What will happen with the Safeway Center?

28 Jul 2012 21:15 #41 by MsMAM

Blazer Bob wrote:

Grady wrote:

mtntrekker wrote: What Pioneer License Plates? I haven't seen any.

Just another vanity plate anybody can buy.

FWIW, military plates still require proof. They asked me for a DD-214 just last week but accepted my DD form-2.

Hey, thanks for your service. I appreciate your dedication to protecting all of us!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jul 2012 21:32 #42 by pineinthegrass
I'm just glad we have two great supermarkets up here in King Soopers and Safeway. We shop them both, and I don't think the access is much different for either one when you consider you are driving off a highway rather than a street down in the suburbs. But if you don't live up here, the Safeway exits would be harder to figure out since the store isn't very visible from the highway.

I want to give a shoutout for Safeway since this just happened. I bought a few things a couple of days ago and took them out in a cart to my car. Dumb me, I forgot to load the 12 pack of soda I had at the bottom of the cart, even though I walked it back to the cart depot and didn't notice it.

I was driving by the next day, decided to drop by for something else, and just for the hell of it (not that I expected anything) I asked a clerk at Safeway if they have a "lost and found" for stuff left in carts. She said they did, and directed me to customer service.

I asked the customer service lady, and she said they do get stuff from carts there, but didn't have my soda. She then said just go ahead and get a free replacement (I didn't even have my receipt with me). I explained I was just asking, and didn't expect anything. But she insisted.

Great service beyond the call of duty! Hopefully Safeway stays here because I do like the store. And I like King Soopers too.

30 Jul 2012 13:05 #43 by ComputerBreath

Bull Meachum wrote:

ComputerBreath wrote: I rarely shop either as I'm able to shop the commissary on base...best prices, no taxes, best meat...well worth the hour and a half drive one way.

Well, thats great for you, but bad for everyone else here- You should keep your money in the community.

.....And they don't have the best meat, maybe better that Safeway or Kroger but that ain't sayin much, in fact thats not saying anything. BTW, as a full quarter century USAA member i'm I allowed to shop at the commissary too? Not that I would, just wondering

1) I live in Fairplay and work in Breckenridge. To keep my money in the community, I'd go broke. Yes, I could decide to drive 45 minutes to Conifer to shop...but why not take the extra 45 minutes and not only save my money but visit my son in the Denver area??? My money, my choice. The first year and a half I lived in Fairplay, I did only shop locally...after the first major shopping trip to the base, I knew why that first year and a half I couldn't provide for my children very well.

2) They do have the best meat for a grocery store...I could get better if I went to a butcheror maybe Albertsons, but I'd still be shopping out of the local area.

3) In order to be able to shop on base you have to have a current ID card...either active duty, dependent, or retiree (A DD Form 2).

30 Jul 2012 16:50 #44 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic What will happen with the Safeway Center?
Well, its all about you I guess, what about Prathers Market?

And you won't get Certified PRIME beef at any store- You gotta go direct to the source or raise it yourself

31 Jul 2012 13:17 #45 by ComputerBreath

Bull Meachum wrote: Well, its all about you I guess, what about Prathers Market?

And you won't get Certified PRIME beef at any store- You gotta go direct to the source or raise it yourself

It is all about me...and I'm not going to apologize for that...I've figured out how to not only survive in these mountains but to thrive.

I do shop Prather's just not for my every day stuff...have you ever been there...because they are the only game in town, their prices are way higher than even City Market in Breckenridge, and theirs are way high.

Didn't say anything about Certified PRIME beef...just said the meat at the commissary is better than at City Market.

01 Aug 2012 12:32 #46 by Merlin
Safeway would be a great animal shelter,,,,

:biggrin:

Merlin

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds