1
netdude, I'm so sorry :-( and so happy you are ok.
Nothing puts stuff into perspective faster.
Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can assist, I can provide housing for people and pets.

26 Mar 2012 23:07 #83 by pacamom

pineinthegrass wrote:

285 Bound Alerts wrote: Per Twitter:

Currently 14 dogs, 6 cats housed in Conifer High. Still some cages available, but space becoming tight, officials said.

I'm thinking IMHS may have additional cages and crates at their location if necessary.

If cages/crates are needed, I'd suggest calling IMHS in the morning. I'm guessing vets and other places may have space as well.

We do have crates available at IMHS. I put a request out to someone that was going to the high school to pick up a couple of dogs, that I had room for dogs and alpacas if needed. No word yet, so the people who have their dogs/cats there must want to keep them close and the folks that evac'd the alpacas must have had room for them all.

Thank you to my friends that stepped up immediately to help get those pacas off Keuhster.

26 Mar 2012 23:17 #84 by Local_Historian
Just a reminder to everyone - the mountain area feed for the police is not just going to have the fire, they also have other things going on - some people are confusing the two. Recently, there was a report of a guy waving a gun at someone while racing up I70, and info from a hit and run accident elsewhere. Please, if you are listening, listen closely - not all is fire related. Don't want people to panic over misheard things.

26 Mar 2012 23:24 #85 by Local_Historian
People are asking for a map that shows the extent of the fire - does such exist yet? If so, will you link me?

26 Mar 2012 23:36 #86 by ScienceChic
My friend Eric put this project together on his software called CoKnown for me tonight - it's a collection the main sources of info I've been using for this fire. Maps are in one of the tabs. Unfortunately, since we can't use HTML code on the forum, I can't post it directly here, but it's up on our blog and will continue to be updated with new info.

http://285bound.com/breakingnews/?p=826

CoKnown is an awesome research tool, allowing multiple users to add internet pages to one project so you can pool all of your data on one subject in one easy-to-access location. I've got some more playing to do with it, and definitely more to add to this one project. Check it out, let me know what else to add and what you think of the tool!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Mar 2012 00:19 #87 by LopingAlong
Just got home from evacuating horses on Pleasant Park. The good news is that there is no smell of smoke at S Ridge Rd and Pleasant Park, though there had been earlier. The horses are out (last I heard 3 were left at the barn I was at and Ingrid and some others were helping evac them). Probably the wrong time to say this, but really, people, if you own a horse, please, please, please train him/her to load. I spent over 4 hours and only loaded a total of four horses. Call if you need help training them.

I heard that someone died and I'm so sorry to learn that news.

Sleep now, then more evacs in the morning. If you need help, call either me on my cell-- 303 579 5401, or better, Jeffco Animal Control.

27 Mar 2012 00:27 #88 by ScienceChic
Thank you for all your hard work LA. Sleep well.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Mar 2012 00:44 #89 by Rockdoc
Anyone needing to stay can put up at our house also. Have empty room for 6 or so.

27 Mar 2012 00:45 #90 by Rockdoc
Anyone needing to stay can put up at our house also. Have empty room for 6 or so.

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds