congratulations to Wayne,

20 Aug 2013 11:38 #51 by Wayne Harrison
Thanks for your kind words, Kathy.

I was remarking about that to my wife on the way to Carole's service yesterday. I know several couples who met on Pinecam and later married, others who moved here, in part becase of what they read on Pinecam from future neighbors. Nothing is perfect, and that includes Pinecam. But it continues to provide a community service almost 20 years after the genesis of it was launched on the fledging World Wide Web. Facebook came along 10 years later and provided a different kind of service, which Carole used extensively to connect more closely with friends she'd made on Pinecam. It is more than just a message board and that's something some people will never understand, I guess. I had high hopes it would be further along by now, incorporating new ideas and new technology but, so far, that is apparently not to be. It is what it is and I have finally come to accept that and realize that's OK, too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Aug 2013 11:40 #52 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic congratulations to Wayne,

ColoradoKathy wrote: On a more somber note -- Wayne, this is a comment relevant to the title of the thread.

I can't help but remark upon the fact that AC44 seems to have met a whole collection of kindred souls and developed strong, loving relationships with many of them, solely through the brainchild website that you dubbed Pinecam. Although I realize that the loss of this person is keen and will be mourned for a long while by many, I hope you are comforted by having met at least the part of your life purpose that involved affording others free discourse at your expense, with the design and intention that their lives would be improved.

When "the time comes," you won't be there empty-handed! and even those whose lives were complicated or aggravated by your creation will be forced to agree that you provided only the access, while the energies they added were theirs to account for -- one way or the other. You made a difference, in other words, and I applaud and thank you for it.

Kathy ("BuyersAgent") :heart:

And just in case there is someone "in the know" at Pinecam who may be lurking around and reading these pages: wouldn't it be nice if there was a Random Act of Kindness that would restore everyone in the community's access to mourn -- and celebrate -- and warn one another about local conditions -- together, on a single website? How do we account for the sacrifices made by others without being willing to accept some sacrifice ourselves? I will never stop hoping that mankind comes to his senses and stops warring with himself, and find it unseemly that on a day everyone comes together to remark on somebody's goodness, there is still hostility between them on some online forum or another.

:tulip:

So beautifully stated. :heart: Our community owes so much to Wayne and his creation. I have met dear friends through Pinecam and it's spinoffs. People have been helped, animals found, losses shared and people endangered warned. The dark side is the hatred expressed that, in a face to face encounter, would be softened by interpersonal interactions. We have it in our ability to reject that side. To treat each online companion as the living, breathing, feeling soul they are.

20 Aug 2013 13:27 #53 by appleannie

It is what it is and I have finally come to accept that and realize that's OK, too.

:yeahthat:

20 Aug 2013 17:27 #54 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic congratulations to Wayne,
No its not ok..Why is ok AA? They ruined his message board and turned it into a virtual online display of some of the worst traits in humanity....When he gave it away it had such potential, it could have been Yahoo or Google- instead now it's about as exciting an dynamic as nursing home day lounge. Wayne had vision, the people who control the board now give me visions of the worst Home Owners Association I ever heard of-

#WhydidyougiveitallawayWayne

20 Aug 2013 17:49 #55 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic congratulations to Wayne,
WOW, who knew that VL and I would AGREE on a topic and not only agree,but VEHEMENTLY
agree..... :wink:

20 Aug 2013 17:52 #56 by UNDER MODERATION

homeagain wrote: WOW, who knew that VL and I would AGREE on a topic and not only agree,but VEHEMENTLY
agree..... :wink:

They just reported on 9News that Hell just froze over! :rofllol

#Handshake

20 Aug 2013 22:04 #57 by Mtn Gramma

Vice Lord wrote: No its not ok..Why is ok AA? They ruined his message board and turned it into a virtual online display of some of the worst traits in humanity....When he gave it away it had such potential, it could have been Yahoo or Google- instead now it's about as exciting an dynamic as nursing home day lounge. Wayne had vision, the people who control the board now give me visions of the worst Home Owners Association I ever heard of-

Credit where credit's due -- you're absolutely right in your assessment. :like:

21 Aug 2013 19:46 #58 by UNDER MODERATION

Mtn Gramma wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: No its not ok..Why is ok AA? They ruined his message board and turned it into a virtual online display of some of the worst traits in humanity....When he gave it away it had such potential, it could have been Yahoo or Google- instead now it's about as exciting an dynamic as nursing home day lounge. Wayne had vision, the people who control the board now give me visions of the worst Home Owners Association I ever heard of-

Credit where credit's due -- you're absolutely right in your assessment. :like:

Oh, thanks... I thought it up myself- I can tell the story behind the post if anyones interested?

21 Aug 2013 19:49 #59 by UNDER MODERATION

towermonkey wrote: And Wayne is bragging about this idiot being one of the smartest people he knows. Wayne, you've got to get out more...

Is someone getting a little jealous of all the praise and recognition i've been recieving lately????

:)

22 Aug 2013 20:08 #60 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic congratulations to Wayne,
I love your heart CK but it will never happen.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds