Breaking news. Emergency alert notification calls in wildfire malfunctioned

04 Apr 2012 21:03 - 10 Dec 2016 22:38 #41 by akilina
VL if you are done entertaining yourself, maybe we could get back to intent of this thread?

homeagain wrote:

akilina wrote: Has it occurred to any of you that the 911 callers knthe magnitude of the situation and wanted to help other neighbors understand - 911 being the fastest, best way to reach many. Only to have 911 dispatcher rebuff or minimize their reports.

Understanding THAT would be the logic,yes. What I DON'T understand iS NOT taking it further,asking to speak to a supervisor,calling
OTHER agencies,9whats to know does a REALLY good job when contacted,there were OTHER things that could have been done to
get the word OUT......you can NOT be passive when there is a critical mass problem. It is the same with doctors,medical field, IF you
are NOT getting answers OR the answers are NOT satisfactory then you get a second opinion,make contact with supervisors,and then
you ESCALATE it to THEIR supervisor......it called being assertive. JMO( I do understand at the later part of the day things had reached
critical mass......BUT earlier,being passive was NOT a good choice...jmo

All good suggestions homeagain. But when time is of the essence, you might not have time to get a second opinion. You call dispatch and expect reasonable answers - not watch the news or other ridiculous responses.

Jeffco dispatch needs to reevaluate how they respond to multiple calls. Yes they are busy and overwhelmed but they have to learn how to manage it.

We have learned from past experience to not argue with dispatch for any of their ridiculous responses but insist that either a fire dept person or deputy, depending on the issue, respond to your location, whether you dialed 911 or not.

And based on the circumstances I don't know that I would sit and wait for them, but act if necessary, and let them know what other location (safer) where you will meet them.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Apr 2012 17:07 - 10 Dec 2016 22:37 #42 by

akilina wrote: VL if you are done entertaining yourself, maybe we could get back to intent of this thread?

Akalinia? I added some good content to the discussion ?

06 Apr 2012 08:52 - 10 Dec 2016 22:36 #43 by LOL
Mapping glitch.

Here is an update on the malfunction:

www.aurorasentinel.com/email_push/news/a...04-001a4bcf887a.html

"Software that failed to recognize a community name and a discrepancy between coordinates on Google maps and a mapping system are being blamed for the failure to alert some residents to a deadly Colorado wildfire."

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

06 Apr 2012 09:12 - 10 Dec 2016 22:35 #44 by CC

06 Apr 2012 09:24 - 10 Dec 2016 22:34 #45 by CC
Evacuations and trigger points were discussed by local fire departments very early in this fire. A Type 3 Team was also requested very early in this fire. More than 2-3 hours transpired before this would actually happen.
There was a great deal of of confusion as to who was in charge of this fire. (Incident Command).
The location of the Incident Command was moved multiple times. Staging areas were also moved multiple times.
Why?

06 Apr 2012 09:45 - 10 Dec 2016 22:33 #46 by jf1acai
That Denver Post article provides a different view of the Incident Command on this fire than what I got from listening to the radio traffic. As I said before - mymountaintown.com/forum/139-the-campfir...ence?start=30#207450 , we definitely need clarification of who was IC and when.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

06 Apr 2012 13:07 - 10 Dec 2016 22:31 #47 by akilina

jf1acai wrote: That Denver Post article provides a different view of the Incident Command on this fire than what I got from listening to the radio traffic. As I said before - mymountaintown.com/forum/139-the-campfir...ence?start=30#207450 , we definitely need clarification of who was IC and when.

Same here jf1acai. That's not how I heard it.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

06 Apr 2012 15:30 - 10 Dec 2016 22:27 #48 by akilina
From 9news Official: Emergency notification system fixed
www.9news.com/news/local/article/261307/...ication-system-fixed

I hope it is fixed. I know the Morrison exchange is used in that area. Might account for why some people not even close to the area got a call?

06 Apr 2012 15:57 - 10 Dec 2016 22:26 #49 by jf1acai

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds