Pretty private OR just passe

15 Jul 2010 13:56 #1 by homeagain
In general, privacy is pretty important to me. The texting,tweeter,facebook,utube,my space,etc.etc.factor seems like "tmi" to me.
so-o-o,I'm asking the question....."is privacy IMPORTANT or is it passe"? This question was prompted by several 'friend" requests after
I inadvertently ventured into facebook,THEN backed out and found my self in the thick of a "befriending bid....(hey Vik,no offense,but
I DON'T do facebook and tweetering just seems like the nanoseconds of your life is of interest to no one) I guess I must be in the
minority because EVERYONE is on the band wagon....... :TMI:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jul 2010 14:23 #2 by jf1acai
Not everyone.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

15 Jul 2010 14:25 #3 by mozartsmom
I don't have time to set up another "house" on those sites. this type of forum is enough for me.

15 Jul 2010 14:36 - 15 Jul 2010 15:56 #4 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Pretty private OR just passe
Facebook is great for women because they like the chit chat, but I have to question the sexuality of any man with a FaceBook account.

15 Jul 2010 14:39 #5 by HEARTLESS
Nice, way to bump this to another forum.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

15 Jul 2010 15:17 #6 by FredHayek
Personally I am not too worried about my privacy online. I don't make tons of comments, even on Facebook, but I also believe our privacy is already compromised even before Facebook & Tweeting.

Actual privacy? I just moved to a new home and am shocked at the lack of privacy, it has a great view, but conversly everyone can check us out too. Big change from my old house where no one could see into my backyard or even tell if we were home. It is taking a while to get used to.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Jul 2010 15:25 #7 by homeagain

Vice Lord wrote: When I was a kid I used to ask adults inappropriate questions like "how much money do you make"?...My parents would tell me not to ask questions like that, but thats what I wanted to know and whats the big secret anyway?

Once here I posted that my wife had a period, and I got a bunch of TMI responses, the same thing happened when I mentioned that she went to the restroom....Everyone freaked out?...Very uptight- Its like everyone wants to pretend they are royalty and that they never crap, have a period, fight with their spouses, lie, cheat or beat the dog,

Were all human, lets dump the pretense

Hi VL.......think "Tiger Woods Trysts"......WHO is stupid enough to NOT know this
could become "public press/?"

15 Jul 2010 15:28 #8 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Pretty private OR just passe
Hi

15 Jul 2010 15:46 #9 by pound dog mom
I'm with homeagain, jf1acai, mozartsmom, this site and my (3) email boxes are more than enough for me. I use only one email box for all of my email, the other two I never use on any sites that might start spamming me. I never do any of those social network sites (they scare me a little - TMI). I had to use linkedin.com when I was trying to network for a job and now I can't figure out how to get out of it so I just let it sit there.

15 Jul 2010 15:50 #10 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Pretty private OR just passe

pound dog mom wrote: I'm with homeagain, jf1acai, mozartsmom, this site and my (3) email boxes are more than enough for me. I use only one email box for all of my email, the other two I never use on any sites that might start spamming me. I never do any of those social network sites (they scare me a little - TMI). I had to use linkedin.com when I was trying to network for a job and now I can't figure out how to get out of it so I just let it sit there.

I agree PDM, I am on Linkedin , it was a favor for a friend . I cannot figure how to get off now. Not a FB or MS person either. There was a great article by Computer Hounds in his blog on here about privacy and social networks. ( hard drive)

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds