To Rome. Been there? Where to stay?

16 Jul 2010 09:37 #1 by Rockdoc
Does anyone have firsthand information on Rome? I'd love to hear about that. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jul 2010 09:56 #2 by CC
Are you going there and taking Sunshine?

16 Jul 2010 12:33 #3 by Momma Bear
I used to live in Brindisi Italy in the 80's. Lived there for four years. I went to Rome at least 4 times and loved it. What do you want to know? I hope I can help you with your questions but it has been a while since I visited there.

16 Jul 2010 19:21 #4 by Rockdoc

Momma Bear wrote: I used to live in Brindisi Italy in the 80's. Lived there for four years. I went to Rome at least 4 times and loved it. What do you want to know? I hope I can help you with your questions but it has been a while since I visited there.

Where in the city is the best place to stay, meaning location wise. Would you stay near the Colosseum or elsewhere. Taking in Roman history is tops on the list, but so is enjoying the culture.

16 Jul 2010 19:22 #5 by Rockdoc

Becky wrote: Are you going there and taking Sunshine?

If the opportunity arises, yes.

16 Jul 2010 19:41 #6 by CC
Yeah!

16 Jul 2010 20:00 #7 by Wayne Harrison
(That sounds like you're glad she'll be gone)

16 Jul 2010 20:09 #8 by netdude
Been there and all I can say is Rome is awesome! Culture, history, it has New Yorks energy but WAY more class.

We stayed in the Trastevere neighborhood, it is a great way to stay amongst the Romans as they live. My cousin who lives in Pontinia suggested it. It does not feel all touristy. It's close to the Vatican City, near the Tibor, the Colosseum and the Forum. Walking distance. Not too far to the Pantheon either. It is a little farther to the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain.

Best thing for me was to go out in the evening and walk around the neighborhood, little piazzas with sidewalk cafe's, full off people having a wonderful time... La Dolce Vita!!!!

16 Jul 2010 22:40 #9 by Sunshine Girl

netdude wrote: Been there and all I can say is Rome is awesome! Culture, history, it has New Yorks energy but WAY more class.

We stayed in the Trastevere neighborhood, it is a great way to stay amongst the Romans as they live. My cousin who lives in Pontinia suggested it. It does not feel all touristy. It's close to the Vatican City, near the Tibor, the Colosseum and the Forum. Walking distance. Not too far to the Pantheon either. It is a little farther to the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain.

Best thing for me was to go out in the evening and walk around the neighborhood, little piazzas with sidewalk cafe's, full off people having a wonderful time... La Dolce Vita!!!!

That sounds amazing! We've been looking into places in Venice and Florence too. So Rome, Venice, and Florence are the big three places for us so far. Any suggestions based on that?

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

16 Jul 2010 22:41 #10 by Sunshine Girl

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Becky wrote: Are you going there and taking Sunshine?

If the opportunity arises, yes.

Very funny mister! Keep it up and you just might be going by yourself! :biggrin: :wink: :heart: lol

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds