Wildland Fire Evergreen

03 Jun 2013 16:21 #11 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen
According to the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office on Twitter, the evacuations are being ordered for a four-mile radius with a southern boundary of Highway 285, a northern boundary of Buffalo Park Road, an eastern boundary of Highway 73 and a western boundary of the Jefferson County Line.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/wi ... green-area

Thanks to Becky and Mirror on EGbound.com for pointing out this is close to you guys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jun 2013 16:25 #12 by mountaindollar
Level 3 evac call came into Mountain Dollar around 3:00.

We are taking video of the store just in case then we will be headed home.

The fire still appears to be far from the store but traffic is backing up around the Lake pretty good.

03 Jun 2013 16:35 #13 by Hoot Owl
Replied by Hoot Owl on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen
And Pinecam is shut down. Interesting community resource. Also interesting that the newscasters have no clue where Evergreen, Brook Forest, and the Outdoor Lab are.
Lets all PANIC !!!! I hope all that are in harms way, are safe and the firefighters are safe as well.

03 Jun 2013 16:38 #14 by CinnamonGirl
So far not hearing about any serious danger issues right now. Hoping for everyone.

03 Jun 2013 16:57 #15 by Buck Wenbrook
God help us.

03 Jun 2013 16:57 #16 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen
I'm at Conifer Medical Center right now trying to get that webcam back up and running - the admin who takes care of tech stuff for the Center is over fighting the fire right now. It has a direct view of the fire.

This is from the hill behind Brooks Place Tavern.

[youtube:1hbez27a]
[/youtube:1hbez27a]

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 Jun 2013 17:15 #17 by Jekyll
Replied by Jekyll on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen
Still haven't heard back from my close friend that lives off of Snowshoe. I think he's screwed on getting in there, it's all locked down. I don't usually pray but right now I am. It's being contained but could get out of control very quickly. This is why I will give the fire dept. any money that they ask for. Food for thought and not a discussion for right now btw. Just food for thought.

03 Jun 2013 17:16 #18 by CinnamonGirl

03 Jun 2013 17:25 #19 by deltamrey
Replied by deltamrey on topic Wildland Fire Evergreen
Hope this can be rapidly "contained" Tough area....canyons and steep mountains.

Note that usually firefighters except for air tankers cannot directly impact a fire up here.....containment is about all that can be done IF that. Most of these just burn themselves out......after a lot of real damage. Gonna be a long summer.

03 Jun 2013 17:29 #20 by Local_Historian
Keeping an eye on things- I'm outside the evac zone, but JUST outside of it.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds