congratulations to Wayne,

19 Aug 2013 15:30 #41 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic congratulations to Wayne,
Indeed. I think the only mistake is in taking him too seriously. I suspect that if this board took a hard left turn he'd be back the next day as a rabid Republican.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Aug 2013 16:10 #42 by Mtn Gramma

chickaree wrote: Indeed. I think the only mistake is in taking him too seriously. I suspect that if this board took a hard left turn he'd be back the next day as a rabid Republican.

Couldn't care less about that. I'm sick of his insensitive snark in multiple situations where community members have died, been seriously injured, or lost a loved one. That behavior on his part in intolerable. How does one not take seriously the pain he has inflicted in those instances?

Edited to add: And doing his little "aw, shucks, I didn't know...I'm sorry" shuffle after he gets called on it simply doesn't take care of it.

19 Aug 2013 16:22 #43 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic congratulations to Wayne,
So, if we make mistakes our apologies don't count? Perfection in all things are required? In that case, we are all guilty. Honestly, if I came on this forum and was recieved with the level of hate ViceLord is, even when posting non-politically, I'd probably get pushed into nastiness also. No two people on this board are met with the same level of vitriol as LadyJazzer and ViceLord. Now, I admit that LadyJazzer gets my goat at times. She has never (in my memory) spoken to a conservative with anything but disdain. ViceLord, on the other hand, is often lighthearted and humorous; but to no effect. The reaction to him is akin the LadyJazzers to conservatives. There are other posters on here more vile then either of these, but they are met with a mostly courteous response. I find it baffling, and can only suppose that it is a mob mentality.

19 Aug 2013 16:42 #44 by BuyersAgent
I'd agree there are some things that just are not funny, period, and if VL or anybody else has been "over the line" that would be something they might want to address. I think anybody who already was offended by a particular post or position is likely to stay that way -- whether it's VL or somebody else -- in part because many online chatters have no other relationship with one another and therefore have no chance to "set the record straight."

Kathy G. Hansen
Broker/Owner
COLORADO HIGHLIGHTS REALTY
303-761-4046

19 Aug 2013 17:51 #45 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic congratulations to Wayne,

chickaree wrote: So, if we make mistakes our apologies don't count? Perfection in all things are required? In that case, we are all guilty. Honestly, if I came on this forum and was recieved with the level of hate ViceLord is, even when posting non-politically, I'd probably get pushed into nastiness also. There are other posters on here more vile then either of these, but they are met with a mostly courteous response. I find it baffling, and can only suppose that it is a mob mentality

You are very understanding Chickaree, and empathatic- and I think that empathy is the most important of human emotions. I know that at times I have been less than empathatic here, and I usually regret it later, but i'm back here (briefly) to tell you that a good example of a human being (like you) does a lot more good than any harsh words ever could to change behavior

Thank you :heart:

19 Aug 2013 18:09 #46 by UNDER MODERATION

Mtn Gramma wrote: Couldn't care less about that. I'm sick of his insensitive snark in multiple situations where community members have died, been seriously injured, or lost a loved one. That behavior on his part in intolerable. How does one not take seriously the pain he has inflicted in those instances?

Edited to add: And doing his little "aw, shucks, I didn't know...I'm sorry" shuffle after he gets called on it simply doesn't take care of it.

ColoradoKathy wrote: I'd agree there are some things that just are not funny, period, and if VL or anybody else has been "over the line" that would be something they might want to address. I think anybody who already was offended by a particular post or position is likely to stay that way --

I know where I lost a lot of friends..The March 2012 Fire, Shoeshineboys death, buying a vacum cleaner for my wifes birthday, the Tsunami in Hawaii, the Aurora shooting and the "head in the backpack" thing.... Which my source still swears is true.

All I said about ShoeShine was that "he said he wanted to kill me once"
My wife loved the vacum, it was a Dyson
When I made my wife take a walk on a Hawaii beach with me at 12 noon on Febuary 10 2010 I knew the wave was only gonna be 2 feet high
And the funny joke I made about the Aurora shooting was just a bit of gallows humour..Everyone was so upset, I just wanted to lighten it up a little

#idontknowhatelsetosay

19 Aug 2013 19:26 #47 by archer
Replied by archer on topic congratulations to Wayne,
VL.... I've always supported your right to post what you want where you want.... I feel the same for every poster. And, I will tell you when I agree with you and when I don't..... If you want friends who only agree with you and won't tell you when they think you have crossed the line, or are wrong, then we probably can't be friends. For sure you have let me know when you have disagreed with me. We have been on to many boards up here to start taking what is posted too seriously.

20 Aug 2013 06:20 #48 by UNDER MODERATION
Ok friend...i do respect your opinion

20 Aug 2013 10:51 #49 by BuyersAgent
"I know where I lost a lot of friends..The March 2012 Fire, Shoeshineboys death, buying a vacum cleaner for my wifes birthday, the Tsunami in Hawaii, the Aurora shooting and the "head in the backpack" thing."

Yes, that was it, alright. lol :graduate:

However, I do think it's "a new day" if only because other routes have been or will shortly be cut off, and look forward to many future collective discussions with you, which it's hoped will satisfyingly invade the controversial and provocative but stop short of inspiring others to do you in. :biggrin:

Kathy G. Hansen
Broker/Owner
303-761-4046

20 Aug 2013 11:11 #50 by BuyersAgent
On a more somber note -- Wayne, this is a comment relevant to the title of the thread.

I can't help but remark upon the fact that AC44 seems to have met a whole collection of kindred souls and developed strong, loving relationships with many of them, solely through the brainchild website that you dubbed Pinecam. Although I realize that the loss of this person is keen and will be mourned for a long while by many, I hope you are comforted by having met at least the part of your life purpose that involved affording others free discourse at your expense, with the design and intention that their lives would be improved.

When "the time comes," you won't be there empty-handed! and even those whose lives were complicated or aggravated by your creation will be forced to agree that you provided only the access, while the energies they added were theirs to account for -- one way or the other. You made a difference, in other words, and I applaud and thank you for it.

Kathy ("BuyersAgent") :heart:

And just in case there is someone "in the know" at Pinecam who may be lurking around and reading these pages: wouldn't it be nice if there was a Random Act of Kindness that would restore everyone in the community's access to mourn -- and celebrate -- and warn one another about local conditions -- together, on a single website? How do we account for the sacrifices made by others without being willing to accept some sacrifice ourselves? I will never stop hoping that mankind comes to his senses and stops warring with himself, and find it unseemly that on a day everyone comes together to remark on somebody's goodness, there is still hostility between them on some online forum or another.

:tulip:

Kathy G. Hansen
Broker/Owner
303-761-4046

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds