What will happen with the Safeway Center?

27 Jul 2012 09:49 #11 by Sunshine Girl
rofllol :lol: rofllol

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jul 2012 09:54 #12 by HappyCamper
We love our little Mountain Towns but...We do make a Costco run about every month and a half their prices on meats and cheeses just blow the doors off the grocery stores (in town or mountains).

With Safeway I find that unless you are coming up the hill you do not know it is there until you pass it. Most of the complaints I have heard from past businesses were the rent/water pricing being so high. If I remember right from reading about them in the paper they had plenty of customers but if you are paying premium rent prices (like what the charge on the 16th street mall) and you are not drawing from 100,000 people your not going to make it.

Mountain towns close enough to Denver will always struggle as most likely 3/4 of the jobs are in town. I commuted when I first moved up here and I would shop in town mostly because I had a 40 minute commute home and didn't want to drive for half hour then stop and shop for an hour and drive another 10 minutes to get home.

I wanted to take care of business right after work drive home and enjoy living in the mountains.

Back when it was just Safeway I rarely would venture in to shop on a weekend as it was just too busy and crazy. If it happened to be a weekend during the summer it was worse. We liked it when the City Market was in Aspen Park because you could go grab what you needed without the crowd.

I now find myself doing that with Safeway if it is the weekend and I need something I don't go to Kings I go to Safeway so that I am in and out and back to enjoying my weekend.

Funny how things turn around.

27 Jul 2012 10:30 #13 by ScienceChic
We always went to Safeway, even after it moved. I just better liked the store produce and a few other specialty items that were available, and to me it was just as cumbersome getting in and out of either place.

For now the bank still owns the property, and we'll see what happens next. I hope it gets bought by someone as good as the new managers of the Conifer MarketPlace seem to be.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Jul 2012 10:42 #14 by cydl
I really hope Safeway stays; I wouldn't like to see King's have a monopoly on the area. I actually like Safeway better than Kings but I generally shop at Kings because you can get in and out faster (hardly any checkers at Safeway!). Last Saturday I stopped at Safeway to pick up a couple of things we had forgotten to get at out normal shop. I was thru the aisles in about 5 mins. but standing in line at the checkout about 40!

27 Jul 2012 10:52 #15 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic What will happen with the Safeway Center?

Bull Meachum wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote: but you have population to support businesses but alot of your dollars are being spent down the hill. You are still a bedroom community because you don't have the medical, department stores to make your town pretty self sufficient. And let's face it. Alot of people do work in Denver. Until that happens, if people have to go to town for one thing they will most likely buy other things too. At least that is how I see it. I think that is why it is so hard to keep some of these places.

Wait a second..You can't say nothin, you live in Aurora

HOW DARE YOU!

You don't think I know you all and your community from working on this site? If I am wrong say so...... LOL

27 Jul 2012 10:57 #16 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic What will happen with the Safeway Center?

Why is CG bashing us? Our little community? God knows Aurora has its fair share of problems for her to worry about

rofllol Just FYI, I always tell people around here how the Conifer site makes fun of us who live in the southeast side of metro. I am now Centennial not Aurora. But am two blocks from Aurora. Aurora and Centennial are all mixed together around here and really have no idea where you are most of the time. But still.

I am not bashing your community. Get a Walmart and medical centers up there like Evergreen and I would even consider living there. (well probably not, I can't live with the fire danger) but seriously if you are not self sufficient in businesses to keep the community up there when then need something then people will keep going down the hill. I really am concerned about the lack of medical services up there. Everytime there is an accident a helicopter has to come in. I feel that is a problem more than anything. Not bashing just trying to help. Keeping it real, honey.

27 Jul 2012 12:16 - 27 Jul 2012 12:22 #17 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic What will happen with the Safeway Center?
First I want to take a moment to say hi to Sunshine Girl, Hi SG- always great to see you, you literally are a ray of sunshine in this cess pool of negativity.

Now CG

I may not be smartest pencil in the box but even I know that when someone starts a sentence with "no offense but", that there's something highly offensive coming around the corner. Now i'm sorry that this community is not up to your standards, but we are doing the best we can here.

27 Jul 2012 12:20 #18 by UNDER MODERATION

HappyCamper wrote: Back when it was just Safeway I rarely would venture in to shop on a weekend as it was just too busy and crazy. If it happened to be a weekend during the summer it was worse. We liked it when the City Market was in Aspen Park because you could go grab what you needed without the crowd.

Oh those were the days weren't they? I still miss the old Safeway

27 Jul 2012 12:29 #19 by ComputerBreath
Personally, I prefer Safeway to Kings Soopers/City Market. But, have no problem shopping at either, depending on what I need, how well I know the store, and where I am. I rarely shop either as I'm able to shop the commissary on base...best prices, no taxes, best meat...well worth the hour and a half drive one way.

It would be sad if this newly built shopping center went belly-up.

27 Jul 2012 12:40 #20 by UNDER MODERATION

ComputerBreath wrote: I rarely shop either as I'm able to shop the commissary on base...best prices, no taxes, best meat...well worth the hour and a half drive one way.

Well, thats great for you, but bad for everyone else here- You should keep your money in the community.

.....And they don't have the best meat, maybe better that Safeway or Kroger but that ain't sayin much, in fact thats not saying anything. BTW, as a full quarter century USAA member i'm I allowed to shop at the commissary too? Not that I would, just wondering

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds