What will happen with the Safeway Center?

27 Jul 2012 08:57 #1 by HappyCamper
Just wondering what will happen with the center since no one bought it.

We have lived up here for 20 years and while we have our own opinion on the building of the center now that it is there seems that they would lower the rent so that businesses could actually afford to be there.

Not sure what the last Census count was for Conifer, Bailey and Pine but with many people moving out of the area because of the economy my guess is that it would not be much more than 30,000.

We do shop at Safeway for smaller shopping or if they have a great deal in their ad but we like Kings better. This is a choice that we had when we lived in town we just seemed to go to Kings.

We visit Brooks monthly and Sonic a couple times a month mostly for their drinks.

The dreams of what people want to see up here are just not a reality as the population can not support it. We would love to see new businesses come but sadly we thinking it will be a ghost town for quite awhile.

Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jul 2012 09:14 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic What will happen with the Safeway Center?
No offense but you have population to support businesses but alot of your dollars are being spent down the hill. You are still a bedroom community because you don't have the medical, department stores to make your town pretty self sufficient. And let's face it. Alot of people do work in Denver. Until that happens, if people have to go to town for one thing they will most likely buy other things too. At least that is how I see it. I think that is why it is so hard to keep some of these places.

27 Jul 2012 09:18 #3 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic What will happen with the Safeway Center?
Call me a simpleton but I rarely pull into the Safeway center beceause its a pain in the ass..Its like 2 or 3 blocks of driving to get to a parking space. It's just that simple- They should have made a massive entrance and boom your there in the parking lot. Don't make me drive all the way to the front of the stores then back into the lots..King Soopers is so easy to get into.

27 Jul 2012 09:19 #4 by UNDER MODERATION

CinnamonGirl wrote: but you have population to support businesses but alot of your dollars are being spent down the hill. You are still a bedroom community because you don't have the medical, department stores to make your town pretty self sufficient. And let's face it. Alot of people do work in Denver. Until that happens, if people have to go to town for one thing they will most likely buy other things too. At least that is how I see it. I think that is why it is so hard to keep some of these places.

Wait a second..You can't say nothin, you live in Aurora

HOW DARE YOU!

27 Jul 2012 09:20 #5 by UNDER MODERATION
Theres nothing wrong with our town CG!

27 Jul 2012 09:35 #6 by Raees
By Safeway Center, do you mean the new Town Centre or the old Safeway Center, where Staples is?

Both the Town Centre and King Soopers are equally hard to get into.

27 Jul 2012 09:37 #7 by Mtn Gramma

Bull Meachum wrote: Call me a simpleton ...

Ok. Done

27 Jul 2012 09:41 #8 by UNDER MODERATION

Mtn Gramma wrote:

Ok. Done

I can always count on you to be vicious towards me Gramma...Very consistant, i'll give you that

Now back to the subject- Why is CG bashing us? Our little community? God knows Aurora has its fair share of problems for her to worry about

27 Jul 2012 09:45 #9 by Mtn Gramma
Stating the truth isn't bashing.

27 Jul 2012 09:46 #10 by Mtn Gramma

Bull Meachum wrote:

Mtn Gramma wrote:

Ok. Done

I can always count on you to be vicious towards me Gramma...Very consistant, i'll give you that

Simply quoting and complying. :biggrin:

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds